Page 50 of 333 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I've never known this to be the case with Superman. He's always been the hero who doesn't let us down and always comes through, not just blanket the most powerful at everything.
    Trying to say "what Superman is" is a bit complex these days because there have been at least six official answers to that so far. Guess that sort of makes sense, since he began as a Moses/Gladiator/Doc Savage/John Carter of Mars mashup

Superman The Movie is the most important and influential superhero film.

Forgive me for not having read all 49 pages, as this was likely said by others, but in the offchance it wasn't: Scott Snyder is not good at writing comic books. I can't remember the last time I read a Snyder book and thought "that was enjoyable". I can't remember the last time I read a Snyder book and understood what happened. He writes in a style these days with 4 layers of subtext that demands to be reread, but it's so boring I can't bring myself to rereading it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Forgive me for not having read all 49 pages, as this was likely said by others, but in the offchance it wasn't: Scott Snyder is not good at writing comic books. I can't remember the last time I read a Snyder book and thought "that was enjoyable". I can't remember the last time I read a Snyder book and understood what happened. He writes in a style these days with 4 layers of subtext that demands to be reread, but it's so boring I can't bring myself to rereading it.
    This is the controversial opinions thread, not statement of fact thread :P

I agree with your controversial opinion.

Astonishing Member

I've never considered any of Snyder's writing heavy with subtext. Snyder beats you over the dang head with his stories. Lots of overtext I guess.

Amazing Member

I don't enjoy the Dark Knight Returns. Maybe it's the art style but I just don't enjoy it.

I agree with Snyder/Duke about Batman not needing a robin but i would clarify and say he needs what the mantle represents than the mantle itself.

Kon93

"most" of DC's big writers these days are over rated.
    Bendis makes up his own comic logic, and then acts like it's totally normal.
    Synder is just a mess of ideas,thrown together, and barely staying coherent
    King makes every character a emotional mess,and they all need help by a shrink when he writes them

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Snyder tends to catch my attention and then lose me fairly quickly. I liked JL at first and will probably go and catch up on some of the trades when they are out, but reading it in installments got boring. the first Eternal was just ok. Lost interest after the first couple trades of his Batman. Metal was silly.

I'm fine with Bendis on the Super books. I don't care that much if Jon gets de-aged or not. He nails Clark's voice, and is allowing set up for Jimmy and Lois getting their own books. Dude's alright in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Superman The Movie is the most important and influential superhero film.
    This isn't controversial, it's one of my go-tos for rewatching. Just watched it again a couple nights ago.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

My controversial DC opinion: Of Nolan's Batman trilogy, I liked The Dark Knight the least.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    My controversial DC opinion: Of Nolan's Batman trilogy, I liked The Dark Knight the least.
    Dark Knight is ludicrously overhyped

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    "most" of DC's big writers these days are over rated.
    Bendis makes up his own comic logic, and then acts like it's totally normal.
    Synder is just a mess of ideas,thrown together, and barely staying coherent
    King makes every character a emotional mess,and they all need help by a shrink when he writes them
    Excluding the whole mess with Jon, I'll take Bendis's wacky comic logic over the current direction DC is heading in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I've never considered any of Snyder's writing heavy with subtext. Snyder beats you over the dang head with his stories. Lots of overtext I guess.
    That's exactly why I stopped reading JL. There was so much going on, which isn't always a turn off for me but in that book it was. The art was beautiful though.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Are you referring to this? Where he calls Dick, a traumatized 12 year old retarded?

This will never not be funny.