Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newnime View Post
    Thanks. I've read most of the Hinn Raven stories already but I'm glad to be reminded of them and the others look really good too. I wish it were easier to find good Steph fics like these.
    Too true. I also wish there was more fic about her current status quo, but since clearly fandom is split about that (and not terribly energized about it), while fandom is fairly united in missing her as Batgirl, it makes sense.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Another Stephanie Brown one I've come across, once again pairing her off with Jason, takes place when Jason is tossed into Arkham and inexplicably has red hair (commented on throughout). Tell Me a Story by Shauds02. Slow burn, and the two at least become friends before romance starts up. Steph is her bubbly Batgirl self, and Jason his pre-Flashpoint antagonistic self as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Another Stephanie Brown one I've come across, once again pairing her off with Jason, takes place when Jason is tossed into Arkham and inexplicably has red hair (commented on throughout). Tell Me a Story by Shauds02. Slow burn, and the two at least become friends before romance starts up. Steph is her bubbly Batgirl self, and Jason his pre-Flashpoint antagonistic self as well.
    I think the red hair thing is from his pre-Crisis appearance? Shauds really, really loves Jason/Steph, and writes a ton of fun stories with that pairing. They also do a lot of fun fanart on tumblr.

https://shauds02.tumblr.com/post/178...n-all-it-would
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think the red hair thing is from his pre-Crisis appearance? Shauds really, really loves Jason/Steph, and writes a ton of fun stories with that pairing. They also do a lot of fun fanart on tumblr.

https://shauds02.tumblr.com/post/178...n-all-it-would
    Yeah, I meant Shauds took the inspiration from the comics with the red hair. Because all previous versions, and after, distinctly have Jason as NOT being a redhead. Usually with black hair, and originally with blonde in his first appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, I meant Shauds took the inspiration from the comics with the red hair. Because all previous versions, and after, distinctly have Jason as NOT being a redhead. Usually with black hair, and originally with blonde in his first appearance.
    I heard that Morrison had a comic where Jason dyed his hair? Eh. I'm just glad that Steph's hair has always been blonde.

Except that one time when it was red/brown. https://stephaniebrown.wikia.com/wik...hronicles_(22)

Fun fact - I did find this comic in a used book store, and it is indeed really weird to see Steph with brown/red hair!

Astonishing Member

I heard that Morrison had a comic where Jason dyed his hair? Eh. I'm just glad that Steph's hair has always been blonde.

Except that one time when it was red/brown. https://stephaniebrown.wikia.com/wik...hronicles_(22)

Fun fact - I did find this comic in a used book store, and it is indeed really weird to see Steph with brown/red hair!
    Morrison made that Jason was a redhead. Also, in the story, Bruce makes that Jason dry his hair of black (implying that Bruce was looking a replace for Dick).

I see Stephanie as a blonde in tgat comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Morrison made that Jason was a redhead. Also, in the story, Bruce makes that Jason dry his hair of black (implying that Bruce was looking a replace for Dick).

I see Stephanie as a blonde in tgat comic.
    That's so weird of Morrison. I would have thought his Bruce was less of a jerk. Ah, well.

Yes...but if you read the notes in the entry, she's blonde because my predecessor on the Steph wikia re-colored it digitally. The original pages show her as much darker haired.

Amazing Member

That's so weird of Morrison. I would have thought his Bruce was less of a jerk. Ah, well.

Yes...but if you read the notes in the entry, she's blonde because my predecessor on the Steph wikia re-colored it digitally. The original pages show her as much darker haired.
    Almost all of Morrison's Batfam are their worst versions, his Bruce is a narcissist who abused his kids. Catwoman is Dicks mom figure and love interest. He's the one that made Damians mom psyco coco puffs. The only ones he was really good to were Dick and Damian and not even then sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Babs, Cass, and Steph: Brains, brawn, and heart.
    hmmm... I think that this reminds me Cass opinion about Tim, Jason and Dick in Batman&Robin Eternal..

Almost all of Morrison's Batfam are their worst versions, his Bruce is a narcissist who abused his kids. Catwoman is Dicks mom figure and love interest. He's the one that made Damians mom psyco coco puffs. The only ones he was really good to were Dick and Damian and not even then sometimes.
    Interesting. I do think Morrison's Talia is horrible (and stupid), but I thought his Bruce was supposed to be cool and Zen or something?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    hmmm... I think that this reminds me Cass opinion about Tim, Jason and Dick in Batman&Robin Eternal..
    I thought the same thing. But I liked Batman and Robin Eternal, so I liked the similarity.

Amazing Member

The brains, brawn, heart thing is giving me flashbacks to powerpuff girls and I just had a thought. How cool would a fun episodic show like that starring the batgirls be?

The brains, brawn, heart thing is giving me flashbacks to powerpuff girls and I just had a thought. How cool would a fun episodic show like that starring the batgirls be?
    300% fun! (100 per Batgirl!) (400% if we include Bette!)

Amazing Member

If it were a meta thing Bette could be kind of like their Princess Morbucks, but without the villain angle. She's a rich girl who wants to be Bat-Girl and competes to be better than the other girls, cause she was first damnit. They won't let her join the team because she won't take the hyphen out of her name.

If it were a meta thing Bette could be kind of like their Princess Morbucks, but without the villain angle. She's a rich girl who wants to be Bat-Girl and competes to be better than the other girls, cause she was first damnit. They won't let her join the team because she won't take the hyphen out of her name.
    Hahaha, that's hilarious. Dunno why poor Bette won't take out the hyphen, though!

Amazing Member

Because Bette was first, the others should all put hyphens in their names. But the Batgirls already did all their branding and they don't want to go through that again. Branding's important. Besides they didn't know Bette existed before they started up.