Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Maybe(he put in his old Bruce&Selina issue) we will see her again in Batman King run:

NYCC 2018: DC's TOM KING Spotlight

The next question is about whether or not we'll see more of Damian, Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown.

"The family is trying to help Bruce with his trauma while Bane is trying to have Bruce lean into his trauma so that will be the story for the next few issues." - King

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Maybe(he put in his old Bruce&Selina issue) we will see her again in Batman King run:

The next question is about whether or not we'll see more of Damian, Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown.

"The family is trying to help Bruce with his trauma while Bane is trying to have Bruce lean into his trauma so that will be the story for the next few issues." - King
    I hope so, but since King said he wouldn't be using her a few weeks ago, I wpuld be very surprised. It would be a good surprise, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

I don’t think that involves Stephanie. King said on Batman Day last months that he has no immediate plans to use her.

Given who King has talked about recently, my guess is that he will mainly use Barbara, Jason, and Duke. Maybe Damian. And while King has avoided using him entirely in his run so far, I’d like to think that if Tim returns to Robin it will at least be touched upon in the Batbooks.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 10-06-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm a bit confused - Steph's been 17 since 2014, though.
    what I meet was tim looks like he's 14/15, I what Stephanie to be 18/19 and hope they don't de age her.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    what I meet was tim looks like he's 14/15, I what Stephanie to be 18/19 and hope they don't de age her.
    How old Tim "looks" probably depends on the artist.
    And if he was talking about college enrollment/acceptance, he's probably closer to 17/18.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And if he was talking about college enrollment/acceptance, he's probably closer to 17/18.
    The thing is that Bendis could retcon some things (like the age of Tim), so this could affect Stephanie too.

It's true that the looks depends on the artist, but it seems they are trying to go for a younger version of Tim (although in continuity). It seems Tim will be Robin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I don’t think that involves Stephanie. King said on Batman Day last months that he has no immediate plans to use her.

Given who King has talked about recently, my guess is that he will mainly use Barbara, Jason, and Duke. Maybe Damian. And while King has avoided using him entirely in his run so far, I’d like to think that if Tim returns to Robin it will at least be touched upon in the Batbooks.
    Yep, I am referencing the same King tweet. (Side note: I know King is just trying to be funny and light, but I really wish he wouldn't joke about the death of any character. People love these characters, and more importantly, people buy books for these characters, so making fun of people who are giving you money to do your job is more than a little unkind.)

I have no clue who King will use. He's touched almost everyone but Cass, at this point - Dick in Grayson and frequently in his Batman run, Jason in I Am Bane and Grayson, Tim in I Am Bane (referencing his death) and Grayson, Steph in the Annual (yes, I know it was just one panel, but it was important to me! And I told him so at a con this year!), Damian in Grayson (really beautifully) and Rules of Engagement, Duke in I Am Gotham and I Am Bane. Oh, and Babs was in the Annual and Grayson. Babs seems the least likely, to me at least. Well, all of the Batgirls.

Anyway, that was a long way to say that I think King could reference Tim, but unfortunately, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Tim's 16 (Tynion's first arc, Rise of the Batmen, explicitly references it) - which is the same age he's been since at least Batman and Robin Eternal, probably since the beginning of the n52 (which is so frustrating, since Damian went from 10 to 13). Steph was 17 in Batman Eternal, and since Tim hasn't changed since then, I really doubt Steph has. I definitely don't want them to de-age her...though if they make Tim 14-15, I kind of would want her to stay close to him, though still a year older.

No, he was still 16 when he got his college acceptance in the same arc, Rise of the Batmen. Since he's a genius now, Tynion probably just had him finish early or something. It's not like we actually got any sense of Tim's school history in the n52 after his weirdly changed origin. Like, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is that Bendis could retcon some things (like the age of Tim), so this could affect Stephanie too.

It's true that the looks depends on the artist, but it seems they are trying to go for a younger version of Tim (although in continuity). It seems Tim will be Robin again.
    Yes, Bendis could deage Tim. I hope not, but...Bendis has been known to do things that are reckless and with massive consequences like that before.

Gleason tends to go for a younger look for most of his pre-adult characters, I think, based on how he drew most of the Robins, Carrie Kelley, and Maya for the past 7 years.

I personally wonder if Doomsday Clock will have something to do with Tim being Robin again, based on his costume being on the cover of #9, I believe. Which comes out around the same time that YJ is supposed to be launching...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Doomsday Clock happens in the future where Batman is rejected by Gotham, so I think that's actually set after the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Doomsday Clock happens in the future where Batman is rejected by Gotham, so I think that's actually set after the change.
    Well, since Manhattan is involved, I am not at all sure about the timeline.

