My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    And yet, Tory's the one who launched a home invasion and was party to the resulting murder attempt.

Agreed, that it's ymmv though.
    This is also a magical world where karate is the strongest martial art and the police don't exist until they do and parents just don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    The LaRusso kids (seasons 1-3, Anthony got worse in 4) are just normal kid bratty. Tory regularly assaults Sam with dangerous weapons in attempts to kill/maim her.
    It's more of a grey area than that. She'll lean on her status as a victim and assuming she's in the right, which is a running theme in this series with the shifts in perspectives on all sides, to get what she wants.

Maybe she doesn't throw the first punch, but Sam's constantly been an instigator, and is a different kind of toxic person who uses guilt-tripping, gaslighting and her status to get what she wants, action which have been the driving source of most of the conflict for all four seasons.

...y'know, besides many of the characters being literal children that don't talk to each other.

She was also a gleeful part of the breaking of Dimitri's arm.
    Then Hawk actually broke it.

At least call out the misdemeanors where they happened, such as punching holes into Sam's arm - after being gaslit at work at a minimum wage job she has to work as the provider of her house, after having to her mind her boyfriend stolen by somebody who is her dramatic foil - and the aforementioned home invasion - John Kreese amplifying things because he is, after all, the villain.

Having a sad backstory doesn't give one carte blanche to be a violent sociopath. And you're right, the same goes for Robbie. They're both insufferable asses who blame everyone else to try and justify their terrible actions.
    And I'm saying she's not exactly Injustice Harley Quinn here. Corba Kai is silly, but the characters are a bit more complex than you're giving them credit for.

Except Dimitri. He has been consistently cringe, his actor has a gift for gangling and gawking.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Spider-Uzi

Spider Uzi

Does whatever a Spider Gun does

Perforates, yes it can

Will you live? Sorry, man

Look Out

Here comes the Spider Gun
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Spider-Uzi

Spider Uzi

Does whatever a Spider Gun does

Perforates, yes it can

Will you live? Sorry, man

Look Out

Here comes the Spider Gun

Public Menace!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

I have now finished Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139..., including the new ending that wasn't in the initial release of the game. It is a bleak yet oddly uplifting game, as expected of Yoko Taro. The four repeat playthroughs of the second half do get a bit repetitive (even with a few new scenes tossed in here and there), but the final ending is well worth it all I think.

Saw Don't Look Up yesterday. It's depressing and hilarious at the same time so I enjoyed it.

Another manga classic is getting the anime remake treatment in 2022. This time it's Urusei Yatsura.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Another manga classic is getting the anime remake treatment in 2022. This time it's Urusei Yatsura.

Oh wow, that might be very interesting.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I do like this picture.... ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

That would be nice.

I wonder if they'd follow the storylines Toyotaro's been writing in the manga or do their own thing.

If it does come out and comes out in fall or winter that anime season will be pretty packed for me between My Hero Academia season 6, the new Bleach anime and possibly this. That would be fun.

EDIT: Please ignore.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 01-05-2022 at 12:33 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Very odd to read a semi-realistic fight manga and then have someone supposedly have made it through 10 000 fights with no losses.

It's not the 'no losses' part that bugs me. It's the '10 000 fights'.

I mean...if you fight for 10 years, that's 1000 full-contact, no rules fights every year. Which means ~3 every day (with holidays). Nobody can do that, not for one year much less 10 years straight.

If you fight for 20 years, that's 1-2 full-contact, no rules fights every day. That's even worse.

I think we all know that 30 years at 1 fight a day, roughly, is utterly ridiculous.

Yeeesh (though maybe translation error, don't know).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I do like this picture.... ^_^
    Never underestimate Gandalf, the Tabby.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Love incidents like this lol

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie