Page 88 of 334 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 5006

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I don't care how much of an artistic triumph Joker is, turning villains into protagonists without a clear, unambiguous redemption arc, is not good for us.
    Turning a psychotic murderet into a sympathetic anti hero who the world has unjustly ground down seems ridiculously tone deaf considering the state of America atm.

Retired

I haven't seen the movie yet. And when I do, I probably won't discuss it here. A topic with a spoiler warning would be a better place for that.

The Green Lantern movie wasn't that bad.

Justice League was so bad that it should be the new punching bag.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It will never replace BvS in my heart. A heart that is now several degrees colder for having seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    It will never replace BvS in my heart. A heart that is now several degrees colder for having seen it.
    Agreed.

BvS seem to be intentionally terrible. Justice League? It was also terrible, but you could feel it trying to fix earlier problems and it just fell short. Too many problems behind the scenes to overcome... but BvS? there's no excuse for that being SO bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Green Lantern movie wasn't that bad.
    Agreed.

I hated the cgi costumes. Everything else?? It was pretty much what I expected. The plot was pretty much a checklist to introduce the public to Hal Jordan. No matter what else they did... it still would have looked PRETTY similar. (The SHOULD have skipped parallax and just went with Sinestro the renegade Green lantern). But yeah, screwing up a personal life, Getting the ring, meeting the aliens, Training sessions, exposition about the corp, going back to earth. Carol, pilot... it's all pretty boilerplate Green Lantern Origin.

I hated the costume, but I had seen it before going in, so I new what to expect. I enjoyed it for what it was and consider it a mid-tier Superhero movie. Still liked it better than the DCEU except Shazam. Better then some, worse than some... but it's no Catwoman or Steel. No need to keep beating that dead horse. I feel the same about Daredevil. Especially the director's cut. There are parts that arent' great... but over all, I really enjoy that show. It's no Elektra for heaven's sake

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    How is this controversial? JL is widely hated. It's like saying Batman and Robin sucks.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Unlike Marvel, DC should not have a connected universe because their heroes no stylistic or thematic links.

Batman is a dark noir hero.
    Superman is a bright mythic hero.
    Wonder Woman is a classical greek styled hero in the vain of Herakles.
    Green Lantern is a sci-fi Flash Gordan type hero.
    Martian Manhunter is may as well be a John Carter character.
    Flash is a accidental hero similar to Marvel heroes like the Hulk, Daredevil, and all of the rest.
    Aquaman is a fairytale hero archetype, a royal who is torn from the two worlds he is from.

Each character and their family should have their own imprints within DC.

They could have a Justice League title but it should be its own continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Unlike Marvel, DC should not have a connected universe because their heroes no stylistic or thematic links.
    Neither do the Marvel heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, that would be editorials. They generally let any new creative team have their way whenever a new one jumps on. It's hard to get any real sense of her world when you never know what to expect creative team from creative team.
    So then why bring up fans disagreeing about the direction? Hell, stuff like what you mention happening is what causes said disagreements to begin with.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-03-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Mighty Member

Ive accepted that the Wonder Woman I like, the one most fans like, and the one that DC has decided to write are three completely different people and its pointless to wait on any of these to be reconciled.
    I don't like the Batfamily being so big and don't really care that Didio has given them all the short stick though I'm partial to Cassandra Cain.
    I don't get the appeal of Lois Lane

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Flash is a accidental hero similar to Marvel heroes like the Hulk, Daredevil, and all of the rest.
    Aquaman is a fairytale hero archetype, a royal who is torn from the two worlds he is from.

Yeah dude, soldier who gets injected with drugs in the 1940s to become the Ubermensch is totally connected to the Norse god of thunder and a billionaire from the Vietnam era who takes some shrapnel and decided to build himself a suit of armor.

You have a military hero with pulp science
    A mythic hero who controls thunder
    A science fiction hero who befalls an accidental tragedy and builds his power.
    Spider-Man fits your accidental hero assertion as well, though his is radioactive "science" which gives him power.
    Let's not get into the X-Men. I'll stop here because we're not captain Rogers. We don't have all day.

Let's not pretend either universe isn't contrived.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    I don't get the appeal of Lois Lane
    She has, quite possibly, some of the strangest comics ever.

Retired

Just like the cover up is worse than the crime, the reaction is worse than the movie for me--when it comes to SUPERMAN RETURNS, GREEN LANTERN, BATMAN V SUPERMAN, SUICIDE SQUAD, JUSTICE LEAGUE. I got my money's worth from all those movies and left the theatre feeling content. But the reaction to them has been such a negative experience that it overshadows the movies. I can't feel good about them, simply because they've attracted so much bad press and stopped DC from going ahead with movies I was looking forward to seeing, that it's hard to get back that positive feeling I had about them on opening day.

DC characters have great team up movies and shows and it works fine. The Superfriends show in the 70s and JL series in the 00s were loved by most. I don't understand why some fans never want to see these character interact. I think it's awesome when written well and each char shines.

We are not supposed to take it so seriously. It takes the fun out of it. Superheroes aren't real any way.