I wouldn’t know what I was trying to do in the first place, let alone be able to forget it. I’ve never had a single lesson in any martial art of self-defence class.

Being 6’2” and varying between 200lbs and 220lbs has probably always helped me to avoid fights though, since I’ve never actually been in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I wouldn’t know what I was trying to do in the first place, let alone be able to forget it. I’ve never had a single lesson in any martial art of self-defence class.

Being 6’2” and varying between 200lbs and 220lbs has probably always helped me to avoid fights though, since I’ve never actually been in one.
    You have the intimidation aura of a Swan.

Truly a duck to be feared.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    The best part of getting older is finding more new ways to experience pain Not.
    Wolverine said pain had become like an old friend.

Wolverine needs better friends. :B

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post

Well, his annual birthday treat comes from Jetpack Sabretooth, so yeah… he really does.

His son’s tried to kill him, he killed his own dad, and some of the people he most cares about are i) the son of a demon and a psychopath, ii) the brother of a semi-demon and a psychopath, iii) a vampire, iv) somebody else’s wife with a revolving door to death and who just happens to be a regular host to a deranged psychic god who destroyed a whole star system.

Yup.

Pain must feel like a warm hug.

Well, his annual birthday treat comes from Jetpack Sabretooth, so yeah… he really does.

His son’s tried to kill him, he killed his own dad, and some of the people he most cares about are i) the son of a demon and a psychopath, ii) the brother of a semi-demon and a psychopath, iii) a vampire, iv) somebody else’s wife with a revolving door to death and who just happens to be a regular host to a deranged psychic god who destroyed a whole star system.

Yup.

Pain must feel like a warm hug.
    A warm 'bub' perhaps?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post

Well, there's always Deadpool, but I think that's a one-way relationship.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Well, there's always Deadpool, but I think that's a one-way relationship.

Well, he and DP are on better terms these days. And Logan is good pals with Peter and Steve.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

When Logan is drinking his coffee that is two coffees, he often accompanies it with a pain au chocolat. Emphasis on the pain.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

When Logan is drinking his coffee that is two coffees, he often accompanies it with a pain au chocolat. Emphasis on the pain.
    Which makes him a cultured person... he isn't calling it a chocolatine.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I figured the best kind of kick would be the kind that's below center mass, unless you've already knocked your opponent for a loop preventing you know. Your leg getting grabbed.

Then again, never really had to deal with someone skilled in a non-training, or "real" scenario... generally speaking most people forget what they're trying to do after they catch some knuckles to somewhere soft.
    Absolutely on both points. I mean, there are MMA dudes who have shown that yeah, high kicks can work. But it takes a lot of training and practice, and being good at setting them up. Which is experience.

Otherwise, low stuff. Which for me is good - I was never a good kicker ANYWAY, so my kicking will always tend to be thighs, knee, ankle, lower abdomen at the highest.

You're a big fellow, that's true, around the size of people in my old school.

I'm a little guy by comparison (which you know). ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...I did clock someone in the head with a crescent kick once, but they were shorter than me (a rarity in my old school) and it's a punch-range sneaky kick I wouldn't try on a big person. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You're a big fellow, that's true, around the size of people in my old school.

I'm a little guy by comparison (which you know). ^_^
    Yeah, but you could kick my ass from here to… umm… somewhere else.

A handgun is much smaller than a broadsword, but I know which I’d rather have in a fight.

If I knew how to use one.

Yeah, but you could kick my ass from here to… umm… somewhere else.

A handgun is much smaller than a broadsword, but I know which I’d rather have in a fight.

If I knew how to use one.
    Size is a great leveler. A little training, you'd be a contender. *insert training montage and music here*

Would agree with you on the handgun/broadsword idea (for anything not involving "inside 20' and gun still holstered").
    Why are we here?