Page 523 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 2342347351351952052152252352452552652753357362310231523 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 36875

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What?

He just challenged a hungry Big Mom to a fight over a snack.

What part of that sentence except every single bit of it was a bad move?

Seriously though, Queen got stomped. Though he might still get up next chapter. I kinda hope he does. Kaido's top crew is a bit lacking in quality showings so far.
    Yeah, so far the Samurai and Supernova under his command have come across as a bit more impressive. Though, I guess King did dive over and wreck her entire crew in one fell swoop, earlier.

Extraordinary Member

I just watched pacific rim 2 tonight. All things considered, I liked it a lot

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I just watched pacific rim 2 tonight. All things considered, I liked it a lot
    We watched that film for my podcast.

I agree, it's not bad overall. It's not a patch on the original and definitely feels like it was written by committee but it's still a lot of fun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Yeah, so far the Samurai and Supernova under his command have come across as a bit more impressive. Though, I guess King did dive over and wreck her entire crew in one fell swoop, earlier.
    They're not without good showings (Jack lasting for several days against the minks and King's devastating sneak attack on Big Mom's ship). But they've also had a few more defeats this "early" on in an arc than we're used to (Jack getting one shotted Zunisha and this encounter might end really badly for Queen).

So they're not exactly losers or anything. But I'd still like to see them show why they're so high ranked in a yonkou crew.

Extraordinary Member

They're not without good showings (Jack lasting for several days against the minks and King's devastating sneak attack on Big Mom's ship). But they've also had a few more defeats this "early" on in an arc than we're used to (Jack getting one shotted Zunisha and this encounter might end really badly for Queen).

So they're not exactly losers or anything. But I'd still like to see them show why they're so high ranked in a yonkou crew.
    Queen did slap aside a hit from Luffy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Queen did slap aside a hit from Luffy
    And I did say that they're not devoid of good showings. I'm just not going to count up each individual showing for each part of the equation.

Yea see.

Pacific Rim is cool and all, but it's no Godzilla: King of the Monsters.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Looks generic but fun. But it's on Xbox so no for me.

Not because I dislike the Xbox consoles or anything. I just don't own one and have no intention of owning one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea see.

Pacific Rim is cool and all, but it's no Godzilla: King of the Monsters.
    King of the Monsters should be doing way better than it is. It is everything I ever wanted in a giant monster movie, even more so than Pacific Rim was everything I ever wanted in a giant robot movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    King of the Monsters should be doing way better than it is. It is everything I ever wanted in a giant monster movie, even more so than Pacific Rim was everything I ever wanted in a giant robot movie.
    Honestly King of The Monsters is proof that adudiances and critics don't allways want the same thing, sinc the vast majority of people have gone to see the movie really liked it. While it's far from impossible to understand why critics disliked it, most their reviews carried a tone of looking down their noses at kaiju movies and people who enjoy that genre.

I rairly say **** you critics, but I think this might be a case were it's warented.

Not because I dislike the Xbox consoles or anything. I just don't own one and have no intention of owning one.
    Same here. I own a PS4 and Switch, but no Xbox console aside from the 360 and I don't feel compelled to buy an Xbox One anytime soon.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

It’s on PS4 too. Some games they just show on Xbox first.

Capcom did the same thing with Devil May Cry 5 last year.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    It’s on PS4 too. Some games they just show on Xbox first.

Capcom did the same thing with Devil May Cry 5 last year.
    Ahh.

That's good then.