In memory of Sean Connery rest in peace.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Happy Halloween all!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Beadle.

I'm so mad.

I'm so fucking angry.

State of this man who inexplicably leads our country. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

The craven fucking lies

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Beadle.

I'm so mad.

I'm so fucking angry.

The craven fucking lies
    I know. When they handed back to him after Whitty and Vallance had delivered all the facts, he seemed surprised like he was thinking of something else entirely.

I mean the fact that this 4pm briefing eventually took place at 6.45pm gives a good indicator of the organisational incompetence.

We should have stayed locked down longer at the start.
    We shouldn’t have opened the borders as much as we did, once we were unlocked.
    It should have been enforceable laws, not vague fucking guidelines.
    When the second wave started to come, it should have been rapid responses, and no dicking about with Andy Burnham trying to ‘persuade’ Greater Manchester to accept Tier 3 measures. Just “Bang. You’re in. Now we can sort out the financial support measures for businesses after the event.”
    If a lockdown was inevitable (and it was), why would we not have done it two weeks ago, when a) the hospitals wouldn’t be as maxed out, and b) we could have stemmed the spread even further by timing it with schools being on half-term.

It’s a clusterfuck.

All of that being said, we’re in a place where this was needed and they have done it, so...

But it’s like having your biopsy results delivered by Krusty the Clown.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Sorry, Beadle and Nik.

...Ontario is going through the same, complete with lies. We’ll probably join you in full lockdown soon.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Happy Halloween.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Happy Halloween

Beadle.

I'm so mad.

I'm so fucking angry.

The craven fucking lies
    Oh, and now they’ve extended the furlough scheme.

Today.

The day it was supposed to finish.

The day after thousands will have been made redundant because their employers had no way of paying them post-furlough with no revenue coming in.

It’s AFTER those people were made redundant that it gets extended.

Fuckdammit

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Happy Halloween, everyone. I've been mostly cleaning up my yard today so nothing too special.

Huh, I was not expecting Little Kuriboh to be part of Linkara's show.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

a scene from a underrated horror cult classic Tales from The Hood compare to a scene from it's sequel Tales from the Hood 2.

Honestly Clarence William gave a better performance than Keith David as Mr. Simms.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-31-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    My Forum check it out

So I wrote this piece arguing why the movie Event Horizon is actually a Warhammer 40k prequel

https://realotakugamer.com/cinema-th...-40000-prequel

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So I wrote this piece arguing why the movie Event Horizon is actually a Warhammer 40k prequel

https://realotakugamer.com/cinema-th...-40000-prequel
    eh, it's always been a fun fan theory but it doesn't work, movie is stated to take place in 2047, man kind doesn't invent the warp drive until the 18th millennium during the dark age of technology, by which point they already had the beginning of an interstellar empire via sublight ships and suspended animation tech

even taking that out the warp would have been exceptionally calm during that point given that they were still thousands of years before the Eldar would have started their perpetual murder orgy that birthed Slaanesh and stirred up the warp something fierce(warp travel was already well known and established by that point), even the three existing Chaos gods of that time were basically in hibernation around that period,

Beadle.

I'm so mad.

I'm so fucking angry.

The craven fucking lies
    Sorry to hear that guys, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sorry, Beadle and Nik.

...Ontario is going through the same, complete with lies. We’ll probably join you in full lockdown soon.
    Yep, good luck to you too, Sharp.

Here in France, it's funny how within two or three weeks, we went from basically back to normal with precautions , to being under a curfew, to being back in lockdown. Might as well have locked us down from the beginning... Sucks for small business owners, who are afraid of the state they'll be in by the time we actually go back to normal, and are not really convinced by the financial help measures offered by our government.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Sorry to hear that guys, good luck.

Yep, good luck to you too, Sharp.

Here in France, it's funny how within two or three weeks, we went from basically back to normal with precautions , to being under a curfew, to being back in lockdown. Might as well have locked us down from the beginning... Sucks for small business owners, who are afraid of the state they'll be in by the time we actually go back to normal, and are not really convinced by the financial help measures offered by our government.
    Since there is little or no actual Federal involvement in the COVID responses here in the U.S., each State has become a country onto themselves. My Governor has done a very good job so far, though I am concerned. He tried to open what he could during the summer, and now he's wavering about fully locking the state down again.

For him, next year an election year. I think that is going to play a part in his response, however, we did get our number down dramatically.

So I don't know if we are in for another major lockdown, or not.

And yeah, sorry Beadle, Nik, and everyone else hit hard by this one way or another.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.