Extraordinary Member

Ok so we now know what Unohana's bankai does... kinda.

It's not explicitly explained. But we do actually get to see her use it against Kenpachi.

spoilers:
    It covers her blade and the area they're fighting in with blood. The blood is used to instantly heal her wounds and for long range attacks, seems like she can unleash several slashes and the same time with it. Depending on if one interprets the bit where they've both been reduced to bones as literal then the healing capabilities of this bankai are quite nuts.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I just read a sequence of Batman reentering Earth from orbit in nothing but his normal batsuit and oxygen mask, crashed, and...Is not instant sauce in a crater.

....What.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I just read a sequence of Batman reentering Earth from orbit in nothing but his normal batsuit and oxygen mask, crashed, and...Is not instant sauce in a crater.

....What.
    You know the keto diet? He's been on the opposite of that. Built up just enough fat to cushion his fall, and also burn up during reentry to bring him back to full fitness as he stands back up.

"Now wait one minute," you might say, "How would the fat protect him if it already burned up on re-entry?"

To which I say, "Prep Time."

And to which you might say, "That doesn't answer the question at all--"

But by then, you've noticed I'm already running away with my arm in front of my face as though I were wearing a cape.

True story.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

....What.
    I mean if he threw open his cape and held it out for most of the fall and used it as a parachute that would be within the realm of physics right? At least no sillier than what most comic book dudes do.

You'd probably need to wait until you got into thick enough atmosphere to hold you up, but that's nothing that can't be calculated by the World's Greatest Detective.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

....What.

....WHATCHA--!!

Extraordinary Member

....What.
    If I recall that sequence correctly, he spent most of that fall slowing himself down so he wouldn't get pasted

EDIT:

Okay, double checked. He's using his Cape as a parachute for the majority of it.
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 12-12-2022 at 08:39 PM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

My Hero Academia Live-Action Movie Heads to Netflix with Obi-Wan Writer
    https://www.escapistmagazine.com/my-...bi-wan-kenobi/
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

So, Sonic Frontiers sold over 2.5M copies in a month after its release(which makes it the highest grossing 3D Sonic title since the original SA). See Sega, these are the results you get when you don't press your game developmen studio to produce a new Sonic game every two years.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'm starting to believe that Netflix is using these movies as a money laundering scheme.
    Last edited by Crunkula; 12-12-2022 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Take a bet if they try to copy Marvel or DC's movie format.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

....What.
    I mean... we all know that Batman can breathe in space.

....What.
    My Forum check it out

I realized something when reviewing Full Metal Alchemist's finale for the umpteenth time. I haven't been giving Hohenheim enough credit.

spoilers:
    Hohenheim secures his victory conditions three episodes before the final episode. I've always really loved Hohenheim's plan in Episode 61. Father intends to use the mystical effects of the sun's corona combined with a manually dug alchemy circle during a solar eclipse to activate his transmutation circle when the gates to the heavens open up so he can essentially absorb FMA's version of God as well as the souls of tens of millions of people of Amestris so he will have the power to trap and wield said entity. Hohenheim uses the moon's shadow in that very same eclipse to create his own equally-sized alchemy circle and partially negate Father's spell, forcing the return of the stolen souls to the people of Amestris. Without those souls, Father cannot continue to contain FMA God and is on the clock from then onwards. Father then desperately makes his way to the surface trying to consume as many souls as possible to salvage his plan.

I didn't give enough Hohenheim credit for in this situation because:

(a) He was still significantly below Father's power level and would have died pretty quickly if not for the other protagonists of the story progressing through Father's conspiracy wildly beyond any reasonable expectations.

(b) Father would then have been free to recover enough souls to complete his plan anyway.

But now I realize two other things:

(a) Hohenheim had a deathwish for 99% of the series. He did set out on his journey with the objective of being able to grow old and die with his family, but after Trisha died and his boys grew up he didn't really care if he survived his plan;

(b) It is exceedingly unlikely Father would have been able to secure enough souls quickly enough to salvage his plan. He had spent an incredible amount of time arranging events such that he could absorb about 50 million souls (according to Roy Mustang) at once over an incredibly large nation area. Without this circle, he could only hope to absorb souls one at a time in person while going on a rampage. People are not helpless and Father would have encountered considerable resistance from the now-aware military - most of them weren't in on the conspiracy and even those that were didn't sign up to get soul sucked (tricked with promises of immortality). Said resistance would force Father to use his philosopher's stone powers, further depleting reserves used to keep FMA God in check that much longer. After escaping to the surface, Father takes maybe 20 minutes of real-world time to die. Even with perhaps a less concerted resistance effort as one might reasonably expect without the heroics of people like the Elric brothers, Briggs soldiers and Roy Mustang's faction, Father was not going to make up 50 million souls before running out of juice. More people might have died before Father went down, but Father was almost-certainly going down.

Hohenheim planned his counter around facts that would inevitably occur during Father's own plan. He spent years laying the meticulous groundwork for said counter-plan to work. By the time Hohenheim confronted Father and got his ass kicked in a toe to toe fight, he had already beaten Father, Father just didn't know it yet. Hohenheim really had a thought-through, big-brain plan.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 12-13-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

it's [spoil] for spoiler tags btw