Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    More than likely. If he can absorb the abilities of Schrodinger, I don't see why DIO's The World would be an exception.
    Yeah, Stands are a projection of psychic energy. Alucard is a glorified soul trap and, as I recall, even when disembodied, a Stand user's soul retains the ability to manifest a Stand.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Reading a pretty ugly manga named Gangsta right now. What's keeping me going is the central characters are interesting, as well as one of them being deaf (not sure if Deaf, haven't reached that part of the story if there is a reason). Sadly, the writer has gone with the whole, extremely tired 'reading lips solves problems', but at least they haven't tried to make him speak perfectly or not use sign language. He uses sign language by choice, hates using his voice, and when he does use his voice it's clear by how it's written that he doesn't pronounce things like a hearing person.

So some good stuff there.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Reading a pretty ugly manga named Gangsta right now. What's keeping me going is the central characters are interesting, as well as one of them being deaf (not sure if Deaf, haven't reached that part of the story if there is a reason). Sadly, the writer has gone with the whole, extremely tired 'reading lips solves problems', but at least they haven't tried to make him speak perfectly or not use sign language. He uses sign language by choice, hates using his voice, and when he does use his voice it's clear by how it's written that he doesn't pronounce things like a hearing person.

So some good stuff there.
    Representation baybeee

you gotta take it where you can get it

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Representation baybeee

you gotta take it where you can get it
    Indeed.

Interestingly, I'm picking up a little - VERY little - JSL from it. Enough to at least say 'thank you', for example. So, useful.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Better and better - Deaf guy (Nic) fighting against another enhanced person. That person realizes something important and tries to stop the fight by talking to him.

Then the art just shows the kid talking, his speech bubbles basically empty with solid lines through them.

[Nic] *thinking* This kid talks a mile a minute. Hard to read his lips. Eh, I'll just kill him.

Little things like that, I like.
    Why are we here?

Okay, after playing and finishing Metroid Dread, I actually want to see Samus in another Death Battle. spoilers:
    The fact that she can drain energy - all energy - on such a massive scale when her Metroid powers mature is ridiculous. Also, the Hyper Beam is my new favorite Arm Cannon.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

So, Detective Conan is reaching the final stage of the series. Thank God.
    I'm pretty sure that's one of the signs of the apocalypse

More than likely. If he can absorb the abilities of Schrodinger, I don't see why DIO's The World would be an exception.
    I've seen some people state DIO would win, but it requires bringing in The World Over Heaven from the game and the ridiculousness of the Jorge Joestar novels.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I've seen some people state DIO would win, but it requires bringing in The World Over Heaven from the game and the ridiculousness of the Jorge Joestar novels.
    Given that it's Death Battle and how they can be quite selective about how applicable certain feats are(regardless of canonicity), it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to reference Eyes of Heaven or Jorge Joestar, though I pray to God that they don't.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

I feel like I want to make some fights

but I don't have anything I'm currently reading or watching that is both engaging enough to me that I want to make a match about it and well known enough that people will respond to it.

I think this is the mindset that prompts one to make respect threads. :/

but I don't have anything I'm currently reading or watching that is both engaging enough to me that I want to make a match about it and well known enough that people will respond to it.

Or you could make wacky scenarios
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Pretty much. Is why I have a giant catalogue of Ancestor feats and did that High&Lo thread.

...someday, Creatures of Light and Darkness.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Or you could make wacky scenarios
    There is that. I did enjoy Logan and Creed steal a baby, that was fun one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Pretty much. Is why I have a giant catalogue of Ancestor feats and did that High&Lo thread.

...someday, Creatures of Light and Darkness.
    I think it's Blood Blockade Battlefront that's the one that's motivating me a bit. A fun diverse cast of anime silliness, some really fun and bonkers feats in there.

But, finding clips in the wild is hard -___-

I think it's Blood Blockade Battlefront that's the one that's motivating me a bit. A fun diverse cast of anime silliness, some really fun and bonkers feats in there.

But, finding clips in the wild is hard -___-
    It's like a combustion triangle, but it's more 'Motivation' - 'Time' - 'Feat Availability'. Remove any of the three, and it falls apart.
    Why are we here?