nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Man, I pity Ace for getting destroyed by every member of his family but Whitebeard and Luffy. Oh well, at least he gets to troll Kaido for the rest of eternity over whether he may or may not have gotten it on with Yamato.
    even roger and garp are proud of him smashing yamato.

deadpool is stupid good in marvel champions! what were FFG thinking when they made his deck?

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

These scams are crazy lol

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    honestly forgot this was going to be a thing, looking forward to it

sigh.

i had hope jirard would come out with a statement or a vid or something addressing this. but his and his family's silence speaks very loudly. i wanna give him the benefit of a doubt but the evidence is just damning. this could not only end his career but this could get him and his family in a crapton of legal trouble.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

sigh.

i had hope jirard would come out with a statement or a vid or something addressing this. but his and his family's silence speaks very loudly. i wanna give him the benefit of a doubt but the evidence is just damning. this could not only end his career but this could get him and his family in a crapton of legal trouble.
    Oh man.

That really stings. Like I don't watch Jirad that much but I do enjoy what I had watch. So yeah, I really hoped for something but it's really at that point there's not much to salvage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Haven't tried it yet, but I was planning to do a cabbage and lentil stew based off a recipe called "Inflation Stew" by the Wolfe Pit
    Update: Made it yesterday. Didn't completely go by the video since I cooked it with my crockpot, but it turned out pretty darn good.

A few things I learned from it: cabbage refuses to tenderize on Low, even after 6 hours, so start on High setting, cabbage will release additional moisture, so watch your pot level, and next time, I will saute the onions (which I usually do) instead of being lazy and dumping them raw into the pot.

This explains so much!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Jujutsu Kaisen: spoilers:
    So, Yuji's apparently gotten a massive boost because Sukuna had to use three of his arms to block Yuji's punch and was visibly shocked from the amount of force behind it. That, or Yuji used one of his new abilities to affect Sukuna's soul. Higuruma uses his Domain Expansiont o resume Yuji's trial regarding the Shibuya incident but with Sukuna as a co-defendent since this would be the best opportunity to sentence Sukuna with the Death Penalty if he's found guilty as the main culprit behind the massacre. Problem is, I see Sukuna using Con-no-jutsu by pointing out the massacre of Shibuya only occurred due to Jogo and the twin sisters awakening him by feeding him his fingers, or even point out that Kenjaku was the main conspirator behind it. Since Judgeman isn't particularly intelligent, he might buy into that defense. The other possibility is that even if Sukuna is found guilty, he's either going to bank on his theory that Mahoraga's fully adapted to the concept of "slashes" and use that to deflect the Executioner's Sword.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 11-30-2023 at 10:24 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Godzilla Minus fucking rocks. Probably my favorite of the ones I've seen (Legendary, original, Shin). Grabs some of the things I like the most from all those sources too
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Seems YouTube's autopilot demonetization is so pervasive that Cinemassacre needed to reupload censored versions of old Angry Video Game Nerd episodes.

This is a very redundant observation, but still disappointing the big-indusrty tech giant has no respect for creators, least of all one that helped bring people to the platform back in the day. I suppose one might think this broad brush approach was necessary as web video is more pervasive than TV and more content is created every day than any team of people can evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

sigh.

If he's building a case for himself, then it's probably best for him to stay silent and take care of it behind the scenes before making any more promises, written or recorded, that could be used as further evidence in a court of law.

I likewise want to give him the benefit of the doubt, perheps over generously because I liked him as a creator. However, if he truly did abuse his platform to line his pockets under false pretenses, they deserve to get the rug pulled out from under them.

However, thankfully - if frustratingly - that's not for internet whistleblowers and reactionaries to decide. Now that it's out there, they gotta pass scrutiny or fry.

Extraordinary Member

Ben from Death Battle had some interesting comments on why they're doing Goku vs Superman for a third time. Quoting him here.

Hello! I’m Ben B. Singer, the creator and showrunner of Death Battle, and the voice of Wiz. I’m also the writer and director of Goku VS Superman. A lot of questions have popped up since announcing it, so I’m happy to answer some here:

WHY MAKE A PART THREE?
    I know not everyone will see it this way, but to me this is not part three. It’s separate from the originals, the second time we’ve fully analyzed this match-up since 2013, and the first time we’re doing so with a full team. The episode can speak for itself, but I do want to share how we got here.

