Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i am just tired of giving my own opinion on something and getting threatened because it doesn't match theirs. i commented on a vid about the doctor who special and i got death threats, threats against my family and people wishing ill on me. it hits harder after this year and it just............you go this far, all because i said i didn't like it?
    Christ man, I'm sorry that you had to experience that. People online get so ridiculously fanatical about the media that they consume, and because of anonymity and lack of moderation, they feel empowered to say whatever horrible thing they want because they believe that they're free of repercussions.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    A bit late with this, but thank you for these suggestions, I'll take a look and tailor the shopping list.

I suppose a question I'd have for might be the entry level questions, like which legume/grain combinations are best for protein and is non-heme iron a concern? Might need to do some homework there. Always liked brown rice, barley and steel cut oatmeal regardless.
    Unless you’re a bodybuilder and needing vast amounts of protein - and even that tends to be over exaggerated - you don’t need to worry about protein and protein combinations as long as you are eating a variety of different legumes, grains, and dark green vegetables. Amount of protein we need has been exaggerated over the years, and having too much protein can damage your kidneys. A good mixture of the above (and it does not need to be at the same sitting, science has proven differently, even the person who made the original claim has come out and said that they were incorrect), and you’ll be great.

There has been a whole lot of research into this, but the easiest way I can show is to say that I’ve been essentially whole food plant-based for a long, long time (vegan longer), and I don’t take supplements, and I do exercise, and I’m not dead from protein deficiency. I think.

And if you’re a bodybuilder, you’re probably already taking supplements anyways… ^_^

As for the iron, pretty much the same deal, although if you have an issue with absorbing iron, that’s different. Some people do. Granted, you’re going to be on a mixed diet - you’re not going 100% WFPB, as you say, so that shouldn’t be a problem at all.

If you DO have an issue absorbing iron, I would advise speaking to your doctor.

Also, if you are a person who has periods it might e good to get that iron checked.

Overall though I'd say this would be more an experiment to see how it feels, if anything.
    People have told me it takes a few weeks for them to feel any different - has been a long time for me, so I don’t remember - and since it’s a mixed diet, the different feelings might not be huge. But colour me curious as to how it goes! ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-28-2023 at 04:19 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

i am just tired of giving my own opinion on something and getting threatened because it doesn't match theirs. i commented on a vid about the doctor who special and i got death threats, threats against my family and people wishing ill on me. it hits harder after this year and it just............you go this far, all because i said i didn't like it?
    What, specifically, did you not like? I'd like to hear your opinion.

Might help turn your focus away from shitty strangers on the internet who should be ignored and forgotten about for being shitty human beings.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

WTH…sorry, man. People are getting more tribal these days, though YT comments area has always been a cesspool of venom.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    WTH…sorry, man. People are getting more tribal these days, though YT comments area has always been a cesspool of venom.

I hope you feel better soon.
    its not the first time this has happened to me. but since what happened with my aunt...........i think of death differently. i use to not let it bother me but now?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Yeah, I shake my head whenever something like this happens.

So sorry dude...That kind of bullshit just because of an opinion makes me bluntly wish people who do that crap find some dude waiting to slap them in the face right at their doorsteps.

Wishing violence on the people who offer only hate ultimately doesn't make you come off the better person. Just emboldens them. Best thing for it, difficult as it may be, is to ignore them. Especially if it's strangers in video comments, the only power they have is the power you give them.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

its not the first time this has happened to me. but since what happened with my aunt...........i think of death differently. i use to not let it bother me but now?
    And I know the loss of your aunt hit you hard.

What they did was wrong, and too many people do that today. You didn’t deserve it (nobody does), you don’t deserve it, and it shouldn’t happen to you. I hope you can just ignore them, like CoR says. That can be hard, as CoR also says.

I’m a little concerned; you say this sort of thing used to roll off you, but now it doesn’t, not since your aunt’s death. Maybe it’s that you see things differently, I agree. I’m just worried that you might be depressed; this sounds like it’s hitting you really hard.

I hope you’ve got some support.
    Why are we here?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    And I know the loss of your aunt hit you hard.

What they did was wrong, and too many people do that today. You didn’t deserve it (nobody does), you don’t deserve it, and it shouldn’t happen to you. I hope you can just ignore them, like CoR says. That can be hard, as CoR also says.

I’m a little concerned; you say this sort of thing used to roll off you, but now it doesn’t, not since your aunt’s death. Maybe it’s that you see things differently, I agree. I’m just worried that you might be depressed; this sounds like it’s hitting you really hard.

I hope you’ve got some support.
    i...........try not to think about it. this will be my first xmas without her and it will be a year on new year's eve that i saw her alive.

i guess that triggered me.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

i...........try not to think about it. this will be my first xmas without her and it will be a year on new year's eve that i saw her alive.

I'm sorry you're dealing with all that, MoR. And it makes sense you're still raw from such a loss and shouldn't have to deal with it.

I know it's small consolation, but the vast majority of shitty comments like this are often children trying to say the most shocking thing they can think of for their own amusement, or because they can't process their own negative feelings about life in a constructive way or because they're growing up in that environment of unfiltered filth and don't have the self-awareness to realize how shitty they're being, all emboldened by the internet anonymity. And if it isn't children, it's hot air from adults who don't have a better way to deal with their stress in life, but are all bark, no bite.

Oh right, speaking of hot air, I had to mass block my ex and her family.

It was rough she gave no response when I offered to work things out before officially breaking it off, but her family hounding me to demand I essentially "grovel and beg for her forgiveness" was ummmm...Too much.

I'm just amazed it got ugly fast on the slandering and still I'm at fault to them...

So sorry again.

Sounds like a bunch of lamewad losers. I wouldn't pay attention to them. You're an amazing person, Master Of Read, and you are more than welcome to discuss and voice your opinion on material, fictional or otherwise, don't let a bunch of dorks get you down. Rise above them and remember that you're better than them. You don't deserve any poor treatment because you're such a great guy.

Know that we're here for you and you're more than welcome to discuss things with us always.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Empathy is not a superpower, but still a power that everyone should have and many don't these days.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Oh right, speaking of hot air, I had to mass block my ex and her family.

It was rough she gave no response when I offered to work things out before officially breaking it off, but her family hounding me to demand I essentially "grovel and beg for her forgiveness" was ummmm...Too much.

I'm just amazed it got ugly fast on the slandering and still I'm at fault to them...
    I am sorry you are also going through some ****.