Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Please do not remind me of Godzilla.

Legendary studios got bought out by China in Trumps watch. Meaning those movies give China money.

Just yeah my only politic statement with “ Go blue” not just a Trump, but the whole GOP situation is crooked.

: goes back to politics section, where he hangs out now. Mostly.:
    ... You do know that Trump, and the presidential position, has no control over what private companies like Legendary Studios can or cannot do (so long as its legal), right? If Legendary Studios decided to legally do business with China or anyone/anything else, then there's really nothing anyone can do about it.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    For whatever it's worth, Sesshomaru didn't actually raise Rin. She walked around with him for a year or so, then she got adopted by Kaede
    I don't think it's a matter of adopted parentage that's the issue for the people that have a problem with this.

I think that the issue is more than for the vast majority of the original series Rin was a little child and she held that age for her entire journey with Sesshomaru who was an is a fully mature adult. That is the image of these two characters that was imprinted on fans.

Now when people re-watch/re-read Inuyasha and get to a scene where Rin the child interacts with Sesshomaru the adult they can think "Oh look, it's Sesshomaru and his future wife who he is going to have children with."

That's bound to be weird and icky for some people.

Master of Read's Alucard

SubZeroMKA's Maxana

Waiting on some notes, but otherwise been picking at the next two.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Nice work Gen.

For all your talk of rust, your work is still looking pretty clean!

(Also, in the process of scouring my own attempts at drawing my character, I've found that I don't currently have any visual aids that match the brief. I'm currently debating drawing something fresh but you might get no visual aids from me.)
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-28-2020 at 07:18 AM.

That stuff looks amazing, Grampagen!

You still have that group composition of our various poster personas from the pre-Flashpoint Rumbles days?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That stuff looks amazing, Grampagen!

You still have that group composition of our various poster personas from the pre-Flashpoint Rumbles days?
    I suspect you mean The Rumblers Christmas from 2011, right?

That’s the one, yes.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    They've delayed Cyberpunk 2077.
    AGAIN.
    They're doing the right thing, IMO.

The current practice of 'we'll push the game out when it's still a mass of glitches and errors, and is missing content' is infuriating. I would rather wait until a game works and is at least as finished as they wanted it to be (with room for DLC later).

Case in point: Marvel's Avengers. I have this game, so I can speak from experience.

Great graphics. Great idea. Pretty good fight system and the like.

Game is appallingly repetitive, with every endgame mission being some variation of the exact same setting and exact same enemies. Yeah, a lot of games have this issue with Endgame, but Avengers takes it to a new level, and they keep saying 'Oh, but more content is coming! In, I dunno, a few months.' Game is also glitchy to the point of being completely unplayable at times (I exaggerate not at all - when you spent a half-hour trying to make a multiplayer mission work, only to have to give up because it keeps glitching in a way they end up patching five days later, that's unplayable). Every single time they update it, even to 'fix stuff', more things go wrong that need fixes.

My wife and I played the game for a short time before just giving up, and that's alongside what seems to be the majority of people who bought the game - it's a ghost town on Xbox now, and I get the feeling that rather than do all of the wonderful upgrades/new characters/DLC Square brags about planning, the company will just drop it. Like Bioware did with Mass Effect 4.

Not saying CP 2077 is in the same boat, but gimme something finished I need to wait for; I have patience for that.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-28-2020 at 05:12 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, great stuff Granpagen! Nice!

...is that Odinsanta in the Christmas one? ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

That looks amazing Gen ^_^
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Your character, Subby? He do a good job?

On another subject, just found a manga that takes place in Kyoto - "Kyouto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes", or Holmes of Kyoto's Teramachi Shopping Arcade/Street. Art is good, I'm curious to see how it runs and how they do Teramachi street (possibly my all-around favorite place in Kyoto).

Edit: So far, pretty good! If you check it out, don't expect action; there's none.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-28-2020 at 05:11 AM.
    Why are we here?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Your character, Subby? He do a good job?
    That's my PC from SHR3, way back in the day. Gen did a phenomenal job
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That's my PC from SHR3, way back in the day. Gen did a phenomenal job
    Wasn't involved in that, but there was a lot of talk from the principal players. ^_^ So the name seemed familiar.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    They're doing the right thing, IMO.

The current practice of 'we'll push the game out when it's still a mass of glitches and errors, and is missing content' is infuriating. I would rather wait until a game works and is at least as finished as they wanted it to be (with room for DLC later).

Case in point: Marvel's Avengers. I have this game, so I can speak from experience.

Great graphics. Great idea. Pretty good fight system and the like.

Game is appallingly repetitive, with every endgame mission being some variation of the exact same setting and exact same enemies. Yeah, a lot of games have this issue with Endgame, but Avengers takes it to a new level, and they keep saying 'Oh, but more content is coming! In, I dunno, a few months.' Game is also glitchy to the point of being completely unplayable at times (I exaggerate not at all - when you spent a half-hour trying to make a multiplayer mission work, only to have to give up because it keeps glitching in a way they end up patching five days later, that's unplayable). Every single time they update it, even to 'fix stuff', more things go wrong that need fixes.

My wife and I played the game for a short time before just giving up, and that's alongside what seems to be the majority of people who bought the game - it's a ghost town on Xbox now, and I get the feeling that rather than do all of the wonderful upgrades/new characters/DLC Square brags about planning, the company will just drop it. Like Bioware did with Mass Effect 4.

Not saying CP 2077 is in the same boat, but gimme something finished I need to wait for; I have patience for that.
    I'm going a bit over the top here for fun and it only amounts to a few weeks this time, but there are some mitigating factors in this one that annoy me, the first is that CDPR has spent virtually the entire last month crowing about how the game had gone gold(industry speak for it's done and ready to ship out for production) and saying flatly that there wouldn't be any more delays(also the utterly overblown outrage over the devs having to work a few 6 day weeks, In refuse to say crunch because what they were doing was not even remotely close to what usually gets called crunch). And the reason it's being delayed is almost certainly a console one, and well we PC user get uppity when our games get delayed because of consoles, especially when CDPR is having to optimize a game for 7 different platforms(4 different versions of Xbox alone). Honestly though the most likely reason is the next gen dev kits weren't even made available until late in the production.