As I grow older and spend more time outside I realize: It's bullshit that we lose an hour to daylight savings time at this time of year. I want more daylight, not less!
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Death of Doctor Strange is the best 'big change-up for Doctor Strange!' in years. For one, it's actually a step BACK for Strange, not a 'forward' step into 'Strange needs new magic!' yet again.
    Back as in "closer to Classic Strange"?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Some first issue plot spoilers

spoilers:
    Doctor Strange arranged to have a special investigator come in should he ever die. That investigator being his own past self, from back before he became Sorceror Supreme
    end of spoilers

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

spoilers:
    Doctor Strange arranged to have a special investigator come in should he ever die. That investigator being his own past self, from back before he became Sorceror Supreme
    end of spoilers
    That… that’s something. I like it.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Jcogginsa pretty much nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That… that’s something. I like it.
    spoilers:
    It's basically a slice of his time - something like a week's worth - from back in the day, set up to investigate his own murder (should it transpire, which it has). With all of his old mannerisms, style of speech, and none of his current memories - he constantly gets surprised by revelations about his own life. So he has a week to solve his own death (and presumably fix it) while all kinds of terrible things are happening.

I've said it before, but...Stephen is one heck of a prep-master.
    end of spoilers
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

spoilers:
    It's basically a slice of his time - something like a week's worth - from back in the day, set up to investigate his own murder (should it transpire, which it has). With all of his old mannerisms, style of speech, and none of his current memories - he constantly gets surprised by revelations about his own life. So he has a week to solve his own death (and presumably fix it) while all kinds of terrible things are happening.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Reminds me of when Tony Stark deleted his own mind to prevent information from falling into Norman Osborn’s hands, with the proviso in his will that he had to be assessed by his own personal physician before anyone else, and we had that final page image of Osborn screaming “Who the #%$! is Donald Blake?!”
    end of spoilers

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    spoilers:
    Reminds me of when Tony Stark deleted his own mind to prevent information from falling into Norman Osborn’s hands, with the proviso in his will that he had to be assessed by his own personal physician before anyone else, and we had that final page image of Osborn screaming “Who the #%$! is Donald Blake?!”
    end of spoilers
    I do recall.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    As I grow older and spend more time outside I realize: It's bullshit that we lose an hour to daylight savings time at this time of year. I want more daylight, not less!
    I want more stargazing time before work. :B

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Means I get more daylight up in bear country.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So, watched the newest Death Battle, and spoilers:
    Shao Khan wins. And the Next Time is Korra vs... Storm (X-Men). Honestly surprised by that, was expecting it to be either Delsin Rowe or Rey Palpatine to be her opponent.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Now this I really like.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Strange also appears in Al Ewing's current Defenders run, which is set before the Death of Doctor Strange event. That series involves Strange gathering a new team of defenders in order to track down a guy whose been using a dangerous time travel spell to go back to the previous Multiverse.

Thw second issue has a truly amazing tagline

spoilers:
    Galactus' Mom has got it going on!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Battletech: Negotiated a job with some pirates to go break out one of their own from prison. Needed the job with Hope's of good salvage. The difficulty is apparently 2/5 and I've been careful with 1/5s so why not.

Got jumped by a well armed lance that proceeded to rip my forces apart and had to withdraw. I lost a Centurion, the Cicada was so damaged I ultimately scrapped it, two mechwarriors wounded with one out for 90+ days, and my reputation went down the toilet.

...Typical Battletech moment.

Fantastic Member

Your daily dose of Batshit Insane: