Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Snyder has never say that he wants to use Stephanie. Snyder want to use Cassandra in a panel of his first number of New 52 Batman. This was not allowed, so he put Harper instead.

To be clear, Snyder doesn't mention he has plans for Cassandra either. He probably just want to show the character (as he shown the Robins). At that moment, they didn't know that Cassandra's origin will be totally reintroduced again.

At the end, it is likely that Snyder prefers to create his own new characters that reintroduce the old ones.
    It is hard to say, since none of the creators will give clear on the record statements about any of it.

I will say that I do not trust "not the right story" when it comes to Lil Gotham or Smallville Season 11, which is why I think Didio hates Steph.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It is hard to say, since none of the creators will give clear on the record statements about any of it.

I will say that I do not trust "not the right story" when it comes to Lil Gotham or Smallville Season 11, which is why I think Didio hates Steph.
    In fact, I also don't trust "not the right story". Although I don't know if Didio hates Stephanie, Didio clearly doesn't care about her (and surely thinks she's irrelevant).

Now, Didio seems to think Tim is really boring. So if a writer has a seemingly profitable idea for the character, he probably doesn't oppose.

I just wouldn't use the case of Snyder and Harper, since I really doubt Snyder plan to use Stephanie at any point.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-13-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In fact, I also don't trust "not the right story". Although I don't know if Didio hates Stephanie, Didio clearly doesn't care about her (and surely thinks she's irrelevant).

Now, Didio seems to think Tim is really boring. So if a writer has a seemingly profitable idea for the character, he probably doesn't oppose.

I just wouldn't use the case of Snyder and Harper, since I really doubt Snyder plan to use Stephanie at any point.
    Well. One has just as much evidence that Snyder likes Cass as him liking Steph, but people who talked to him a lot from the 2011-2013 era tell me he really does like them.

I think the problem at this point is he's too entrenched in this "every story must be world ending" mindset, and Steph and Cass (and most of the Batfamily) don't fit into that kind of story.

Because those stories are really overdone at this point.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Who knows? Both dick and Steph are isolated from everyone they know and love maybe they help each other.

But you just gave an idea about RIC. Dc should go balls to the wall funny bad boy parody with it. Let RIC be Eric cartman .
    I like your avatar..

I hope that YJ donīt dissapoint me with Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I like your avatar..

So say we all.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I like your avatar..

The only way Young Justice has ever disappointed, was when they didn't go more into other characters. It really just depends on who they decide to focus on is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The only way Young Justice has ever disappointed, was when they didn't go more into other characters. It really just depends on who they decide to focus on is all.
    I just want one episode where Steph is one of the main characters...

Steph and Damian, standing by a tree, a-r-g-u-i-n-g!

The way it should be!

Amazing Member

Bryan Miller's Batgirl was too pure and good for this world. New 52 killed a lot of stuff I loved... but losing Steph as batgirl still hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by bishopcruz View Post
    Bryan Miller's Batgirl was too pure and good for this world. New 52 killed a lot of stuff I loved... but losing Steph as batgirl still hurts.
    There's a reason so many of us Steph fans hold on so tightly to the last lines of Batgirl #24: "It's only the end if you want it to be."

We don't want it to be the end.

We want it to be just the middle of the long run of her awesomeness.

Stephenie Brown Batgirl is my favourite comic book of all time.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post
    Yeah, I don't know if it's because it was so short, but the plots were always entertaining without ever getting convoluted.
    My favourite issue was the Valentines Day one where she and Klarion teamed up and he wanted to turn someone into a frog.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post
    It's definitely up there. I think people don't appreciate just how much craft and skill there is, both artistically, and in writing. The way lines are repeated, gaining meaning and context all the way through, is just masterful.

Quote Originally Posted by Newnime View Post
    Yeah, I don't know if it's because it was so short, but the plots were always entertaining without ever getting convoluted.
    My favourite issue was the Valentines Day one where she and Klarion teamed up and he wanted to turn someone into a frog.
    I know it's the shortest Batgirl ongoing run, but I feel like the two years we got were incredibly satisfying. The Valentine's Day issue, the Clayface issue, and the Supergirl issue were all amazing one-shots.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It's definitely up there. I think people don't appreciate just how much craft and skill there is, both artistically, and in writing. The way lines are repeated, gaining meaning and context all the way through, is just masterful. I know it's the shortest Batgirl ongoing run, but I feel like the two years we got were incredibly satisfying. The Valentine's Day issue, the Clayface issue, and the Supergirl issue were all amazing one-shots.
    Those one-issue stories were awesome. The art of telling a complete story in one issue seems to be mostly lost at this point where it once was the norm. And when you say the storytelling was satisfying that is exactly right. Over the years the idea that storytelling should have a satisfying resolution has mostly been jettisoned in favor of edgy coolness and faux realism. I'll take a little idealism in my superhero comics any day. Steph Batgirl had that in purple spades.