Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That one felt extra brutal, even for Death Battle.
    Actually, considering everything else he's done, this could be considered tame for Eobard Thawne.

This is a man who killed the love of Barry Allen's life, tried to murder his second love, then went further back in time to kill the first one again earlier in the timeline. He also shook his other obsession so hard, he retroactively made her an invalid. All while doing incredibly petty **** like pushing Barry down the stairs as a child.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Actually, considering everything else he's done, this could be considered tame for Eobard Thawne.

This is a man who killed the love of Barry Allen's life, tried to murder his second love, then went further back in time to kill the first one again earlier in the timeline. He also shook his other obsession so hard, he retroactively made her an invalid. All while doing incredibly petty **** like pushing Barry down the stairs as a child.
    Yeah, there's a reason why this meme exists:

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yeah, there's a reason why this meme exists:

I could see Thawne doing that. Except he'd bring three small vials to gather some of Barry's "seed" in: one to put in his obsessive stalker shrine, another to wear around his neck so he can always keep a piece of Barry around him... And the third to plant at a rape-homicide to make people believe Barry is a murdering rapist.
    Last edited by The Dog; 09-28-2021 at 02:46 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

That's why I wrote that that it felt extra brutal for Death Battle.

They were very clear that Eobard is a saddistic petty monster who quite frankly didn't deserve the happy ending Barry gave him.

The only thing more tragic than an "evil" Saber, is a Saber who lost her mind, had it reprogrammed by a Divine Construct, and thinks that trapping the souls of humanity in what amounts to "Instrumentality: Spear Edition" would be a oerfect utopia.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's why I wrote that that it felt extra brutal for Death Battle.

They were very clear that Eobard is a saddistic petty monster who quite frankly didn't deserve the happy ending Barry gave him.
    Is Hunter Zolomon a thing in Rebirth DC?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Is Hunter Zolomon a thing in Rebirth DC?
    He showed up for a while, Thawne stole his powers IIRC

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    He showed up for a while, Thawne stole his powers IIRC
    Ahh, classic superhero comic tropes.

Propping up a classic character by getting rid of a newer character.

What If episode wasn't bad. A bit perfunctory but it got where it had to.

spoilers:
    They need to stop making Thanos a jobber in these universes tho
    end of spoilers
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Fantastic Member

Mother's Basement reviews Star Wars Visions:

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

What the heck point is having Microsoft Edge as the default browser on all of the Fed-Gov computers when half of the websites out there don't work with it at all and I end up needing to go back and mess around with awful Chrome just to get where I need to get?

Ugh.

*grumpiness finished*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    What the heck point is having Microsoft Edge as the default browser on all of the Fed-Gov computers when half of the websites out there don't work with it at all and I end up needing to go back and mess around with awful Chrome just to get where I need to get?

Ugh.

*grumpiness finished*
    I use Firefox and don't have problems like that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I use Firefox and don't have problems like that.
    Fed Gov computers. We aren’t allowed to put software on them unless it’s approved. Also not allowed to alter settings.

I use Firefox at home.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate