Page 951 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 4518519019419479489499509519529539549559611001105114511951 ... LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,265 of 36875

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Must be. No, I've heard from people that Legends is the best one to get into, because it's so off-the-wall and entertaining, but I've never been able to get into it.
    Have you tried skipping the first season? It usually helps

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Mashle continues to be a hilariously awesome manga. I love it.
    Big early One Punchman energy to it but even more deadpan.

It's a lot of fun.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and batwoman is............well there are enough youtube reviews to let you know of the ........ahem....."quality" of that show.
    I loved Kate as Batwoman, right from her introduction during "Elseworlds" (which I thought was a pretty weak story, ultimately. The highlight was absolutely the middle third, where they introduced Gotham City and Kate. I loved her, from that point. Not in that way, obviously, we'd both we pretty disappointed there, but you get where I'm going), and for the first few episodes of her show? She didn't disappoint me, like, at all. Yes, a Batman live-action show would've been nice, but I grew up with BTAS and a bunch of Batman movies and then another bunch of Batman movies and then another bunch of Batman movies and our new word of the day is "over-exposed". I was perfectly content for them to come to Gotham and deal with the Bat-mythos (a dark, badass, bat-character running around Gotham kicking people in the head and fighting crazed villains with sneakiness and gadgets) from a completely new angle. That worked, for me, and it worked well.

It was the side-plots that turned me off the show. The story of her dead/not-dead/psychotic sister just dragged everything down, the story of her ex getting married was dull (I just didn't care about either of them) and the back-story of her step-mother was terribly-handled (it's like they wanted to use the "evil step-mother" cliche, but got halfway into it and then changed their minds about it, so they used the trope without really committing to it, and it didn't work for me at all). That's the stuff that turned me off. But Kate and Luke fighting crime? That was badass. That element was thumbs-up from me.

Besides, I've spent a lot of the last two months watching completely insane people compliment each other in YouTube and Facebook comment threads (didn't you hear? Bill Gates just smothered your dog because of 5G vaccines that make you gay, or something, for the Illuminati's plan to take over the world and block out the sun, or something), so, I tend to avoid those on general principle, these days. I recommend others doing the same.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I'm surprised he could. He doesn't look like much of a fighter, and Houndooms are scrappy ol' dogs that breath fire.

Or something about Interceptor killing giant gundam-esque mechs. Dealer's choice.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Sometimes you have to admit when you get got.

And boy did Digimon get me with this trailer.

Very much looking forward to this.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So with MunchKing and Jcogginsa, we watched this fantasy match and I learn some things

1. Never underestimate Glass Joe

2. 2K earns my wrath as apparently they have copyright issues making streams on either YouTube or Twitch with music so it's automatically off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Wow, That is something to look forward to.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Damn this takes me back to the good ol days. Definitely keeping an eye out for this.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Pretty sure this is already out, at least in subbed form

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    I loved Kate as Batwoman, right from her introduction during "Elseworlds" (which I thought was a pretty weak story, ultimately. The highlight was absolutely the middle third, where they introduced Gotham City and Kate. I loved her, from that point. Not in that way, obviously, we'd both we pretty disappointed there, but you get where I'm going), and for the first few episodes of her show? She didn't disappoint me, like, at all. Yes, a Batman live-action show would've been nice, but I grew up with BTAS and a bunch of Batman movies and then another bunch of Batman movies and then another bunch of Batman movies and our new word of the day is "over-exposed". I was perfectly content for them to come to Gotham and deal with the Bat-mythos (a dark, badass, bat-character running around Gotham kicking people in the head and fighting crazed villains with sneakiness and gadgets) from a completely new angle. That worked, for me, and it worked well.

It was the side-plots that turned me off the show. The story of her dead/not-dead/psychotic sister just dragged everything down, the story of her ex getting married was dull (I just didn't care about either of them) and the back-story of her step-mother was terribly-handled (it's like they wanted to use the "evil step-mother" cliche, but got halfway into it and then changed their minds about it, so they used the trope without really committing to it, and it didn't work for me at all). That's the stuff that turned me off. But Kate and Luke fighting crime? That was badass. That element was thumbs-up from me.

Besides, I've spent a lot of the last two months watching completely insane people compliment each other in YouTube and Facebook comment threads (didn't you hear? Bill Gates just smothered your dog because of 5G vaccines that make you gay, or something, for the Illuminati's plan to take over the world and block out the sun, or something), so, I tend to avoid those on general principle, these days. I recommend others doing the same.
    i tried to give kate a chance but she is just utterly unlikable in this show. i mean, i really gave her a chance but every episode, she was doing either something totally selfish or completely stupid. not to mention, the horrible character assassination of batman to make him either totally uncaring or a absolute moron when it comes to his secrets.

as for YouTubers, i tend to avoid those people too. i was referring to people who's opinion on general nerd stuff i respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Pretty sure this is already out, at least in subbed form
    Yeah, that trailer dropped in December and I'm fairly sure the film is out.

Something to while a the time on lockdown though.

Well, since the episode vanished from Youtube, here's a link to the Death Battle episode "Danny Phantom vs. Jake Long" on Roosterteeth.

spoilers:
    Danny Phantom wins, and next time is She-Ra vs. Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Fantastic Member

Elena Doubleca5t looks at Sailor Moon shipping: