Page 601 of 2452 FirstFirst ... 10150155159159759859960060160260360460561165170111011601 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 36773

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Sometimes I hate when manga do extra chapters.

Wow, I just found out about what's been going on with the Ooblet developers over the Epic Games exclusivity and it truly disgusts me to be part of the video game community at times. These developers have literally received nothing but thousands of death threats and racist remarks since this announcement at the beginning of the month, and I'm mortified over just how grossly entitled and hateful you have to be justify such depraved behavior.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    In the latest Daredevil issue :

spoilers:
    Matt begins to get back in the game, though he still has some work to do before he becomes the DD we know and love again.

Also, somewhere out there, Bullseye's "Daredevil has a new love interest"-sense is tingling
    end of spoilers
    It really looks like they're trying to tone Matt down to the Netflix level of DD in the comics (complete with the basic black costume). Although in this issue he showcases his comic book pressure point skill, so there's that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I cannot believe the 'video games linked to violent crime' thing is coming around again, clearly as a talking point and nothing more. I remember that crap from WAAAAAY back in the 80's. Utter tripe. There's some POTENTIAL argument about desensitization, but we have that in our entertainment everywhere.

And...

Video games gun violence.jpg
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I cannot believe the 'video games linked to violent crime' thing is coming around again, clearly as a talking point and nothing more. I remember that crap from WAAAAAY back in the 80's. Utter tripe. There's some POTENTIAL argument about desensitization, but we have that in our entertainment everywhere.

And...

Video games gun violence.jpg
    They're just scapegoating Video Games so they can ignore the White Supremacy

This looks like a job for Aquabro!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Earlier today I received a paternity suit from a woman I don’t know that lives in a state that I’ve never been to.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Earlier today I received a paternity suit from a woman I don’t know that lives in a state that I’ve never been to.
    Tch. You know what you did.

<_<

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Most impressive.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Blame it on your Alternate Universe Evil Twin.

Well, this should be easy to clear up.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Hey Chtulhu, anted to ask this in the Penance Stare thread involving Odin, but I didn't want to derail that further than it already had been. But do you think Jason Aaron has stopped screaming in near-orgasmic joy about Jane FosThor coming to the MCU with Thor: Love and Thunder? Or has he stopped and is begging to help make the movie so he can make sure they write her "properly" (make her an obvious sue better than everyone else, especially those chauvanistic pig men).
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It really looks like they're trying to tone Matt down to the Netflix level of DD in the comics (complete with the basic black costume). Although in this issue he showcases his comic book pressure point skill, so there's that.

Yes, that was nice to see. And yes, it looks like it, though I don't think it will last past Matt getting back in the actual Daredevil suit, status quo being God and all that.

Meh, she spontaneously fell pregnant after hearing about you, happened to a guy named Chuck Norris, I think . Seriously though, good luck.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So I binged read a manga called Hareluya II Boy...And damn, things get pretty insane near the end.

I mean what with the protagonist going from beating up street thugs who beat up his friend to later fighting a kung fu chef that uses his bare fingers as knives who ripped the entire jaw of a great white shark prior to their battle...Oh and it's to save a baby who was gonna get his blood drained so the chef can use it for his client's dish for immortality.

...What in the hell?