Page 48 of 333 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    Yup.

I have no problem with Superman being the strongest, whether he has other powers or not. There are all these double standards that fans, creators, etc. have with Superman that they don't for other characters.

This is very much true and a known fact, not just opinion

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Her strength doesn’t even come from Zeus now. It’s blessings bestowed by all the Olympians.

You were the one who said Jonn’s telepathy never gets jobbed.

Superhero kids outperform adults without needing to be genetically engineered or trained from birth. Billy has regularly defeated Black Adam who is only older than him but older than Superman as well. If he can beat Adam, there’s no reason why he can’t beat Superman.

So what is the point of her being zeuss kid then? And if her strength is a blessing from another God, like her flight is, than that is ridiculous.

Batgod characters trump everything, don't act naive, or troll me.

Does he really beat black Adam?
    And if he does his powers EITHER must be more powerful somehow, or fueled more by his good heart, or he wins by street smarts somehow.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I literally counted out the power differences to you and Superman comes out ahead.

Power for power yes, amount of powers jonn does.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    But you don't have to have a perfect mental image of exactly how a machine gun or a jet plane works in order to make one with a power ring. You only need the mental image of a machine gun or a jet plane and the will to work the ring. I could see it being a problem for someone like Cyborg if he were to try and make something new with his like, DCYou powers of technopathy, who might have to know all the moving parts of a device in order to physically construct one on the fly out of his body or a nearby device, but a GL ring doesn't require you to know the details, the ring itself does all that work.
    Vics mind works on a level no regular human can comprehend, he getting all the pieces to fit and work would be child's play for him.

I don't recall the rings actually doing the work of designing the construct, just making and fueling it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Power for power yes, amount of powers jonn does.
    I would like you to list what you think J'onn's powers are and what you think Clark's powers are and see who has the higher amount. There are three things J'onn does that Superman does not, as far as I'm aware, and Superman has more than 3 things J'onn can't do. I thought that was a simple way to show that Clark has more powers. Now, you can easily debate the usefulness of those powers (Telepathy is simultaneously the most useful and least useful power either has, amusingly), but sheer quantity I don't think anyone beats Superman besides GLs and, like, Crazy Jane/Dial H style heroes.
    Last edited by Dred; 02-22-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

Barry Allen is a terrible Flash.

Cyborg is not a founding member of the Justice League.

"I'm the Goddamn Batman" was a well written piece of dialogue.

Charlton Captain Atom is better than the modern version.

Fox Feature Syndicate Blue Beetle was the best run on the character.

Tom King's Batman run is enjoyable.

Tim Drake's New 52 costume is his best look yet.

Stephanie Brown was the best Batgirl.

Caitlin Snow is a better character than Louise Lincoln.

Supeerboy-Prime needs to return.

Final Crisis wasn't hard to read.

Martian Manhunter needs an ongoing.

Superman is an American and always will be.

New 52 Wonder Woman was the best run on the character yet.

Post-Crisis Justice League wasn't bad.

Barry should stay dead.

Kara should be remembered, but also stay dead.

Jason, Kyle, and Donna should part of a Challengers from Beyond miniseries.

Cry for Justice was a good idea. Just poorly executed.

Dick Grayson Batman was more interesting than Nightwing.

Donna Troy should have her Pre-Crisis origin restored.

Green Lantern needs a reboot.

The CW Flash Team should be featured in the comics.

Ollie needs the 70s beard back.

Wally needs to permanently replace Barry.

Legends of Tomorrow needs to be introduced in the comics.

Superman and Supergirl should be on the Arrowverse Earth. As should the DCU streaming service shows.

Aquababy should be brought back into continuity.

Superman should have some powers from Day 1.

There needs to be more diversity between the Robins.

Duke Thomas is a good character.

There should be 2 Wonder Woman books, 2 Flash books, and Multiple Justice League books.

The Justice Foundation needs to be brought back.

Zodiac Master, Mr. Atomic, Dr. Death, and Polka-Dot Man need more love.

Bendis is a good writer.

N52 Wally West should be killed off.

Conner should wear his Pre-FP costume (black t-shirt edition).

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I would like you to list what you think J'onn's powers are and what you think Clark's powers are and see who has the higher amount. There are three things J'onn does that Superman does not, as far as I'm aware, and Superman has more than 3 things J'onn can't do. I thought that was a simple way to show that Clark has more powers. Now, you can easily debate the usefulness of those powers (Telepathy is simultaneously the most useful and least useful power either has, amusingly), but sheer quantity I don't think anyone beats Superman besides GLs and, like, Crazy Jane/Dial H style heroes.

