Page 312 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 2122623023083093103113123133143153163223624128121312 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 36875
    Extraordinary Member

The Broly movie is so effing good

Yes, it is. And Broly and Cheelai are my new OTP.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Oliver puts him in prison and they bring him right back out.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yes, it is. And Broly and Cheelai are my new OTP.
    Broly x Cheelai is everyone's OTP.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I like the Baki reference in the new Kengan series. They should do a special chapter at some point.

gentleman, as of right now, we have a full 32 man tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    gentleman, as of right now, we have a full 32 man tournament.
    Looking forward to it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Now, I disagree with the notion that this fight is better than the Lucci one, but this is still a really cool fight and I'm glad the best parts are getting such love.

And that OST that plays when Luffy and Katakuri knock out the annoying sideliners with Emperor haki is quite magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Now, I disagree with the notion that this fight is better than the Lucci one, but this is still a really cool fight and I'm glad the best parts are getting such love.

And that OST that plays when Luffy and Katakuri knock out the annoying sideliners with Emperor haki is quite magnificent.
    it's personal preference really. i dig it more than lucci/luffy was due to the insight we get on katakuri, his standing within in the family, how others view him, and how important image is in the big mom pirates.

and really, i don't think luffy and katakuri had too much ill will on each other. they were just on opposite sides of this conflict.

Extraordinary Member

it's personal preference really. i dig it more than lucci/luffy was due to the insight we get on katakuri, his standing within in the family, how others view him, and how important image is in the big mom pirates.

and really, i don't think luffy and katakuri had too much ill will on each other. they were just on opposite sides of this conflict.
    It really is a preference thing.

I lean more towards the Luffy/Lucci fight because it has much better pacing and a greater sense of desperation due to the race against time nature of the arc. And while I appreciate how Katakuri and Luffy grew to respect each other, it took away a lot of the edge from the fight for me. Lucci on the other hand was an aggravating mix between a professional murderer and a sadistic dick and if there was ever an opponent that Luffy might've hated it was him. That just made the fight more engaging to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It really is a preference thing.

I lean more towards the Luffy/Lucci fight because it has much better pacing and a greater sense of desperation due to the race against time nature of the arc. And while I appreciate how Katakuri and Luffy grew to respect each other, it took away a lot of the edge from the fight for me. Lucci on the other hand was an aggravating mix between a professional murderer and a sadistic dick and if there was ever an opponent that Luffy might've hated it was him. That just made the fight more engaging to me.
    it really didn't take much edge away from it for me. i mean, really, how many anatongists can you say luffy respected during and immediately after their fight? and how many antagonists can you say respected luffy during and after their fight? about the only real thing katakuri and lucci have in common is that, unlike a lot of other villains, they don't have signature villian laughs.

but as we agree on, it's a preference thing.

3 hours remain.

i repeat, 3 hours until the tournament begins.