Page 2422 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 142219222322237224122418241924202421242224232424242524262432 ... LastLast
Results 36,316 to 36,330 of 36910
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Yeah, gonna binge on Dr. Slump because that stuff was just as amazing as DB and need some light humor to get through this.

Akira Toriyama (R.I.P.)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

What's going to happen to Dragon ball is it now going to be in the hands of Toyotaro. What is he going to now without Akira's input?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

wow that's just a hammer blow, losing an icon like that defies words

I'm crying right now. This fucking hurts so much.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    What's going to happen to Dragon ball is it now going to be in the hands of Toyotaro. What is he going to now without Akira's input?
    Toyotaro's Super manga is on its last arc in the manga, so who knows. Don't know what this means for Daima or the Sand Land Saga anime either.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-07-2024 at 10:19 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Not a fun thing to wake up to.

Rest in piece to a legend whose influence shaped an entire genre, brought joy and excitement to several generations of fans and inspires artists in all walks of life.

"Move well, study well, play well, eat well, rest well - That is the turtle master way." - Akira Toriyama

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Swiss army nerd

I wonder if Rumbles would even exist without Toriyama. The man's influence simply cannot be overstated. Every account you hear of him from peers paints the picture of a kind, generous and supportive man.

I started watching Dragonball Z when I was my son's age. He got into DB about two years ago and never looked back. It's been a joy to revisit my old favourite with my son, and we read the new manga every month and talk about it. We play the games every week. I told him this morning about Toriyama and he cried. As a fan and a dad, this news is killing me. He was the best.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Rest in piece to a legend whose influence shaped an entire genre, brought joy and excitement to several generations of fans and inspires artists in all walks of life.

"Move well, study well, play well, eat well, rest well - That is the turtle master way." - Akira Toriyama
    I really like that quote. A simple, yet impactful line.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

I know, just woke up and checked the news on my phone....at 68 he still had plenty of years of work ahead of him....RIP Akira Toriyama
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I feel like with Akira now gone Dragon Quest 12 is going to be the last Dragon Quest game done by Yuji Horii.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

RIP
    Aw, hell.

At least he made it to 68, which is a good amount of years.

Fern, just leave her there. It's the only way she'll learn.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Astonishing Member

Sad to hear about Toriyama reminding us of our mortality, I was barely into the series anymore but the influence was undeniable.