Page 51 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    That's exactly why I stopped reading JL. There was so much going on, which isn't always a turn off for me but in that book it was. The art was beautiful though.
    Snyder is trying way too hard to be epic with JL. He's so focused on having an 'epic and deep run that changes everything' that he's forgotten that a story actually needs competent writing.
    Last edited by king81992; 02-27-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Snyder is trying way too hard to be epis with JL. He's so focused on having an 'epic and deep run that changes everything' that he's forgotten that a story actually needs competent writing.
    That's pretty much my complaint with MOST comic writing now. Every story out there has to 'CHANGE EVERYTHING FOREVER!!!' and there isn't much of a status quo to change anything FROM anymore.. It's just event after event after shocking death and shocking resurrection

As they put it on Supernatural years back... "It's not really jumping the shark if you never come back down..."

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This will never not be funny.
    It's hilarious how bad it is. Serious contender for one of the worst things I have ever read.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

[Post Omitted]
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 09-20-2019 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's hilarious how bad it is. Serious contender for one of the worst things I have ever read.
    I liked it for it's quirkyness. What really killed it for me what Miller putting in the line "Goddamn Batman" in every comic afterwards. It's one thing to write a comic that's "so bad it's good", it's another to piss on your work because you took fan criticism seriously. He should've just ignored the feedback and finished it as planned. I think it would have been looked back upon as an interesting take. What a waste of talent.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    I liked it for it's quirkyness. What really killed it for me what Miller putting in the line "Goddamn Batman" in every comic afterwards. It's one thing to write a comic that's "so bad it's good", it's another to piss on your work because you took fan criticism seriously. He should've just ignored the feedback and finished it as planned. I think it would have been looked back upon as an interesting take. What a waste of talent.
    Miller has a couple good Batman books. (And Daredevil) Other than that he is a terrible writer.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Are you referring to this? Where he calls Dick, a traumatized 12 year old retarded?

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I have a new wallpaper. Thank you Lee for bringing this into my life.

I have a new wallpaper. Thank you Lee for bringing this into my life.

You're very welcome!

Extraordinary Member

I love that!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    My controversial DC opinion: Of Nolan's Batman trilogy, I liked The Dark Knight the least.
    I thought it was good, but not THAT good. Aquaman was very different to it, but a lot more enjoyable and emotionally resonant for me. Maybe I like happy and bright things more.

This isn't controversial, it's one of my go-tos for rewatching. Just watched it again a couple nights ago.
    I've seen people saying how overrated Superman the Movie it is.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-28-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Retired

Hmph. What're you gonna do? It's not that someone has gone and examined said movie and put it under scientific tests to determine a rating and they give you this rating and say all results determine that you will enjoy. They say it's a great movie as a short cut, because it's impossible to communicate what this movie means to them. Especially for adults talking to their kids--because they have a wealth of experience.

So they say, I like this movie and I want you to watch it with me. You might not understand at the time, but the reason your father wanted you to watch that John Ford western with him is because it connected with him and it says somethng about how he feels about the world that he could never put into words, but he hoped if you watched this movie you would begin to understand all the things going on inside him.

When you say it's overrated you're failing to understand the subtext of what the other person means and their motive in wanting you to see the movie. They want you to understand them and have some empathic connection with their experience. You're being a moron to reject that impulse.

The upcoming Supergirl movie just be about Supergirl with no mention of Superman. No Superman cameos. Supergirl is never going to be her own character if she is always shackled to Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I thought it was good, but not THAT good. Aquaman was very different to it, but a lot more enjoyable and emotionally resonant for me. Maybe I like happy and bright things more.

I've seen people saying how overrated Superman the Movie it is.
    The original Superman movie?
    I actually think it's underrated.

This is great, thank you