So, learned two things from the newest chapter of One Piece.

1: Yamato's devil fruit is the Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Makami

2. You REALLY don't want to eat a SMILE fruit, because you may end up getting the body of a pug. While keeping your human-sized head on it.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

On a far more positive note, I finished Season 3 of Thunderbolt Fantasy.

The short response is; Season 4 when? I would like Season 4 as soon as possible please. What a good show.

The long and spoiler-y version:

spoilers:
    Absolutely cracking season.

Lin getting to pull a genuine multi-layered, illusion-based mass-hustle that worked on the badguys, the secret badguys and his own team all at once literally had me in fits of laughter. Absolutely the highlight of the season. The season introduced, effectively, a much wider conceptual universe and time travel through the Void Junction and used both to great effect. I also liked that we got more of Shang's backstory and more angst for Lang Wu Yao which I'm always a fan of.

Shang and Lin remain absolute boys and their friendship versus their near constant conflict with their respective approaches to solving situations is always fun but nonetheless complimentary.

I also liked how the Order of the Divine Swarm and the Xi You army were written to be sympathetic despite both being notionally villains. Wan Jun Po was a really fun character who walked the line of villain and hero very well and his end was really well done.

Lou Zhen Jie being like "No **** this, turn back into a sword," was pitch perfect and his eventual end was a good one too.
    end of spoilers

If I had some small criticisms... and they are very nitpicky.

spoilers:
    I figured that since we had a whole episode devoted to the concept of the Butterfly Effect, we would see the impact of Zhao Jun Lin leaving Lou Zhen Jie centuries in the past cause some kind of crazy change in the status quo, this was sadly undone by Lin just bringing him back which is simpler and, despite being a great end to that confrontation, wasn't as fun as more time travel bollocks.

I also really wanted Dian Fei and maybe Cai Jun to wield the Holy Spirit Blades in the final battle against Jun Lin. I get that Jun Po needed to have his "ultimately misguided and self destructive heroism moment," to highlight how his compromise on his beliefs had kind of left him a burnt out husk of himself... but... I want Dian Fei to do cool **** and those swords are begging to be used by the sect that has trained to use them.

On the flipside, I wasn't expecting to see Dian Fei at all and she not only showed up but got to do some cool stuff so I can't complain too much.
    end of spoilers

Still, those are small criticisms.

A lot of stuff to be resolved. Season 4 can't come soon enough!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I have once again survived another year on this planet!

Join me for celebrations and non-alcoholic libations!

...that is to say that it's my birthday today. Gonna eat some lunch with the family and then play board games with my friends. Yeay me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Not really a fan of the latest redraw in One Punch Man. Nerfs Orochi, the Serious Move kind of doesn't make any sense and we're definitely committing harder to the whole '"God" is the final boss thing' which I think is one of the weakest parts of the OPM redraw.

Makes it more generic which is not what the series is strong for. You look ahead at where the webcomic is and it's actually quite politically-based at the moment and this god nonsense isn't a factor.
    When you say new redraw do you mean "New Chapter of the Manga version" or "Old chapter of the Manga version got redone"

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Very satisfying chapter of Kengan Omega this week.

Your bullshit assassin magic stuff is no match for solid MMA fundamentals and experience.
    I hope to read this soon.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I have once again survived another year on this planet!

Join me for celebrations and non-alcoholic libations!

...that is to say that it's my birthday today. Gonna eat some lunch with the family and then play board games with my friends. Yeay me. :)
    Happy Birthday, dude - have a great time! :D
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    When you say new redraw do you mean "New Chapter of the Manga version" or "Old chapter of the Manga version got redone"
    The latter. Murata redid the Orochi/Saitama fight and made it less good.

Orochi does not actually appear in the original webcomic.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-30-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yeeeeah, this interview emphasizes that they would've been better off turning this project into a television series than trying to compact a 3-hour game movie (and a 60 issue comic book that leads up to said-game) into an animated feature film.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Thank you for the congratulations.

Had a lot of fun today, even if Forbidden Desert wrecked us multiple times. Probably the most brutal cooperative board game I've played.

And tomorrw I'm gonna DM my second DnD one-shot. That'll be interesting.

Had a lot of fun today, even if Forbidden Desert wrecked us multiple times. Probably the most brutal cooperative board game I've played.

Let us know how that goes!
    Why are we here?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Good luck man!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

*snip Thunderbolt stuff*
    I really really liked spoilers:
    Dan Fei getting to roll in and instantly see through the illusion on her husband because he's holding his sword wrong. The series has done a good job of making her feel like a highly competent warrior priestess whenever it comes to demon stuff, and I'm looking forward to more interaction between her and Night's Lament. Gale's big quadruple (?) cross was fantastic, and I really liked how, on learning about Huo Shi Ming Huang he just looked like he was climaxing at the prospects. Shang had some great **** too; I like how he's not real ruffled by time travel stuff. He's such a good foil for Gale, with them both having really figured out their paths in life to where they're sorta just this side of beyond mortal concern, and being completely different. Where Gale can make a person destroy themselves, Shang is just as good at inspiring them to be their best. Ming Huang came across as a genuinely scary guy too. Seven Blasphemous Deaths talking about Lou Zhen Jie like he's her embarrassing ex that she's not quite over is hilarious.

Also really enjoying how they've now chucked TWO high end demons into space. I'm hoping the magitech dude stuck outside of time comes back, 'cause he was great.
    end of spoilers
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Upon revisiting the Witch: The Subversion the movie has def moved up in my ranking. I think now that I know what to expect the family/non-action stuff hit harder this time for me and it makes the non-family stuff hit harder too.

Also apparently the sequel to it is in post-production now so that's dope
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie