Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    She's got a point Centora. You gotta step up your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

I'll agree with that. Things like those, Black Panther putting Surfer in an armbar and SMvFL are all pretty much in the same tier of shitty writing with no thought for the characters.

Lightweight.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Megalomania Time!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yeah, the Vanity Fair article was fun, between that, one of the WB executives admitting that they knew Josstice League was "a piece of sh*t" (I enjoyed it somewhat at the time, but I can't rewatch it these days), and Deborah Snyder and Christopher Nolan telling Zack that he should never watch the theatrical cut .

EDIT: I forgot that Snyder also wanted to have a romantic subplot between Bruce Wayne and Lois Lane (remember, he almost killed her dead boyfriend a few months before ). WB was like "hell no".
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 02-22-2021 at 04:35 PM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Reading All-Rounder Meguru.

Discounting the (once in 12 chapters) lamentable sexism, the series is pretty good (once in 12 chapters is okay for manga). MMA/Shooto/Kickboxing stuff, and clearly the author either has an advisor or has done some study themselves. Amusingly, there's a highly skilled, naturally talented pure kickboxer who is utterly convinced they can basically 'strike a grappler and win before they can grab me' in an MMA match. So the author basically has them get absolutely schooled by the kickboxing coach in a practice match, who is at best a middlingly-decent grappler. Again. And again. And again.

Once the 'meh' grappler gets their hands on the kickboxer, the kickboxer gets manhandled and choked or locked out.

This dovetails nicely with reality.

Edit - later has a decent grappler go against someone with tons of experience and get manhandled as well, buuuut...the following triangle choke makes the guy think "I can't breathe!" which is kinda....not how triangle chokes work. Weird.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-23-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Main character - in a BJJ class - just got taken down and locked out by 'a girl 20 kg lighter'. Yeah, suck it up and practice, buddy, skill can make a huge difference.

The author then comments on how 'but she has no stamina, and gasses out after a match.' I'm starting to think some of this is based on the author's own experiences, and that's something he has seen - a small woman in a BJJ class who CAN beat less-skilled men, but he feels 'had no stamina'.

Wonder if he ever considered that her stamina is fine, but she gasses out because she's giving up 44 lbs on everyone she fights?

Thoughts that come to me reading this manga.

Edit: Cripes, some of the throws are BEAUTIFULLY illustrated.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-23-2021 at 10:55 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I admit, Mechwarrior Online has its ups and downs for me...But I seem to enjoy myself making regretful choices getting crappy mechs and doing what I can not to suck.

Wish they had that for Xbox 1....

Continuing the amusement with All-Rounder Meguru. Central character has a big fight against a respectable opponent, they both give it their all, ends in a slugfest between them, basically whaling on each other, that the central character wins.

Central character is all happy about it, then his coach gives him **** for how he won.

[Coach] "It's not matching your opponent's spirit, and giving each other your all, but breaking their spirit and shutting them down."

Whoo! None of that particular manga trope here! ^_^
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Wish they had that for Xbox 1....

Continuing the amusement with All-Rounder Meguru. Central character has a big fight against a respectable opponent, they both give it their all, ends in a slugfest between them, basically whaling on each other, that the central character wins.

Central character is all happy about it, then his coach gives him **** for how he won.

[Coach] "It's not matching your opponent's spirit, and giving each other your all, but breaking their spirit and shutting them down."

Whoo! None of that particular manga trope here! ^_^

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Anybody know the song here?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

turns out one of the many many board games i own has a RPG with it.

hopefully, i can get the book in time for my oldest nephew's birthday

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

And...Apparently Tiger Woods is in the hospital in serious condition after a car crash.

Didn't expect that in the news today.

Helstrom is very interesting.

Really not Disney. But interesting.

I’m still only on Episode 2, but I’m impressed so far.