Page 332 of 334 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334 LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5001

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    The main problem with most B and C list characters is that not enough time and effort was placed on developing their villains and supporting cast. The primary difference between someone like Green Lantern and someone like Cyborg or Zatanna is that multiple creators have made it a point to create a mythology around GL, and then the creators that came in afterwards actually stuck with most of the mythology that had been created. Superheroes once they have been around for a while tend to develop a status quo that they tend to stick to. It’s usually the villains that add the flavor to the stories. It’s no accident that the most consistently popular superheroes have big Rogue’s galleries. A large diverse rogue gallery ensures variety in terms of story and the kind of threats the hero faces.
    Yeah that's why I kind of like that Zatanna and The Ripper Webtoon are bringing Allura as Zatanna's nemesis. She is kind similar like Circe to Diana. I hope DC could use some of less popular heroes against their old nemesis too. Plus I do hope they expand Zatanna Homo Magi lore with her mother Sindella. Putting my hope in Young Justice animated series but end up seeing my hope utterly destroyed.

Also wonder if Ram V trying that with Upside Down Man that lingering inside Zatanna. UDM kind of late game boss so I think it's kinda hard to do it.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Frankenstein, Grayson & Worlds Finest were the best of New 52 and should have continued after Doomsday Clock.
    The New Golden Age & Wildstorm should on their own earth TOGETHER it would make for some interesting reading
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Yeah that's why I kind of like that Zatanna and The Ripper Webtoon are bringing Allura as Zatanna's nemesis. She is kind similar like Circe to Diana. I hope DC could use some of less popular heroes against their old nemesis too. Plus I do hope they expand Zatanna Homo Magi lore with her mother Sindella. Putting my hope in Young Justice animated series but end up seeing my hope utterly destroyed.

Also wonder if Ram V trying that with Upside Down Man that lingering inside Zatanna. UDM kind of late game boss so I think it's kinda hard to do it.
    Allura? not In-Ze?

Superhero fans hate supervillain rehabilitation a lot more than they hate superheroes killing.

Extraordinary Member

Mary Marvel and Malik White make a cute couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Superhero fans hate supervillain rehabilitation a lot more than they hate superheroes killing.
    Yeah..? Mass murderers getting a free pass is worse than a hero killing said mass murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's nothing wrong with rehabilitation, it's how often the comics ignore the fact that they were villains that gets to people.

You can make Harley Quinn a good guy if you want, but that doesn't mean Green Arrow and Booster Gold should trust her or that Batman should forget all those people she killed.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah..? Mass murderers getting a free pass is worse than a hero killing said mass murderer.
    Or when heroes get a free pass for murdering people (**cough**Hal**cough**)
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    There was one comic I picked up where Hal was wondering why nobody was hating him and calling for his head and somebody told him that in the big scheme of the universe, what he did really wasn't all that memorable.

That pretty much turned me off all attempts to redeem Hal from then on.

This is a big part of my personal evaluation for whether a character is actually a good candidate.

Some villains spend more time ANNOYING heroes than actually hurting anyone. Which.... Means low or zero body counts.

Scorch is a great example. Yes she fought Super-people a lot... but... murder wasn't really her thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There was one comic I picked up where Hal was wondering why nobody was hating him and calling for his head and somebody told him that in the big scheme of the universe, what he did really wasn't all that memorable.

Meanwhile John Stewart was DEFINED by a certain planet blowing up for decades.

Hal killing off Lanterns-WAS memorable. How many planets did not have protectors? How many Lanterns died in space?

John had folks come after him.

Hal should have a longer line with Unicron, Go-Bots, Inhumans, the Federation, The borg and others wanting his head.

Whatever issue that was-that was LAZY writing.

It's not just the mass murderers they hate being rehabilitated.

edited post.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Whether you buy it or not, Hal didn't get a "free pass." Hal's status quo for years, as Parallax in "Final Night", as the Spectre or back as GL was "We don't trust you, Jordan!" It's one thing if you think he's irredeemable, but the comics did deal with the fallout of his actions for a quite awhile before treating him like a regular hero again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Wow. Who wrote that? That's absolutely...appalling.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.