Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    It won't matter if she's spoiler, batgirl or robin. The name is not the problem its that Steph doesn't have a nice and home.

Steph being batgirl III/ robin vi doesn't help her in the long run because the mantle will be more important than Steph and it will only be a matter of time before a new kid comes in.

Steph just needs a role to fill in the mythos.
    At the moment, a role as Spoiler in the mythos will probably be forgotten pretty fast. Stephanie will end up in the limbo again, because writers tend to like characters with more important identities or their own creations.

A popular identity as Robin or Batgirl would be useful for her, because it will this will attract the attention of more writers and more readers.

Her time as Batgirl help her, because it makes her more popular. If Stephanie wouldn't have this mantle, it is likely that there were not so many fans asking for her return after Flashpoint and she might not have come back.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

What role would you give her?
    I'll wait for YJ.Outsiders but I have an idea of her status quo in it.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    At the moment, a role as Spoiler in the mythos will probably be forgotten pretty fast. Stephanie will end up in the limbo again, because writers tend to like characters with more important identities or their own creations.

A popular identity as Robin or Batgirl would be useful for her, because it will this will attract the attention of more writers and more readers.

Her time as Batgirl help her, because it makes her more popular. If Stephanie wouldn't have this mantle, it is likely that there were not so many fans asking for her return after Flashpoint and she might not have come back.
    Agreed. Especially if Fabian Nicieza had written her the same way that he wrote her in Robin. BQM was a Godsend to Steph fans (and comics in general. Totally serious - that series is amazing.)

I'll wait for YJ.Outsiders but I have an idea of her status quo in it.
    Is that "Dick's apprentice"? Cause I don't think that would help her right now...Ric's not interested in an apprentice...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Who knows? Both dick and Steph are isolated from everyone they know and love maybe they help each other.

But you just gave an idea about RIC. Dc should go balls to the wall funny bad boy parody with it. Let RIC be Eric cartman .
    Last edited by WonderNight; 10-12-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Who knows? Both dick and Steph are isolated from everyone they know and love maybe they help each other.

But you just gave an idea about RIC. Dc should go balls to the wall funny bad boy parody with it. Let RIC be Eric cartman .
    I hope so!

I really wish DC would go crazy with something. Right now, the only title I know that's going crazy is Deathstroke, and it's great.

Of course, I'd love them to go crazy with a Steph series. Or heck, even an appearance.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Amazing Member

There was that rumour floating around that she was going to make an appearance in rhato, but I think that's a little far fetched. Maybe she'll get some mentions in Bendi's young justice or Outsiders.
    Where would be the best place for her to actually show up again?

Quote Originally Posted by Newnime View Post
    There was that rumour floating around that she was going to make an appearance in rhato, but I think that's a little far fetched. Maybe she'll get some mentions in Bendi's young justice or Outsiders.
    Where would be the best place for her to actually show up again?
    That probably depends on your feelings about Steph, Cass, and Tim. I personally think both is a good answer. I have no idea where she would get the "best" guest appearances (Best meaning "most to do").

Astonishing Member

That probably depends on your feelings about Steph, Cass, and Tim. I personally think both is a good answer. I have no idea where she would get the "best" guest appearances (Best meaning "most to do").
    I would say that both comics are very crowded and need to develop properly before accepting guests.

I guess Stephanie could do more on Outsiders, since this is a group with more "normal" humans. Ironically, Stephanie (a normal human) will feel more redundant in Young Justice, where most of the group has powers.

However, I still hope the solicitudes for February announce a comic when Stephanie is a permanent member.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-13-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I would say that both comics are very crowded and need to develop properly before accepting guests.

I guess Stephanie could do more on Outsaiders, since this a group with more "normal" humans. Ironically, she will feel more redundant in Young Justice, where most of the group has powers.

However, I still hope the solicitudes for February announce a comic when Stephanie is a permanent member.
    Objectively, you're right.

Subjectively, Steph should be in ALL THE BOOKS.

I think DC hates Steph and Steph fans too much to make a good decision like putting Steph on a team.

Amazing Member

I don't think it's so much that they hate her, but like someone said earlier there's just no one that LOVES her enough. Writers are going to focus on their OCs and favs regardless of what fans really want.
    It sucks because Steph just needs one strong story in new continuity and all the strong writers want other characters.

. . . I'm still trying to get the idea of the League of Batgirls/Batgirl Inc going...

Quote Originally Posted by Newnime View Post
    I don't think it's so much that they hate her, but like someone said earlier there's just no one that LOVES her enough. Writers are going to focus on their OCs and favs regardless of what fans really want.
    It sucks because Steph just needs one strong story in new continuity and all the strong writers want other characters.
    I think Didio does still hate her. He might say he doesn't, but his actions give the lie to his words. If he's just waiting for "the right story" why not let Snyder use her instead of Harper?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I (unsurprisingly) have this issue. And I'd be up for Bette joining Babs, Steph, and Cass!

I think Didio does still hate her. He might say he doesn't, but his actions give the lie to his words. If he's just waiting for "the right story" why not let Snyder use her instead of Harper?
    Did Snyder want to use her instead of Harper? Besides, considering the character Snyder created in Harper, and how Snyder tried to shove Harper into the spotlight, it's maybe best Steph wasn't used instead. (I'm still less than thrilled with Snyder's Duke/The Signal. I much preferred Duke in We Are Robin.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did Snyder want to use her instead of Harper? Besides, considering the character Snyder created in Harper, and how Snyder tried to shove Harper into the spotlight, it's maybe best Steph wasn't used instead. (I'm still less than thrilled with Snyder's Duke/The Signal. I much preferred Duke in We Are Robin.)
    At this point, I think it's uproveable. I asked Tynion about it point blank, and he denies it, but it still seems really suspicious.

Signal is frustrating in that I feel like no one is willing to explain his powers or give him a good story (I'm desperately hoping that Outsiders is a place where he can finally shine). Duke was my least favorite character in We Are Robin, but I did prefer him there to the Batman and the Signal miniseries.

Astonishing Member

Snyder has never say that he wants to use Stephanie. Snyder want to use Cassandra in a panel of his first number of New 52 Batman. This was not allowed, so he put Harper instead.

To be clear, Snyder doesn't mention he has plans for Cassandra either. He probably just want to show the character (as he shown the Robins). At that moment, they didn't know that Cassandra's origin will be totally reintroduced again.

At the end, it is likely that Snyder prefers to create his own new characters that reintroduce the old ones.