Page 183 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 831331731791801811821831841851861871932332836831183 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 36884
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    In very short, without much comment because I'm aware we have something of a soft ban on politics.

Theresa May, current Prime Minister, unveiled her Brexit Agreement to the house and it is dead on arrival because it is terrible. The Brexit Secretary, the preposterously underqualified Dominic Raab, who would have /constructed/ the Agreement immediately resigned saying in his resignation letter that it was because he couldn't support the deal that he just wrote. Secretary of Work and Pensions Ester McVey likewise quit in protest and other cabinet members are apparently considering it.

There then followed an absolutely savage round of PMQs which I'm still watching now. Press on both sides are likewise ripping the deal apart because no one likes it.

Tory Backbenchers have begun submitting letters of no confidence in the PM and, should enough do so, there will be a leadership contest in the Tory party. If the Tories aren't able to agree on a clear winner of said leadership contest by majority vote then that automatically triggers a general election which will be... hooo boy a lot.

And the Brexit deadline looms ever closer. Lot of minsters are calling for a People's Vote on the issue, which I am in favour of.

It's been a hell of a day.
    i'm not gonna pretend i understand anything about UK politics but that sounds like a mess, nik.

Okay, so you know it's going to go well when Theresa starts talking, and what she has to say gets laughed at.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Is Brexit a done deal then? It has to happen?
    Also unless I'm mistaken, they leave the EU, March 29th, 2019.

EDIT: seems like Nik clarified and ... huh. Why are they even pushing for this.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That is ... certainly a hell of a lot to happen politically, in one day.

I need to find those PMQ's.

EDIT: Pretty sure I found it, it's over four hours.
    Actually, the length of the PMQs is only a paltry three hours long, the video has a lot of pointless waiting around for like an hour and ten at the start. It's still a heck of a lot, hence why I'm still going through it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Is Brexit a done deal then? It has to happen?
    Honestly, that's an area for some debate.

The original referendum is not a legally binding document or edict. It was an advisory referendum but it was a hot button issue so it had a ton of clout.

Theresa May, who became Prime Minister by essentially being the only person not significant enough to warrant being included in the frenzy of political stabbing that went on after the previous Prime Minister resigned over the results of the referendum not going the way he wanted, triggered Article 50 which is the piece of legislation that begins the two year countdown until the our exit from the EU becomes law.

Article 50 can be extended or even reversed, it is merely a countdown - a burning fuse if you will, that can be put out before it goes off in March next year.

The problem is that there has to be political impetus for it to happen. A way to do this would be a People's Vote on Brexit, the terms of it or whether it should happen at all, but the Prime Minister is not willing to do that because she will be immediately ousted by the pro-Brexit wing within her own party which triggers the leadership contest mentioned in my previous post and throws everything into further chaos.

It is a completely wild situation.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'm not gonna pretend i understand anything about UK politics but that sounds like a mess, nik.
    We are, and in fact have been for quite some time, in completely uncharted political waters.

Actually, the length of the PMQs is only a paltry three hours long, the video has a lot of pointless waiting around for like an hour and ten at the start. It's still a heck of a lot, hence why I'm still going through it XD
    Yea not sure what that was. Skipped to the start. Though as I pointed out a moment ago... Teresa is not starting strong, I imagine it gets better (worse for her), here.

Arx Inosaan

Yea not sure what that was. Skipped to the start. Though as I pointed out a moment ago... Teresa is not starting strong, I imagine it gets better (worse for her), here.
    It is a really rough one. I mean, I don't feel too sorry for Theresa May, she is responsible for a whole bunch of dank **** in my country from her time both as Home Secretary and as Prime Minister but it's still unpleasant to see her going through the wringer this much.

It is a really rough one. I mean, I don't feel too sorry for Theresa May, she is responsible for a whole bunch of dank **** in my country from her time both as Home Secretary and as Prime Minister but it's still unpleasant to see her going through the wringer this much.
    I don't know too much about Theresa pre-Brexit, but from what I've seen since, and what I understand of the process -- which I'll admit is likely a fair lot less than you -- I can't say I have much in the way of sympathy for her; but can certainly admit from where I'm listening ... she probably doesn't deserve to be flayed alive to this degree.

Meanwhile, on this side of the pond, I feel our 'leader' could use it.

Which is about as far as I'll go in expressing any political notions, what with the general opinion of such comments hereabouts.

Arx Inosaan

I don't know too much about Theresa pre-Brexit, but from what I've seen since, and what I understand of the process -- which I'll admit is likely a fair lot less than you -- I can't say I have much in the way of sympathy for her; but can certainly admit from where I'm listening ... she probably doesn't deserve to be flayed alive to this degree.

Meanwhile, on this side of the pond, I feel our 'leader' could use it.

Which is about as far as I'll go in expressing any political notions, what with the general opinion of such comments hereabouts.
    Indeed, no more politics methinks. XD

How 'bout that Funimation and CrunchyRoll merger splitting up, eh? My subscription to CrunchyRoll is depreciated in value rather swiftly.

How 'bout that Funimation and CrunchyRoll merger splitting up, eh? My subscription to CrunchyRoll is depreciated in value rather swiftly.
    Wait what ?

*checks*

Oh.

It's cuz of Sony.

Yea, I mean ... from what I understand the changes Sony is making aren't, well, the wisest ? Heard rumbling of removing VN's from the Playstation market and forcing what remains to he heavily censored. In addition to several other moves to 'westernize', at which point ... well.

Arx Inosaan

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Update.

Nik, holy **** that was rough. I do actually feel bad for Theresa, but props to her for keeping composure.

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia is still on Crunchyroll. So for the moment I'm happy with just that until we get an official list of what series will be affected, or has a list already come out and I've missed it.

Extraordinary Member

I have an inexplicable desire to see Escanor fight Broly. Like, It's a complete stomp, but I want one of those fight animations on youtube to throw plausibility to the wind and just have them go monster at each other

Florida, a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Florida, a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
    I went to Florida a few months ago. I had a blast.