nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Wrestler buffs have something to chew on with the Iron Claw Movie coming out in December.
    been seeing trailers for it. looks good. just hope it does the von erichs justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    The original Thief trilogy isn't really horror, but it's a classic stealth series, and has some real atmosphere to it. There's some magic and monsters, but nary a staged jump scare. Thief 3 in particular, has one of the spookiest levels. Sure, the levels aren't as robust, level-wise, as the first two, but the story is solid, and ties things up nicely. Thief 1 is admittedly kinda rough going back to, but Thief 2 is probably the best for level design.
    I'll check it out, thanks. Think my problem is that just listing a best of horror list and treating it the same as a best for Halloween list is that it seems lazy. Sure, Halloween is linked with horror, but you can play horror year round. Halloween needs more thought put into it. Maybe it's set during Halloween, maybe it makes use of Halloween imagery, or at least use classic monsters like ghosts and vampires and werewolves and witches instead of any monster or whatever. I don't know, but most lists feel so uninspired for the holiday you know?

Last week I bought some cheap Castlevania-styled Dracula games and a Halloween Flappy Bird clone with a bat instead of a bird. Got some other games I bought earlier in the year. Shame I don't blog or post videos, I could probably make a more Halloweenie game list than most.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    editted for reasons.
    Read, I'm sorry you're going through such rough times. If you ever need someone to talk to I'll listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I wish Venom fans on Quora wouldn't romanticize the symbiotes or accuse Spidey of being "xenophobic" for not wanting to be bonded to one. Most people don't want parasitic costumes that hijack your body without consent, alter your brain chemistry so that you're much more emotionally volatile and easier for it to manipulate, make you spend a fortune on food just so you don't succumb to the compulsion of resorting to cannibalism to sate its hunger and alternatively keep it from feeding on you for sustenance, etc. Y'know, common sense reasons.
    To be somewhat fair, all that was added to the mythos after Spidey had already ditched the black suit. In the actual story it really did just amount to "Ew gross it's alive? Getitoffgetitoffgetitoff!"

i use to watch and enjoy metero man but i can see now that its jank.

my question is how the **** did robert get so many actors and music stars to be in this movie? i knew he had stroke back in the day, but to get both the riddler and darth vader to be in this? wow.

fun fact: metero man is technically a marvel superhero. to build up hype for the movie, they actually had several comics about him published by marvel. hell, one comic actually had him working with spiderman to solve a crime. they were really banking on metero man being the next great black superhero.
    You keep saying Metero Man, but you mean Meteor Man right?
    Not a great movie, but kid me ate it up, along with Blankman and pretty much any other superhero movie of the era. I was a nerdy kid with no taste and low standards.

I only watched one episode of Season 3 of Chucky so far, but in my opinion, the first episode of Season 3 was good.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To be somewhat fair, all that was added to the mythos after Spidey had already ditched the black suit. In the actual story it really did just amount to "Ew gross it's alive? Getitoffgetitoffgetitoff!"
    I mean, it had been using his body for night rides without consent and was generally considered a malicious parasite even in the early days. There's a reason Peter wanted it gone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    On a lighter note!

spoilers:

Bakugou's finally back!

Also some other stuff happened but that's the important part.

end of spoilers
    You overestimate how much I spoilers:
    care about Bakugo over anything else happening in the series right now. And honestly, his part before getting knocked out was the worst part of this arc, everything else has been awesome. So I'm not terribly excited that he's back.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'll check it out, thanks. Think my problem is that just listing a best of horror list and treating it the same as a best for Halloween list is that it seems lazy. Sure, Halloween is linked with horror, but you can play horror year round. Halloween needs more thought put into it. Maybe it's set during Halloween, maybe it makes use of Halloween imagery, or at least use classic monsters like ghosts and vampires and werewolves and witches instead of any monster or whatever. I don't know, but most lists feel so uninspired for the holiday you know?

Last week I bought some cheap Castlevania-styled Dracula games and a Halloween Flappy Bird clone with a bat instead of a bird. Got some other games I bought earlier in the year. Shame I don't blog or post videos, I could probably make a more Halloweenie game list than most.

Read, I'm sorry you're going through such rough times. If you ever need someone to talk to I'll listen.

Which goes to show how big an influence Spider-Man TAS was and how big an impact it made on Spider-Man media as a whole.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

seriously, this is probably the most likable version of prince john i've ever seen. and i don't think X meant that to be so.
    Just as a general comment, despite what Robin Hood legends would have us believe, John was actually a really good king whereas Richard was a neglectful ****.

Richard was only ever interested in going off and playing knight by fighting in the crusades, leaving England to sort itself out (and remember, this is at a time when the king played an active role in running the country).

John meanwhile, despite probably being quite a petty, spiteful person by all accounts, was the only one of his brothers who didn’t betray their father, was a competent general, a good administrator, reformed the judiciary thereby laying the basis for English common law, and instituted the sealing of the Magna Carta, thereby laying the basis of England’s (and, as a result, the World’s) system of democracy.

It’s amazing what folklore can do to a reputation.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I can get that. Cao Cao in Romance of the Three Kingdoms in most fiction of the setting such as Dynasty Warriors depicts him and the Kingdom of Wei as the "bad guys."

But later depictions and the history itself really paints a far better light of the guy and those under him. He was not perfect morality wise but he was a competent badass who fought as much as the various warlords and honestly earned his place as a leader. He has done some messed up **** depending on sources but frankly it's just no different from everyone else.

And then there's that whole thing with Ma Chao's rebellion against him for killing his dad...When you look at the history...You pretty much realize Ma Chao is honestly a total bastard and Cao Cao was right to kick his ass throughout that campaign.

Also, his second wife was pretty amazing as a person.

This is a nice Character Analysis of the Dynasty Warriors' version of Cao Cao and how he changed over time. Going from a cold heartless bad guy in earlier installments to a more complex character in the later installments.

https://the-archlich.tumblr.com/post/61808532972
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    This is a nice Character Analysis of the Dynasty Warriors' version of Cao Cao and how he changed over time. Going from a cold heartless bad guy in earlier installments to a more complex character in the later installments.

https://the-archlich.tumblr.com/post/61808532972
    I actually followed that for a while. It was very nice insight on separating the fiction from history while explaining the subtle shifts of characters in every new installment.

Like yeah, DW7 is really when Wei started getting better moments when most of the early installments are kinda on the bad guys who are badasses card.

Cao Cao on his deathbed begging for forgiveness of the men who died trying to help him reach his ambitions really hits some feels especially when prior to it Xiahou Dun was pissed at how apparently light he took of Xiahou Yuan's death.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Just as a general comment, despite what Robin Hood legends would have us believe, John was actually a really good king whereas Richard was a neglectful ****.

Richard was only ever interested in going off and playing knight by fighting in the crusades, leaving England to sort itself out (and remember, this is at a time when the king played an active role in running the country).

John meanwhile, despite probably being quite a petty, spiteful person by all accounts, was the only one of his brothers who didn’t betray their father, was a competent general, a good administrator, reformed the judiciary thereby laying the basis for English common law, and instituted the sealing of the Magna Carta, thereby laying the basis of England’s (and, as a result, the World’s) system of democracy.

I have heard this, pretty funny indeed.

I imagine most royalty is petty and vindictive; comes from having absolute power while everyone tells you it's your divine right or some BS like that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I mean, it had been using his body for night rides without consent and was generally considered a malicious parasite even in the early days. There's a reason Peter wanted it gone.
    Yup, and by Peter's commentary in the actual story, it had been doing it multiple times due the exhaustion that he's felt for the past couple of weeks. He also concluded that it was feeding off his adrenaline, fat cells, etc. and would eventually eat him alive if he kept it on. It even tried to take control of him after it came back to his apartment (after escaping the Baxter building) and tricked him into putting it on by disguising itself as his classic suit, which ultimately led to the classic Belltower scene.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 10-12-2023 at 08:17 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

These kinds of videos works surprisingly well with Jurassic Park...Well, considering it is horror once we get passed the wonderment and all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yup, and by Peter's commentary in the actual story, it had been doing it multiple times due the exhaustion that he's felt for the past couple of weeks. He also concluded that it was feeding off his adrenaline, fat cells, etc. and would eventually eat him alive if he kept it on. It even tried to take control of him after it came back to his apartment (after escaping the Baxter building) and tricked him into putting it on by disguising itself as his classic suit, which ultimately led to the classic Belltower scene.
    Then there's what it did to Gargan. It made him eat people. Several times. Even though he clearly disliked the experience once the symbiote-forced rush was over.

Yeah, nah. The symbiote is not a nice thing.