Amazing Member

I think doomsday clock is supposed to be about a year from current comics.
    Hi there everyone, just found this thread and I'm so exited to find one that's just for Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by Newnime View Post
    Hi there everyone, just found this thread and I'm so exited to find one that's just for Steph.
    Yes, Doomsday Clock starts a year in the "future" - but it's about Manhattan, who is simultaneously in ALL times, and can affect all of them. So I think it's very likely to have backwards effects.

Welcome!!! We always love to have new Steph appreciators!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yep, I am referencing the same King tweet. (Side note: I know King is just trying to be funny and light, but I really wish he wouldn't joke about the death of any character. People love these characters, and more importantly, people buy books for these characters, so making fun of people who are giving you money to do your job is more than a little unkind.)

I have no clue who King will use. He's touched almost everyone but Cass, at this point - Dick in Grayson and frequently in his Batman run, Jason in I Am Bane and Grayson, Tim in I Am Bane (referencing his death) and Grayson, Steph in the Annual (yes, I know it was just one panel, but it was important to me! And I told him so at a con this year!), Damian in Grayson (really beautifully) and Rules of Engagement, Duke in I Am Gotham and I Am Bane. Oh, and Babs was in the Annual and Grayson. Babs seems the least likely, to me at least. Well, all of the Batgirls.

Anyway, that was a long way to say that I think King could reference Tim, but unfortunately, I doubt it.
    Are you talking about him saying that dead Robins are trite or about Heroes in Crisis?

Anyway, King has said on Twitter that he has a Jason story coming up. Given the involvement of Penguin and his recent appearance in Red Hood, my guess is that he’ll appear in the next arc. He also said that he was glad to be writing Barbara again, so unless she’s popping up in Heroes in Crisis, which I doubt, then she’ll definitely be in Batman. King said that he has backed off his plan of making Duke Batman somewhat, but I can’t imagine that he’ll dump the character entirely given his significant trade in the first arc regarding Gotham Girl. I’m sure that both of them will show up soon. With King talking about pitching to make Tim autistic, I’m almost certain that he will appear in Heroes in Crisis. That may be where they set up his return to Robin. But, King also has the opportunity to do that in the pages of Batman. If the Batfamily is trying to comfort Bruce and Damian is currently rebelling against Bruce with his Teen Titans, I could see Tim pulling another “Batman needs a Robin” card.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Newnime View Post
    Even though it's going to take probably more than a year-and-a-half (November 2017 - +/-July 2019?) before all 12 issues are published.

All-New Member

Oh yeah, who can forget preteen Tim from the Heart of Hush? I like Dustin Nguyen's work, including his issues on Batgirl, but man that was just distracting!

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Are you talking about him saying that dead Robins are trite or about Heroes in Crisis?

Anyway, King has said on Twitter that he has a Jason story coming up. Given the involvement of Penguin and his recent appearance in Red Hood, my guess is that he’ll appear in the next arc. He also said that he was glad to be writing Barbara again, so unless she’s popping up in Heroes in Crisis, which I doubt, then she’ll definitely be in Batman. King said that he has backed off his plan of making Duke Batman somewhat, but I can’t imagine that he’ll dump the character entirely given his significant trade in the first arc regarding Gotham Girl. I’m sure that both of them will show up soon. With King talking about pitching to make Tim autistic, I’m almost certain that he will appear in Heroes in Crisis. That may be where they set up his return to Robin. But, King also has the opportunity to do that in the pages of Batman. If the Batfamily is trying to comfort Bruce and Damian is currently rebelling against Bruce with his Teen Titans, I could see Tim pulling another “Batman needs a Robin” card.
    Both comments, actually. I don't think they're very funny.

I didn't see the Jason thing - but I wish that didn't mean that King's ignoring what's happening in the Red Hood book...or maybe it will be outside of Gotham, which would be okay.

I forgot about the Babs thing - that's very true. I don't really find what King's done with Babs very memorable yet, even in Grayson #12, so hopefully it'll be a bit more distinctive. (Still think Bruce, Steph, and Cass could be a good thing...)

I read King's comments about Tim completely differently - he talked about spreading the rumor that Tim would die so that it wouldn't happen, and that indicates to me that he doesn't really have plans for Tim right now. But it wasn't definitive.

Even though it's going to take probably more than a year-and-a-half (November 2017 - +/-July 2019?) before all 12 issues are published.
    You'll get no disagreement from me about the idiocy of delaying Doomsday Clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannom View Post
    Oh yeah, who can forget preteen Tim from the Heart of Hush? I like Dustin Nguyen's work, including his issues on Batgirl, but man that was just distracting!
    Hmm. I guess I have to go back and see Tim again - I mostly remember Batman and Catwoman from there.