I made Goku VS Superman 1 over 10 years ago, when Death Battle was a different production. Most episodes were made by only 2 or 3 people and I was even in college at the time. Death Battle season 1 is unique in that it was originally meant to be a dumb joke: “Isn’t it funny how we’re doing such absurd research?” Yeah, clearly the wrong idea, but that’s why episodes like Zelda VS Peach, Starscream VS Rainbow Dash, Pikachu VS Blanka, and more are the way they are. I learned a lot from GvS1, and I like it, but it's obviously flawed. I think the ‘man without limits versus the man who breaks limits’ concept is interesting, but is ironically a rather limited way to approach the characters.

I didn’t intend Goku VS Superman 2 to be a rematch, but a sort of epilogue. It exists because it was proposed as a special event for the ScrewAttack Gaming Convention. (ScrewAttack was the company that owned Death Battle at the time.) I agreed to make it because we had 20+ minutes of material cut from GvS1 to work with, Torrian was now part of the team and could make an awesome animated battle, and I was obligated to contribute to SGC. I didn’t realize GvS2 would essentially become its main attraction, leading to expectations that my intent could not meet. In my frustration, I made a lackluster episode that accidently derides Superman and unintentionally kicks Dragon Ball fans while they’re down. I should have been more perceptive of the situation, and I don’t like what GvS2 became. I think it's my worst episode. On a positive note, Torrian’s animation is fantastic! It was also our first time working with Brandon Yates, who is scoring the new one!

It sounds silly, but Goku VS Superman is a prominent part of my life, and I want to make an episode that does it justice.

DIDN'T YOU SAY GOKU CAN'T EVER WIN?
    With the old perspective, yes, but modern Death Battle takes a different approach to determining victors. What happened in the originals has no bearing on this one.

HOW'S THE RESEARCH?
    Since the originals, we’ve brought in a team of researchers far more acquainted in versus deliberations than I ever was. One of them, Ultraguy, has taken point in examining every Goku and Superman manga/comic that exists. I can't shout out enough how much he put into this episode. Internally, we've been bouncing around the idea of doing Goku VS Superman since early 2020. Ultraguy knew how much I wanted to do it, so he took initiative and started research way back then. That was over 3 years ago. Of course, Ultraguy was only one of many voices when determining who wins, and others were also involved in research, calculations, and more.

WHAT VERSIONS OF GOKU AND SUPERMAN?
    There’s a funny role-reversal here. Last time we did this, Goku essentially had one mainline canon while Superman’s was split between multiple eras. Nowadays, it's sort of opposite. Given how Dragon Ball Super has three different continuities between movies, anime, and manga, we’re electing to smush them together in a similar manner to how Superman’s main canon now works. This technically also includes Super Dragon Ball Heroes, but I'll let the episode explain that.

Side note, it's commonly thought that Xeno Goku is far and away the most powerful version of Goku, so I understand why people are asking us to use Xeno exclusively. However, when Goku and Xeno Goku fought in Heroes canon, Goku won thanks to Ultra Instinct. So... food for thought. (Simplified context; CC Goku is from a Super timeline, whereas Xeno is from a GT one.)

WILL IT TOP THE ORIGINAL BATTLE?
    We aren't trying to necessarily outdo the original. I've had a different vision for this episode since the beginning, and I think you’ll understand what I mean when you see it. We also have a talented team of animators and artists working hard to make it look gorgeous. If you haven’t seen our recent episodes, we’ve come a looong way since the days of low-res sprites poking each other!

WHO ARE THE VOICE ACTORS?
    I’m excited to have Michael Kovach as the voice of Goku, and Xander Mobus as the voice of Superman. Both are big fans of their characters and brought a lot of passion and input to their roles. Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about MasakoX and ItsJustSomeRandomGuy, both of whom have always been essential to this match-up. Keep an ear out for them!

WAIT, WHY ISN’T THIS THE SEASON FINALE?
    Oh ho ho just you wait.

Wrapping this up, it feels surreal to do this again, especially with the team we’ve built over the years. I can’t thank them enough for pouring their time, heart, and soul into this project. As for you who have read this far, thanks for giving this a chance. We certainly knew reactions to the announcement would be mixed at best, so the trust and understanding I’ve seen has been appreciated and uplifting. Thank you so much for your support, and I hope you enjoy the episode on December 4th!