Jonn has basically 2 powers, telepathy and total control over his molecular structure.
    But
    In every bio and if you go through his history he has ALL supermans powers, plus telepathy, shape-shifting, invisibility, intangibility, density changing, amd telekinesis, that's a hell of a lot more than superman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm more inclined to blame the writers who came up with and pushed 'broken, ineffective hero Batman' and 'Batgod' as being more damaging to Batman than the fans.
    IMO, the difference between a good Batman writer and a bad Batman writer is that the bad Batman writer will make Batman and his world bleak and hopeless.

I found Scott Snyder's run on Batman overrated, but I can appreciate how there was ultimately a positive view of the character and the effect he has on Gotham.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Gero4568 View Post
    Barry Allen is a terrible Flash.

Cyborg is not a founding member of the Justice League.

Charlton Captain Atom is better than the modern version.

Fox Feature Syndicate Blue Beetle was the best run on the character.

Tom King's Batman run is enjoyable.

Tim Drake's New 52 costume is his best look yet.

Stephanie Brown was the best Batgirl.

Caitlin Snow is a better character than Louise Lincoln.

Supeerboy-Prime needs to return.

Final Crisis wasn't hard to read.

Martian Manhunter needs an ongoing.

Superman is an American and always will be.

New 52 Wonder Woman was the best run on the character yet.

Post-Crisis Justice League wasn't bad.

Barry should stay dead.

Kara should be remembered, but also stay dead.

Jason, Kyle, and Donna should part of a Challengers from Beyond miniseries.

Cry for Justice was a good idea. Just poorly executed.

Dick Grayson Batman was more interesting than Nightwing.

Donna Troy should have her Pre-Crisis origin restored.

Green Lantern needs a reboot.

The CW Flash Team should be featured in the comics.

Ollie needs the 70s beard back.

Wally needs to permanently replace Barry.

Legends of Tomorrow needs to be introduced in the comics.

Superman and Supergirl should be on the Arrowverse Earth. As should the DCU streaming service shows.

Aquababy should be brought back into continuity.

Superman should have some powers from Day 1.

There needs to be more diversity between the Robins.

Duke Thomas is a good character.

There should be 2 Wonder Woman books, 2 Flash books, and Multiple Justice League books.

The Justice Foundation needs to be brought back.

Zodiac Master, Mr. Atomic, Dr. Death, and Polka-Dot Man need more love.

Bendis is a good writer.

N52 Wally West should be killed off.

Conner should wear his Pre-FP costume (black t-shirt edition).

The new 52 suit was my favorite for tim drake also, he is the smartest Robin, his suit was imo the 1st step toward a batman beyond type suit.

Superman IS American, and proud of it

I would love to have all the live action DC shows all on the same earth, but God plz don't make any of the non CW shows more like the CW shows.

Superman and all kryptonains should naturally have golden age power levels, their evolution should make this happen not the solar energy they absorb

Barry and Wallace have merit, but not by pushing wally freaking west out

Conner/kon/SB should have a mix of the t-shirt and Jeans with the fingerless gloves and leather jacket, and also have a mix of kryptonain and TTK powersets

Are you referring to this? Where he calls Dick, a traumatized 12 year old retarded?

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Are you referring to this? Where he calls Dick, a traumatized 12 year old retarded?

Yes. Mostly because it was absolutely hilarious. It was out of character for the mainstream character, but I thought that for Frank Miller's Batman, it made sense. Also, it was referenced in Scott Snyder's Justice League, which adds to the enjoyment of this panel.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Barry should have stayed depowered at the end of Flash War and Wally should have taken the role over again full time. I would have been much more interested in seeing Barry serve as a supporting character in a Wally book than I am in reading about him as Flash.

Astonishing Member

Jonn has basically 2 powers, telepathy and total control over his molecular structure.
    But
    In every bio and if you go through his history he has ALL supermans powers, plus telepathy, shape-shifting, invisibility, intangibility, density changing, amd telekinesis, that's a hell of a lot more than superman.
    J'onn doesn't have telekinesis and Invisibility, Intangibility, and density changing are all just his Shapeshifting. Density Changing is what causes the intangibility in the first place. It's like saying Superman has Flight and can also levitate. Well, duh.

He definitely does not have all of Superman's powers. I already listed some for you and there were others I neglected.

So what is the point of her being zeuss kid then? And if her strength is a blessing from another God, like her flight is, than that is ridiculous.
    How is it ridiculous?

Batgod characters trump everything, don't act naive, or troll me.
    You think I'm the one trolling? All you've been doing is moving the goal posts to suit your argument.

Does he really beat black Adam?
    And if he does his powers EITHER must be more powerful somehow, or fueled more by his good heart, or he wins by street smarts somehow.[/QUOTE]

Yes. He has. Multiple times. Have you read anything about Billy? Black Adam isn't even the only adult he's beaten.

Yes. Mostly because it was absolutely hilarious. It was out of character for the mainstream character, but I thought that for Frank Miller's Batman, it made sense. Also, it was referenced in Scott Snyder's Justice League, which adds to the enjoyment of this panel.
    Okay then...
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics