Page 556 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 5645650654655255355455555655755855956056660665610561556 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 36875
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    And now there's another one;

this **** ain't funny. my mom has a messed up stomach. this kind of stuff could send her to the hospital. or worse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    One Piece: Team Prison Break is prepared to get the prisoners on their side, though Big Mom is unaccounted for. Also, Kiku is revealed to be a man (though a woman at heart).
    Last we saw of Big Mom she'd been caught (because she was asleep) and was being dragged to get tied up with seastone and generally secured so that she doesn't **** up everyone who isn't Kaido.

And we get to finally meet Kawamatsu properly. He seems cool.
    My Hero Academia: We learn more about Tomura's past, his abilities grow, and Gigantomachia appears to engage in a monster mash against Re-Destro.
    Shigaraki seems to have reached some kind of breakthrough in his jumbled memories. I wonder if it'll give him a more clearly defined purpose or simply reaffirm his dedication to tearing down the hero society.

Really looking forward to what Gigantomachia can do.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I just think Weiss' new look is an over designed mess that has none of the imple elgence of her other two looks. Ruby's would be good if it wasn't for the bafling decision to give her spikey hair.
    I kinda get what you mean by over-designed. But that's mainly compared to her previous outfits. I'm willing to see her in some more elaborate stuff. And I don't really think that Ruby's hair will be all that spikey when the season begins. It's probably just for this cool looking shot.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    this **** ain't funny. my mom has a messed up stomach. this kind of stuff could send her to the hospital. or worse.
    Just goes to show just how little people care these days. As long as they get views and ad revenue, everyone else can get fucked. SMH
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The fact that they show their faces and go into public spaces should make it easy to track them down and prosecute them.

and just like that, my respect for "extra credits" has taken a nosedive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The fact that they show their faces and go into public spaces should make it easy to track them down and prosecute them.
    The person who started this idiotic trend faces 20 years in lockup. Won't be long before these other two dumbasses get the same.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I think I know what you're talking about.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

What happened?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

What happened?
    they posted a vid that basically said "if you play a nazi or a terrorist in a game, then you will become a nazi or a terrorist in real life".

Extraordinary Member

they posted a vid that basically said "if you play a nazi or a terrorist in a game, then you will become a nazi or a terrorist in real life".
    No, they didn't. I watched that video, and you're completely misrepresenting it.

The points they made were

1. Any games where it's possible to play a Nazi/Terrorist in multiplayer matches should give the player the option to opt out of being a Nazi/Terrorist, and that a player should never be forced to play a Nazi/Terrorist by Random chance

2. That if a game has Nazis/Terrorists as playable, they should not be interchangeable for the other factions. The basic immorality and evilness of those factions should be made clear, as otherwise there is a great risk of Normalization, IE turning Nazis from being something that is repulsive on a gut level to something that is merely edgy, which makes those players more vulnerable to the recruitment methods that those groups employ

3. That the "Accuracy to history" defense does not fly if you've made other changes to suit gameplay purposes, such as designing a map to be enjoyable instead of faithfully recreating the locale.

Finally, Extra Credits is almost never talking to Players. It's a series targeted towards Game Designers

Extraordinary Member

That's not exactly what they said.

It's more that by making nazis or terrorists playable characters and randomly placing players in those roles (during multiplayer) without providing historical and cultural context the game is aiding in the normalization of nazis and terrorists.

I do think that it is an interesting topic in and of itself. But the way they go about it does infantilize players and seems to assume that most of them don't know said context and are super easily influced by such. That has rubbed A LOT of their viewers the wrong way. For good reason, it was a way to wide sweeping statement. Granted, there are probably stupid and easily influced people playing games that one should look out for in regards to all this, but the discussion requires a deeper approach than a 5 minute youtube video.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, they didn't. I watched that video, and you're completely misrepresenting it.

The points they made were

1. Any games where it's possible to play a Nazi/Terrorist in multiplayer matches should give the player the option to opt out of being a Nazi/Terrorist, and that a player should never be forced to play a Nazi/Terrorist by Random chance

2. That if a game has Nazis/Terrorists as playable, they should not be interchangeable for the other factions. The basic immorality and evilness of those factions should be made clear, as otherwise there is a great risk of Normalization, IE turning Nazis from being something that is repulsive on a gut level to something that is merely edgy, which makes those players more vulnerable to the recruitment methods that those groups employ

3. That the "Accuracy to history" defense does not fly if you've made other changes to suit gameplay purposes, such as designing a map to be enjoyable instead of faithfully recreating the locale.

Finally, Extra Credits is almost never talking to Players. It's a series targeted towards Game Designers
    i watched it too and i found it very condensing and insulting.

and it doesn't make them look all that good with how some people working for the channel have been responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's not exactly what they said.

It's more that by making nazis or terrorists playable characters and randomly placing players in those roles (during multiplayer) without providing historical and cultural context the game is aiding in the normalization of nazis and terrorists.

I do think that it is an interesting topic in and of itself. But the way they go about it does infantilize players and seems to assume that most of them don't know said context and are super easily influced by such. That has rubbed A LOT of their viewers the wrong way. For good reason, it was a way to wide sweeping statement. Granted, there are probably stupid and easily influced people playing games that one should look out for in regards to all this, but the discussion requires a deeper approach than a 5 minute youtube video.
    if that is what they were going for, they didn't do a good job of it, IMO.