Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

A third season of The Breaker?

Breaker 3: Eternal Force for those curious. Si-Woon now fully operating the role of Goomoonryong to the new protagonist.

One Piece:

spoilers:
    Luffy has used his gigantic Gear 5/Ryou fist to drive Kaido to the ground while we get Kaido's backstory. Meanwhile, Momonosuke manages to move Onigashima out of the way of Luffy's punch and lands it safely on the ground. Overall, the entire chapter implies the fight is indeed over. At least, I hope the fight is over, as this chapter is a perfect ending for Kaido vs. Luffy.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Love some bush-grown wings
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    One Piece:

spoilers:
    Luffy has used his gigantic Gear 5/Ryou fist to drive Kaido to the ground while we get Kaido's backstory. Meanwhile, Momonosuke manages to move Onigashima out of the way of Luffy's punch and lands it safely on the ground. Overall, the entire chapter implies the fight is indeed over. At least, I hope the fight is over, as this chapter is a perfect ending for Kaido vs. Luffy.
    end of spoilers
    United Seas Of SMASH!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Thank you for the well wishes everyone (concerning my marriage)!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    this sounds very interesting

Gundam Build Fighters is my favorite Gundam anime series. It captures the spirit of the little boy in me that saw the shiny robots and dreamed of awesomeness and glory and customization. The various actual Gundam series tend to be about how war is tragic and terrible, in contrast to the shiny Gundams. That's a valid story and message to tell, and an important one not to forget. The problem is that I'm really not very interested in digesting that message when there's Gundam fights to be had. Gundam Build Fighters gives me the feel-good guilt-free fun I always wanted from the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Magic has few of those...

https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&...vor%3Arhyme%29

Slivers are Evil, and Slivers are sly
    And if you get eaten then no-one will cry.
    Magic: The Gathering is one hobby I've managed to maintain. I almost exclusively play Commander nowadays though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Demon Slayer Season 2 Episode 10 might be the best animated single episode of an anime that I've ever seen.

Like Ufotable have had exceptional production values since the beginning but that episode really felt like they raised their game.

Absolutely outstanding work.
    I've spent a lot of time just watching YouTube reactions to a bunch of Demon Slayer Season 2's episodes. Episode 10 is of course the highlight, but the entire fight kicks into insanely high gear the moment Gyutaro and Tengen start going at it, and I'll always hold a special place in my heart for the trio taking on Daki for one glorious moment.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Thank you for the well wishes everyone (concerning my marriage)!
    Huzzah!

One hopes you both are deliriously happy!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Magic: The Gathering is one hobby I've managed to maintain. I almost exclusively play Commander nowadays though.
    Can I recommend playing on RPOL then?

https://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=53407&date=1651717344

We could use some more people that want to play.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Rather frustrated.

Since 2018, I've been going through a process of review of my position. Yep, four years. My immediate management and supervisor are 100% convinced I'm working at a higher level. We've done extensive review of the level I'm working at versus the next level, and it adds up fine. We've put in the proper documentation for a job description review. Since then we've been asked innumerable times to re-state EVERYTHING in different ways, to answer questionnaires demanding information we've already submitted, etc. Endless. Interspaced with literal years of silence. Finally it came back to my management for signature. There was a lot of dancing around getting upper management to sign it.

I have now been informed that we will be 'proceeding with the review'.

What the heck have they been doing for four years? And all of the information they've been demanding? O_o

*brain explodes*
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Rather frustrated.

Since 2018, I've been going through a process of review of my position. Yep, four years. My immediate management and supervisor are 100% convinced I'm working at a higher level. We've done extensive review of the level I'm working at versus the next level, and it adds up fine. We've put in the proper documentation for a job description review. Since then we've been asked innumerable times to re-state EVERYTHING in different ways, to answer questionnaires demanding information we've already submitted, etc. Endless. Interspaced with literal years of silence. Finally it came back to my management for signature. There was a lot of dancing around getting upper management to sign it.

I have now been informed that we will be 'proceeding with the review'.

What the heck have they been doing for four years? And all of the information they've been demanding? O_o

*brain explodes*
    Well, in my experience. If you're already working at that level on your current salary and regrading it would mean they'd need to pay you more, they are incentivised to keep you on the current setup as long as possible.

I predict more shenanigans mate. Same everywhere you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Well, in my experience. If you're already working at that level on your current salary and regrading it would mean they'd need to pay you more, they are incentivised to keep you on the current setup as long as possible.

I predict more shenanigans mate. Same everywhere you go.
    Oh, absolutely. There have been many, many roadblocks thrown up throughout the last 6 years over the entire attempt to get this review done (by my direct managers and supervisors, this isn't just me trying). Including 'submission of paperwork incorrectly then not informing us until another year had passed' by my then-director, which COULD have been an honest mistake...but with all of the other resistance she put up (down to actually saying she wouldn't sign the request, despite that the fact that by the Treasury Board rules it was required), the optic are bad for that.

Bleah. This happens to technologists all through my organization (fedgov, mind).

Good thing it was submitted - on the official form, signed and stamped - as of 2018, because if it goes through all of the stalling just means back-pay. Taxed, of course (and probably at a higher index due to lump-sum curse, but hey, it's still good to get assuming this goes through).

It's just maddening.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-16-2022 at 07:22 AM.
    Why are we here?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

That was the review to see if they needed to start your review. Totally different.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    That was the review to see if they needed to start your review. Totally different.
    Precisely. I guess.

-_-
    Why are we here?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Oh, absolutely. There have been many, many roadblocks thrown up throughout the last 6 years over the entire attempt to get this review done (by my direct managers and supervisors, this isn't just me trying). Including 'submission of paperwork incorrectly then not informing us until another year had passed' by my then-director, which COULD have been an honest mistake...but with all of the other resistance she put up (down to actually saying she wouldn't sign the request, despite that the fact that by the Treasury Board rules it was required), the optic are bad for that.

Bleah. This happens to technologists all through my organization (fedgov, mind).

Good thing it was submitted - on the official form, signed and stamped - as of 2018, because if it goes through all of the stalling just means back-pay. Taxed, of course (and probably at a higher index due to lump-sum curse, but hey, it's still good to get assuming this goes through).

It's just maddening.
    That sucks, man. Good luck with getting it all straightened out.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

It's just maddening.
    Jeez, nothing worse than getting jerked around :/ Four years of this **** is absolutely infuriating.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Thanks, you two.

It has, shall we say, contributed to my stress somewhat. :P
    Why are we here?