Page 31 of 2464 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541811315311031 ... LastLast
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Beat you to it on the last page, Brucey.

And I've found my new favorite mecha ARPG for this year:

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    the most powerful of the Shajads -- Meseguis
    Cease this foul slander.

Good job, Azrael...I don't think she's coming back to you, either.
    Now, now, in defense of Azrael they have committed the grave crime of opposing Noble and Magnificent Zemial's Enlightened Plan Toward World Betterment. She just realized that her orders were misguided too late, and overcompensated by punishing her servant for not realizing the mistake when she came across his avatar in person. Unfortunately she's still not fully understanding of the broadness of his ideals, or else she would have realized that there's no need for punishment - no need for things in general, really.

But such is the way with flawed beings. Not many people can truly grasp the full mercy of Zemial's simple yet effective message.
    Last edited by Siriel; 08-21-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Story trailer for SC6
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

So, I'm currently in the planning stages for a web serial where I'm going to homage DnD and other table top franchises, primarily the Fantasy ones. So, a question I have for the veteran Roleplayers here is...

What are the most viscerally terrifying spells in DnD. The kind of spells that, if you saw the guy next to you get hit by one, you'd run for the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, I'm currently in the planning stages for a web serial where I'm going to homage DnD and other table top franchises, primarily the Fantasy ones. So, a question I have for the veteran Roleplayers here is...

What are the most viscerally terrifying spells in DnD. The kind of spells that, if you saw the guy next to you get hit by one, you'd run for the hills.

Glitterdust. You never want to mess with a wizard that uses Glitterdust.
    ~ Previously known as Sound Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Ummm...

If you kill someone with Psychic Scream, their head explodes.
    The Flesh Rot option in the Contagion spell is pretty nasty.
    It’s only basically fire, but Immolation would be quite brutal looking.
    Abi-Dalzim’s Horrid Wilting sucks all the moisture out of multiple people so that’s quite nasty looking.

Even stuff like Maddening Darkness or Arms of Hadar could be pretty freaky.

And a successful Power Word Kill would be terrifying to watch. “Die.” “OK.”

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Anything to flavour of psychic domination. That stuff freaks me out. Nothing worse than being forced to kill your party against your will.

More seriously, yeah, Horrid Wilting is probably a good choice for a classic spell.

Really, it depends on how you sell some of them. Something like Acid Fog, in game terms, just deals damage which is kind of whatever, but in a story you can play it up with how it's fog, that is acid, melting everyone inside it.

Evard's Black Tentacles conjures a field of tentacles that try to grapple everything within, that could really be played up as horrifying. Especially good since if a bunch of dudes are stuck in the tentacles, there's now the sense of dread regarding whatever the followup spell might be...

Honorable mention goes to the fact there's a spell out there called "Rapture of Rupture".
    ~ Previously known as Sound Silence

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Even then, she'd feel better if he had alternates means of defending himself. A bow, a sword or dagger, or
    I getcha. :D

This. I'm not sure how many days have passed since their last training session (I want to say a week or so), so it's not as bad as we may think. Still, she needs to give him a stiff kick to the rear to get him training again. She would train him herself if she wasn't certain he wouldn't be paying more attention to her than what she was trying to tell him. :p
    Training should happen nearly every day (not that it needs to be RP'ed every day). Buuuuut...I see the point.

Tasha...could. She's surprisingly good at training people to FIGHT. People, at least, who have a lot of experience and skill already, she'd be horrible with beginners.

Avelyn could as well. And Ardy is getting along well with Avelyn. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I totally forgot that was Azrael! Yeah, that inverted Tower of God thingy. Thanks for the refresher! You always add lots of excellent flavor to any retelling.
    Hugely appreciated. I try to make things interesting and funny.

Barakiel: This is the puuuuurrrfect dungeon crawl! Love what you've done with the place, my dear.
    Azrael: ...I declare Yihad on myself.
    Make this happen.

*cries*
    Yeah...sorry. :(

Tasha is A - Nominally (see B) heterosexual, and B - for all of that, lacking in much of a sex drive, such things having been subsumed by the corruption of Orochi.

I mean...I'm picturing Tasha actually HAVING sex; it could go one of two ways, and both of them are unpleasant (white space, or oops, emotional overload...).

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Cease this foul slander.
    Okay, your boy Zemial is the most powerful. Mesagius is likely the most powerful of those not locked away by Gaira (ie Zemial). ^_^

Now, now, in defense of Azrael they have committed the grave crime of opposing Noble and Magnificent Zemial's Enlightened Plan Toward World Betterment. She just realized that her orders were misguided too late, and overcompensated by punishing her servant for not realizing the mistake when she came across his avatar in person. Unfortunately she's still not fully understanding of the broadness of his ideals, or else she would have realized that there's no need for punishment - no need for things in general, really.

But such is the way with flawed beings. Not many people can truly grasp the full mercy of Zemial's simple yet effective message.
    Dammit, Siriel; I almost spat coffee all over my keyboard when I read this.

That's a pretty impressive and erudite translation of Zemial's thoughts, on the subject I will admit.

[Zemial] RAAAHGGGHYRAAAAREEEE...PHALRAARRRGHRAAAAAAGGGGH!!! !!!

[Siriel] '...her orders were misguided too late...overcompensated by punishing...'

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Ummm...

If you kill someone with Psychic Scream, their head explodes.
    The Flesh Rot option in the Contagion spell is pretty nasty.
    It’s only basically fire, but Immolation would be quite brutal looking.
    Abi-Dalzim’s Horrid Wilting sucks all the moisture out of multiple people so that’s quite nasty looking.

Even stuff like Maddening Darkness or Arms of Hadar could be pretty freaky.

And a successful Power Word Kill would be terrifying to watch. “Die.” “OK.”
    Pretty much.

Basically 'Other guy has powers you don't have that allow him to kill you at will' is a pretty terrifying thing for most normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Quixotic View Post
    Really, it depends on how you sell some of them.
    Truth.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-22-2018 at 06:45 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Sharp, Siriel; please check Anima.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Sharp, Siriel; please check Anima.
    Will need to do that tonight!

Though, if you're coming back, it might add some needed life to the game!

Alternately, we can all sit around and write character fan-fics together. ^_^ <-- Mostly kidding.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Kingdom: BAAAAAJIIIIOOOOOOO

Okay, your boy Zemial is the most powerful. Mesagius is likely the most powerful of those not locked away by Gaira (ie Zemial). ^_^
    Better.

Dammit, Siriel; I almost spat coffee all over my keyboard when I read this.

That's a pretty impressive and erudite translation of Zemial's thoughts, on the subject I will admit.

[Zemial] RAAAHGGGHYRAAAAREEEE...PHALRAARRRGHRAAAAAAGGGGH!!! !!!

[Siriel] '...her orders were misguided too late...overcompensated by punishing...'
    Bah, more vile propaganda brought about by his opposition trying to stifle his noble message. Zemial is an individual of unrivaled eloquence - so eloquent in fact that he has realized that for the truly enlightened, there's no difference between meaningless screeching and heartfelt speeching. His words are directed not at your ears, but at your heart, much like his sword.