Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Cass is my favorite Batgirl, but I like Steph as a character better.

I like Steph the best when she and Tim are partners. She always pushes the right buttons with him. At least when written correctly.
    That's a pretty solid position! What are your favorite Steph and Tim partner moments? I love Dixon writing the two of them best, with Tynion a reasonably close second.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's a pretty solid position! What are your favorite Steph and Tim partner moments? I love Dixon writing the two of them best, with Tynion a reasonably close second.
    I always enjoyed their "dates" then went on, just fun superhero stories. Also, when Batman and Robin first found out who she was, Tim as so uncomfortable around her. Some very good "Spider-man" stuff there by Dixon. Tim taking her to lamaze classes later on plays into that too.

She of course stands fine on her own as a character, but they have had real good chemistry as characters together.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I always enjoyed their "dates" then went on, just fun superhero stories. Also, when Batman and Robin first found out who she was, Tim as so uncomfortable around her. Some very good "Spider-man" stuff there by Dixon. Tim taking her to lamaze classes later on plays into that too.

She of course stands fine on her own as a character, but they have had real good chemistry as characters together.
    Agree. The dates had so much banter and chemistry. I wish Dixon had really gotten to write them as a couple after Steph found out Tim's real identity, though. He left so soon after that, and there was so much going on in the title, it got kinda lost.

I agree that she is a great solo character, as well, but I think it would be silly to deny there's so much good in the pairing - as friends or as romantic partners. (This is not to deny immaturity on both sides, but I think there's a lot of real fun there.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Red Hood: The Fan Series EPISODE 2: Damian Wayne... Confirmed by this video creator that the blonde civil girl that appears here is Steph:

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Red Hood: The Fan Series EPISODE 2: Damian Wayne... Confirmed by this video creator that the blonde civil girl that appears here is Steph:

Oooh, how fascinating! Thanks for sharing!

Oooh, how fascinating! Thanks for sharing!
    I had forgotten this serie existence but.. fortunatelly watching another thing I found the link to this chapter.

2018-09-28 17.52.47.jpg

My Spoiler action figure arrived! (I haven't found it at Walmart - I got it off ebay. I'm hoping to buy a second one when I find it at Walmart, since on ebay they're going for $30 plus - but I had to make sure to get at least one!)

2018-09-28 17.52.47.jpg

my spoiler action figure arrived! (i haven't found it at walmart - i got it off ebay. I'm hoping to buy a second one when i find it at walmart, since on ebay they're going for $30 plus - but i had to make sure to get at least one!)
    congratulations.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Interesting. But working for the Black Mask? Now that's just hitting below the belt even if she has to start somewhere.

2018-09-28 17.52.47.jpg

My Spoiler action figure arrived! (I haven't found it at Walmart - I got it off ebay. I'm hoping to buy a second one when I find it at Walmart, since on ebay they're going for $30 plus - but I had to make sure to get at least one!)
    Ooh nice! Very tempted to get one myself

Can we get a closeup or are you planning to keep it packaged?

Definitely cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    Ooh nice! Very tempted to get one myself

Can we get a closeup or are you planning to keep it packaged?
    If I get another one, I'll probably keep that one packaged, but I of course took this one out of the package! I also found the little DC Super Friends Cass Cain Black Bat mini action figure, so now Steph has a friend!

2018-09-29 17.29.27.jpg

More to come!

Also, an amazingly cute commission of Steph as Spoiler by the awesome artist Adam Warren, creator of the Empowered comic series (which you can read here! http://empoweredcomic.com/): https://twitter.com/EmpoweredComic/s...29099473920000

(I'm almost bummed that I didn't go to Baltimore this year, but I'm holding strong! I went to DC con this year...have to keep reminding myself of this...)

Okay, here's some closer pics of my new Steph, and some commentary!

First, the text on the back (which steals the nickname "Violet Vindicator" from Batgirl #50 for our favorite Eggplant Adventurer!)

Then some close ups from the front:

Her articulation is pretty good, but the three-part-staff weapon is useless in terms of poseability. I'm thinking of cutting the chains off, so she has escrima. I do like that her filter mask has the Alvaro Martinez/Jason Fabok cloth feel to it, even if I wish Steph would get herself a domino instead.

Now, some side and back views:

Her cape is plastic, and you have to stretch it backwards a bit if you pose her like I am, crouched and ready for battle. But she looks pretty great!