Page 2362 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 1362186222622312235223582359236023612362236323642365236623722412 ... LastLast
Results 35,416 to 35,430 of 36911

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Silly military group, getting their clandestine operation caught up in the Forger's family vacation and threatening Anya. They shouldn't have done that.
    When will these paramilitary/terrorist outfits ever get the memo: Do not f*^k with the Forgers.

I'm also wondering if we should use this movie to assess Yor's speed since it is based on canon material.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    When will these paramilitary/terrorist outfits ever get the memo: Do not f*^k with the Forgers.
    The problem is that nobody has figured out that they are in fact a unit in asskicking. A unit consisting of the world's greatest spy, the world's deadliest assassin, a telepathic child and a dog that can see into the future. Hell, of the Forgers only the child and dog know that they're a unit.

Which is hilarious. Just think of how crazy dangerous the Forgers will be when everything's been revealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm also wondering if we should use this movie to assess Yor's speed since it is based on canon material.
    I mean, one can always specify that movie feats are allowed.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 12-11-2023 at 01:13 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I mean, one can always specify that movie feats are allowed.
    It's not primary canon, so that would be the way to go. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, first off there was the trip. But then...

Before my trip to Japan I got a diagnosis for precancerous melanoma on my foot (so basically a black stain that hasn't yet penetrated down far enough to be a problem). Through a series of very fortunate events (seriously, I was lucky), I managed to get through the system rapidly and set up an appointment for surgery when I returned (on the 5th).

Choppy chop, they took it out and stitched me up, but it's on the sole of my foot. In the arch. Walking is...yeah. Problematic. I'm getting around my apartment on crutches to avoid any issues of tearing stitches and such.

I'm okay, though - thanks. Pain is mostly controllable now, and it'll heal up fine.
    I knew you had surgery, but didn't know what. That sounds awful.

Glad the recovery is coming along, sounds like you'll be okay. Hang in there, etc.

Before my trip to Japan I got a diagnosis for precancerous melanoma on my foot (so basically a black stain that hasn't yet penetrated down far enough to be a problem). Through a series of very fortunate events (seriously, I was lucky), I managed to get through the system rapidly and set up an appointment for surgery when I returned (on the 5th).

Choppy chop, they took it out and stitched me up, but it's on the sole of my foot. In the arch. Walking is...yeah. Problematic. I'm getting around my apartment on crutches to avoid any issues of tearing stitches and such.

I'm okay, though - thanks. Pain is mostly controllable now, and it'll heal up fine.

Yeesh. Sorry to hear.

Well, it's all perspective. For me, that's a lot (I'm mostly in the lab).
    I recently had a precancerous growth on my cheek. They used liquid Nitrogen spray to freeze the cells so that there wouldn't be a scar, but now I have to make an appointment to go back and have it rechecked ,make sure they actually got it all.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Yeesh. Sorry to hear.

Well, it's all perspective. For me, that's a lot (I'm mostly in the lab).
    still the tough old man sharp we know and love. stay strong.

edited to shut the **** up.
    Last edited by master of read; 12-11-2023 at 04:59 PM.

So like. To a point this sounds like a terrible situation and I'm sorry you're dealing with it, MoR.

On the other hand, you said it yourself that they hadn't seen this person in twenty years. Considering the struggles they have been having, themselves(that you've been sharing on the Internet, behind their back?), I don't think it'd be entirely unreasonable to at least consider that maybe they went to see this person and spend time with them because they uh, hadn't seen them in awhile and are looking to reconnect with other people so they're not entirely reliant on you?

Also, this girl you seem to despise, and you said talks down to you seemed to at least care enough to check on you?

Also also, like. Bro.

she wants to try to step in my shoes and help him with his problems? go ahead. she must be more important to him than i am, since he drove 2 hours to see her at the ren faire but i'm literally 6 minutes away from him.
    I mean you clearly didn't respect him before.

Been sharing his mental health issues and complaining about him (presumably) behind his back for awhile now. You can kinda pick up on when another person doesn't respect you, maybe he finally did.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I recently had a precancerous growth on my cheek. They used liquid Nitrogen spray to freeze the cells so that there wouldn't be a scar, but now I have to make an appointment to go back and have it rechecked ,make sure they actually got it all.
    Hope all goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So like. To a point this sounds like a terrible situation and I'm sorry you're dealing with it, MoR.

On the other hand, you said it yourself that they hadn't seen this person in twenty years. Considering the struggles they have been having, themselves(that you've been sharing on the Internet, behind their back?), I don't think it'd be entirely unreasonable to at least consider that maybe they went to see this person and spend time with them because they uh, hadn't seen them in awhile and are looking to reconnect with other people so they're not entirely reliant on you?

Also, this girl you seem to despise, and you said talks down to you seemed to at least care enough to check on you?

Also also, like. Bro.

I mean you clearly didn't respect him before.

Been sharing his mental health issues and complaining about him (presumably) behind his back for awhile now. You can kinda pick up on when another person doesn't respect you, maybe he finally did.
    if its like that, then i won't say anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Been reading the new Transformers comic, and you know you have a good optimus prime when he's ripping off his own arm to beat up a decepticon with it

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    if its like that, then i won't say anymore.
    For the record, I think I know you well enough to know that you didn't have any ill intent

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Been reading the new Transformers comic, and you know you have a good optimus prime when he's ripping off his own arm to beat up a decepticon with it

For the record, I think I know you well enough to know that you didn't have any ill intent
    nope. cthulu is right. its my fault. i'm in the wrong for this. so i'll just suck it up and shut the **** up.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I knew you had surgery, but didn't know what. That sounds awful.

Glad the recovery is coming along, sounds like you'll be okay. Hang in there, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    still the tough old man sharp we know and love. stay strong.
    Thank you both for the well-wishes.

Sorry to hear about your experience, Tami. Hope it's all fine, now.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

edited out.
    Last edited by master of read; 12-11-2023 at 06:58 PM.

There's really no need to be passive aggressive about this, either.