The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I liked the impact of the true face of the universe myself.

Boiling eyeballs? I'm good with that.
    Understood. And I would have been good with that in a different circumstance.

For me, it's the whole spoilers:
    'There is no point to anything because it's all predetermined' being so absolutely horrifying
    end of spoilers which isn't at all hitting for me.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Want to get to the end of the Macht storyline before I do a Frieren thread - I figure Macht is the top-level thing we've seen so far, and I want to see how Frieren stacks up against him.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Understood. And I would have been good with that in a different circumstance.

For me, it's the whole spoilers:
    'There is no point to anything because it's all predetermined' being so absolutely horrifying
    end of spoilers which isn't at all hitting for me.
    I'm still waiting to see where it goes with the point.

Also Allison's reaction is more rooted in spoilers:
    Cio (and maybe White Chain) being dead because of her choice to stay and fight and those feelings colliding with the revelation that all that pain, struggle and hardship was in service of her losing and /she was always going to lose the fight and Cio/ because the future is predetermined.

No matter how much she was styled as or thought of her existence as a defiance of destiny and her being someone outside the system, she's still just as trapped by fate as the other demiurges.
    end of spoilers

That's a bitter pill to swallow and she's freaking out. I also think reading this week by week doesn't help it land.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm still waiting to see where it goes with the point.

Also Allison's reaction is more rooted in spoilers:
    Cio (and maybe White Chain) being dead because of her choice to stay and fight and those feelings colliding with the revelation that all that pain, struggle and hardship was in service of her losing and /she was always going to lose the fight and Cio/ because the future is predetermined.

No matter how much she was styled as or thought of her existence as a defiance of destiny and her being someone outside the system, she's still just as trapped by fate as the other demiurges.
    end of spoilers

That's a bitter pill to swallow and she's freaking out. I also think reading this week by week doesn't help it land.
    I can see what you're getting at. It's just not really impacting for me (mileage, of course, may vary). spoilers:
    It has become too abstract, lacking in personal oomph. Sure, there's Cio, but that feels to me like it has become somewhat of a side point on the journey of 'let's look at eternity' and 'there is no purpose, no freedom'.
    end of spoilers

Again, all of this is for me. If it's good for you, great!

i'm 100% sure I will enjoy the series again, and there'll be awesome stuff. Like I said, this is sticking out for me because it is totally NOT the norm for me and this series - first time, really. And I'm curious to see where it's going with this particular part, and if it's somewhere I can appreciate.

Not planning on stopping or anything.
    Why are we here?

Looool
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Shocker.

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Fairy Tail: 100 Year Quest: That's quite the surprise character to bring back into the story. Especially since they were... you know... dead.

An alchemist probably did it.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Judo Gene Lebell

Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest: Well...let's hope third time's the charm and he gets to properly show off his abilities. Though, his re-appearance makes me question if the version of him that spoilers:
    Acnologia
    end of spoilers killed off may have been a homunculus copy. On another note, it really seems as though END is truly going to play a role in this series, given how many times the Dragon Gods have brought him up when discussing/conversing with Natsu.

Guyver: I'm glad to see Guyver is finally updating again, but wow, is this war getting messy. Sho is considering an alliance with Chronos against Apollon since he is both the bigger Bad at the moment *and* kidnapped Tetsuro and Mizuki. Plus, he's begrudgingly acknowledging some of the potential benefits of keeping Chronos around for the sake of humanity. Apollon himself is an intriguing mystery since his purpose for said-kidnapping seems to be benign, given that he sent the Segawa siblings 65 million years back in time to befriend a prehistoric Archanfel.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-10-2022 at 05:51 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

SPLATOON 3 IS BACK!! ALMOST LAUNCH TIME!!

spoilers:
    In honor of the new announced 3-Way Splatfests, I went back and looked over my Splatfest Records for Splatoon 2. Apparently I had about 40% pick of the winning side overall. I can only imagine how that number will plummet in 3-ways.
    end of spoilers
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Guyver: I'm glad to see Guyver is finally updating again, but wow, is this war getting messy. Sho is considering an alliance with Chronos against Apollon since he is both the bigger Bad at the moment *and* kidnapped Tetsuro and Mizuki. Plus, he's begrudgingly acknowledging some of the potential benefits of keeping Chronos around for the sake of humanity. Apollon himself is an intriguing mystery since his purpose for said-kidnapping seems to be benign, given that he sent the Segawa siblings 65 million years back in time to befriend a prehistoric Archanfel.
    Ohhh boy The Doctor is going to have a heck of a time sorting this out!

But it's nice to see Guyver finally updating again.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Ohhh boy The Doctor is going to have a heck of a time sorting this out!

But it's nice to see Guyver finally updating again.
    The coolest thing yet is that Aptom can actually fuse with Guyvers, as demonstrated with Sho. Said fused form looks awesome.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!