My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There was an X-men versus Avengers, I think, waaaaay before the more current one. Maybe from that?

Or Secret Wars?
    Nah, I think this was late 90s / early 00s. It was just a bonus feature in the back of a book, with Cap looking at various other people on a computer screen and assessing them.

Extraordinary Member

Four Knights of the Apocalypse: The titular gang is finally all here and they look quite cool together. Hopefully we can get some explanation for why they're all needed soon.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Nah, I think this was late 90s / early 00s. It was just a bonus feature in the back of a book, with Cap looking at various other people on a computer screen and assessing them.
    Yeesh. Sorry, man - no idea.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. The history of Macht comes to a close, finally explaining how everything happened. Quite interesting, in my opinion, and consistent with the characters, everything established until now, etc. Really liking this take on demons.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Four Knights of the Apocalypse: The titular gang is finally all here and they look quite cool together. Hopefully we can get some explanation for why they're all needed soon.
    In related news, the production of an anime adaptation for KoTA was green-lit. I just pray that it isn't going to be animated by Studio Deen. -_-*
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Time to beat up a bad dad

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. The history of Macht comes to a close, finally explaining how everything happened. Quite interesting, in my opinion, and consistent with the characters, everything established until now, etc. Really liking this take on demons.
    Agreed, this has been quite an interesting flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Agreed, this has been quite an interesting flashback.
    Have certainly enjoyed it; was suspicious about how it would proceed, but the author certainly remained completely consistent to their presentation of the setting so far.

Has done a good job of detailing the point that demons are not 'malicious' or 'evil'*, they are just 100% alien to us and...are what they are.

Oddly, in some ways it reminds me of CJ Cherryh's Foreigner series.

* we might consider them such by their actions, but realistically that's just putting our values onto them...which is a little weird considering they are literally not wired to understand our values.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-11-2022 at 04:25 AM.
    Why are we here?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

EDEN's ZERO: So, Rebecca completed Phase 1 of the boss fight, only for the clown to go all Pennywise in the second phase.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    EDEN's ZERO: So, Rebecca completed Phase 1 of the boss fight, only for the clown to go all Pennywise in the second phase.
    I'm always impressed by how dexterous Mashima makes his heroines, and Rebecca catching a thrown sword between her two feet while clinging for dear life with her hands to a curtain and then throwing the sword she caught with her feet to free her friends is one of the more impressive displays in that category.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Very good chapter in Kaiju #8 this week.

Really fun little twist on several tropes at play there. Very good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Very good chapter in Kaiju #8 this week.

Really fun little twist on several tropes at play there. Very good work!
    Oddly enough, I literally just started reading it about an hour ago. I'm on chapter 13.

...not a lot happening at work today.
    Why are we here?