Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Is this bad, or really bad
    Well, THQ Nordic is responsible for Ori and the Blind Forest, and Darksiders. So it's not the worst possible outcome.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, THQ Nordic is responsible for Ori and the Blind Forest, and Darksiders. So it's not the worst possible outcome.
    I had started playing Ori and the Blind Forest and found it to be an excellent game, for what it's worth.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Just found out that Janet Jackson's song Rhythm Nation contained a specific frequency that crashed older laptops because it matched the natural resonance frequency of some hard drives, lmao.

Tech be wild
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Anyone thinking about making an Rpg where the whole system is based on the fundamental forces of the universe ( Strong force, Weak Force, Electromagnetic force, and Gravity)?
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

One Piece:

spoilers:
    A denouement chapter where not much happens beyond Yamato declaration to stay on Wano and travel it first (though Luffy gave him, Kinemon, and Momonosuke a place on the crew anytime they want). He also gives them a flag that declares messing with them is messing with the Straw Hats. Luffy and Law then sail off the edge of Wano because Kid taunts them over it.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Ori and the Blind Forest was developed by Moon Studios and published by Microsoft. I don't think THQ had a hand in that one.

Also, looking into it, the Embracer Group is a lot more than THQ Nordic. They also own Deep Silver, Limited Run Games and Gearbox, to name a few.

Full list here. So it's pretty open as to how they decide to use the rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Black Clover: Y'know, if these leaks turn out to be genuine, it would be the cruelest thing to ever happen to Asta.
    spoilers:
    Julius/Lucius: Hey Asta, tell me something: How could I make your day worse for you? In a single day, you were rejected by your childhood crush and mother figure (creepy btw), found out that the king that you respected and admired was the villain the entire time. I twisted the knife further by revealing that your wins in the previous arc were orchestrated by my manipulating causality to create an outcome where you would prevail because otherwise, you and your friends would've died against my siblings more times than that Subaru kid from Re:Zero. So, how do you imagine that this day could go further down the crapper?

Asta: Uh, I don't know, revealing that Sister Lily was actually your demon accomplice and possible lover this entire time, which would completely destroy me emotionally?

Lucius: Done!

Sister Lily/Lillith: Hello!

Asta: Goddammit, Neo-Aizen! (gets his chest torn open)

Lucius: What, I appreciate the physical matching the metaphorical.
    end of spoilers
    Chapter 334 is out andspoilers:
    I have to amend that statement about Lily. Instead of her becoming a Devil or being revealed that she was always a devil, Lucius used his Soul Magic, which operates similarly to Mahito's Idle Transfiguration, to transform her into what appears to be an Angel and brainwashed her into believing in his idealogy. Lucius also figured out a way to "purify" a Devil's power using Soul Magic, which begs the question if Angels actually do exist in Black Clover (since Lucius insists that they are humanity's perfected form) or if the form he takes on his own ideal interpretation of what humanity should be. Lucius also relies on pure physical attacks to counteract Asta's Anti-Magic, which is a pretty effective tactic since Lucius easily proves that he's the superior fighter and is obviously toying with him. It's also cool seeing that Asta's become skilled enough to summon more than one of his anti-magic swords simultaneously and even dual-wield, given how he would originally summon them one at a time before this timeskip.

It's a damn shame that he got his heart - both figurative and literal - ripped out.
    end of spoilers

Boku no Hero Academia: So, Chapter 363 spoilers:
    seemingly confirms that Bakugou is dead. His pulse is gone and his heart was completely torn to shreds. Unless Deku has gained a new power from OFA that allows him to either reverse time or revive the dead, I think this is it. Some have theorized that Jeanist could utilize his Quirk to manipulate the muscle fibers of Bakugou's heart in order to reconstruct it, but I think that's a stretch. Meanwhile, Dabi has broken free from his imprisonment by copying Shoto's technique and he's barely recognizable at this point with his flames searing away most of his flesh. He then proceeds to flash-fry two of Endeavor's pupils. Skeptic is commencing his own plan to "revolutionize" society by hacking into and cutting off the heroes' communication network. Finally, Endeavor is in the worst possible situation since he's facing off against an AFO who's restored to his prime.
    end of spoilers

In other words, it's looking pretty bleak for BC and BHA this week.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-19-2022 at 04:27 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Ori and the Blind Forest was developed by Moon Studios and published by Microsoft. I don't think THQ had a hand in that one.

Also, looking into it, the Embracer Group is a lot more than THQ Nordic. They also own Deep Silver, Limited Run Games and Gearbox, to name a few.

Full list here. So it's pretty open as to how they decide to use the rights.
    Ori and the Blind Forest (Difinitive Edition) is one of the games THQ Nordic has listed on their site under their "games" tab, not sure why. Wasn't aware Embracer Group owned that many studios though, goodness.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ori and the Blind Forest (Difinitive Edition) is one of the games THQ Nordic has listed on their site under their "games" tab, not sure why.
    Huh... that is very odd.

Moon Studios looks to be still independent as far as I can see. Apparently they are working with a publisher called Private Division on their next game and Private Division is owned by Take Two Interactive who own a ton of studios, including Rockstar.

Can't see why THQ would have that game on their site. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Huh... that is very odd.

Moon Studios looks to be still independent as far as I can see. Apparently they are working with a publisher called Private Division on their next game and Private Division is owned by Take Two Interactive who own a ton of studios, including Rockstar.

Can't see why THQ would have that game on their site. Very odd.
    It was bothering me, so I did a bit of poking around, and it seems that THQ Nordic is apparently the publisher for the Switch version of Ori.

TIL, I guess.

Arx Inosaan

Something pop in my head. Why has there never been magic based strong force and weak force? When looking at fiction it's always gravity and electromagnetism based magics.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-19-2022 at 09:23 AM.
    My Forum check it out

It was bothering me, so I did a bit of poking around, and it seems that THQ Nordic is apparently the publisher for the Switch version of Ori.

TIL, I guess.
    Huh, the more you know, eh?

Dragon Ball Super:

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Something pop in my head. Why has there never been magic based strong force and weak force? When looking at fiction it's always gravity and electromagnetism based magics.
    I guess that sort of magic would probably be used for things like alchemy?