Looks neat

Last edited by Postmania; 11-12-2023 at 10:08 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Insane output, you scare me
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Thank you both.

I'd be even farther along if work didn't make me whiff on two days. :B

But that said, I just did another 1925 to reach a total of 20,000, and I am deciding I'm going to quit the challenge here, at least as far as trying to hit a word count or writing just write every day. At this point, I don't think it's conducive to actually helping me improve on what I'm struggling with in regards to my writing. I already know I can crush the 50k word goal if I have something I want to write about.

The real challenge for me nowadays is finding a project and sticking to it long enough to see it through, and it's been so long since I've managed to do that, not just improvising scenes, but actually having a story planned out and worked on past the impulse phase. So I'm going to shift gears and goal posts. By the end of the month, I'm going to try to have at the very least an outline and mini-bible for a novel or short series mapped out, because even that level of creative writing accomplishment has been escaping me these last few years. Maybe it'll be something I'll actually work on past the NaNo deadline. Maybe not.

Failing that, I'll just try to get more rough drafts of old shorts finally off the backlog, without worrying about how long they end up being or hitting the keyboard every day.

Either way, I feel that will be much more of a useful exercise than just shotgunning random blather onto my word processor.

Onward and sideward!
    Hey glad at least one of us is making progress, even if it's discovering the process.

billprocess2-3066423881.jpg

Regardless I'd still like to see what you ultimately cobble together once you feel it's in a readable state.

...on my end been waylaid by a seasonal cold, and/or videogames, but I think I have my hook and a course for a plot. No content for a blog unfortunately, still just prewriting, but I think I may be able to start chickenpecking soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

Looks neat

Looking like Darksyde Asuka.

But y'know, I might be biased.

I do think it's tnteresting that they went with Taido to give her Mishima flair something unique.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Hey glad at least one of us is making progress, even if it's discovering the process.

Regardless I'd still like to see what you ultimately cobble together once you feel it's in a readable state.
    I'll link here when I got something.

...on my end been waylaid by a seasonal cold, and/or videogames, but I think I have my hook and a course for a plot. No content for a blog unfortunately, still just prewriting, but I think I may be able to start chickenpecking soon.
    I belieb in you!

Well, Souichirou Yamamoto has completed all three of his long-running series (Teasing Master Takagi-san, its spin-off sequel, and When Will Ayumu Make His Move?) within a span of a month.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well, Souichirou Yamamoto has completed all three of his long-running series (Teasing Master Takagi-san, its spin-off sequel, and When Will Ayumu Make His Move?) within a span of a month.
    Good for him. Wonder what kind of fun story he'll try out next.

And man, I need to actually read When Will Ayumu Make His Move?.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Thank you both.

~The ol' snip~

Onward and sideward!
    Nah that's completely understandable. Glad this at least got you excited about/interested in following through with something! Look forward to seeing what you've got on offer, so long as you're comfortable offering it ^-^
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

billprocess2-3066423881.jpg

Look Granblue isn't gonna play itself.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Good for him. Wonder what kind of fun story he'll try out next.

And man, I need to actually read When Will Ayumu Make His Move?.
    Been reading it since a year ago. Fun stuff really.

Looking like Darksyde Asuka.

But y'know, I might be biased.

I do think it's tnteresting that they went with Taido to give her Mishima flair something unique.
    I could see it, but I have no problem with that either
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i do hope jirard makes a statement about this. this could ruin him.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

i do hope jirard makes a statement about this. this could ruin him.
    Oh damn, hopefully he does.

To be kinda honest, I've been feeling surprisingly lonely these days. I guess outside of home and work, I've been talking with my ex for months which kept me occupied but got much socially. But now that I cut her off after knowing she took everything about us for granted and most of my friends are busy...I gotta admit, I didn't think it would kinda get to me.

I'm thinking of a quick tournament stream tomorrow night to blow off some steam. Everyone is welcomed when I get to it.

Oh right, I'm not exactly upset. My friends and family have been very supportive and want me not to be...utterly in a personal abyss. It's just that a lot of other things got on their plate to deal with and I respect their space really.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    To be kinda honest, I've been feeling surprisingly lonely these days. I guess outside of home and work, I've been talking with my ex for months which kept me occupied but got much socially. But now that I cut her off after knowing she took everything about us for granted and most of my friends are busy...I gotta admit, I didn't think it would kinda get to me.

I'm thinking of a quick tournament stream tomorrow night to blow off some steam. Everyone is welcomed when I get to it.
    do what you gotta do, buddy. its hard adjusting to that absence.