Page 728 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 22862867871872472572672772872973073173273877882812281728 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 36572
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Speaking of which, is the author still stalking critics?
    he did it for my book. so i'd assume so.

on another note, someone actually gave norm's book 5-stars. but it seems he was just paid to give a good review since he got a lot of what happens in the book totally wrong.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So, it was the first debate between the leaders of the two major parties in this election campaign last night.

During the debate, the Conservative party press office Twitter account renamed and rebranded themselves "Fact Check UK" disguising themselves as the verified Twitter account of a non partisan fact checking organisation that actually exists.

This is, I'm sure we can all agree, an entirely cool and normal thing to do and not a indicative of a dystopian slide toward the erosion of truth from our political institutions at all.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-20-2019 at 03:28 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So, it was the first debate between the leaders of the two major parties in this election campaign last night.

During the debate, the Conservative party press office Twitter account renamed and rebranded themselves "Fact Check UK" disguising themselves as the verified Twitter account of a non partisan fact checking organisation that actually exists.

This is, I'm sure we can all agree, an entirely cool and normal thing to do and not a indicative of a dystopian slide toward the erosion of truth from our political institutions at all.
    wat

Okay, I'll take a stab at this kind of crap.

The Province of Alberta recently elected a Conservative Government (huuuuge surprise...not). Said government then decided 'Let's fire the Elections Commissioner'. Why? 'Save costs.'

The Elections Commissioner who is currently investigating the Alberta Provincial Party's Leadership Election for some very, very shady practices during that leadership election. Shady practices on the part of the guy who won. The guy who won being the guy who has just decided to fire him, stating he's 'saving costs'. That same guy who will now appoint a new commissioner, himself, because he's the Premier of Alberta.

This is perfectly normal and ethical, nothing to see here.

Rather surprisingly, it's actually not being ignored. But it remains to be seen if anything comes of it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It's truly a shocking time in terms of how politics everywhere is clearly warping in some troubling directions.

It's truly a shocking time in terms of how politics everywhere is clearly warping in some troubling directions.
    It's mind-blowing.

Politics have ALWAYS been corrupt, of course, but I look at the extent of it these days and the sheer, brazen gall, and...wow.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's mind-blowing.

Politics have ALWAYS been corrupt, of course, but I look at the extent of it these days and the sheer, brazen gall, and...wow.
    A lot of it is just because digital culture makes it much easier to keep track of these things. Corruption and governance have always gone hand in hand, we just know about more of it now.

That said, there are bad and dangerous people who thrive in chaos and they currently smell blood in the water.

A lot of it is just because digital culture makes it much easier to keep track of these things. Corruption and governance have always gone hand in hand, we just know about more of it now.

That said, there are bad and dangerous people who thrive in chaos and they currently smell blood in the water.
    Part of it, for me, is the level of clearly not giving shits about getting caught and expecting to get away with things. Wasn't this way before, it felt.
    Why are we here?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

novella is half finished. hopefully will be done with it by the end of the year.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I watched the first two episodes of The Mandalorian last night. It's pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, but it kept my attention.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Huh, looking back the Bad Boys manga. Damn, was the early stuff really choppy to read. O_o

Just watched Donald Trump attempt to shut down Ambassador Sondland's testimony by reading from a legal pad and saying, "we want nothing" in regards a conversation leading up to the quid pro quo where he in fact, said no such thing and in fact wanted Ukraine to investigate a potential political rival for the 2020 election.

I think we got ya beat, Nik, and Sharp.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Just watched Donald Trump attempt to shut down Ambassador Sondland's testimony by reading from a legal pad and saying, "we want nothing" in regards a conversation leading up to the quid pro quo where he in fact, said no such thing and in fact wanted Ukraine to investigate a potential political rival for the 2020 election.

I think we got ya beat, Nik, and Sharp.
    Oh, no question. For now.

Trump's speech.jpg
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I watched the first two episodes of The Mandalorian last night. It's pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, but it kept my attention.
    Going to try this when I actually get Disney. I like Star Wars but don't like Jedi, so this is right up my alley.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh, no question. For now.

Trump's speech.jpg
    That image, sadly, is probably closer to the truth than the meme ... and if you tell me it's real I swear I'm moving when I'm back from Texas, lol.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

A new chapter in the DBS manga is out.

Gohan actually gets a cool fight where he dominates his opponent largely by being more skilled. Then he gets walloped by Moro's energy drain, which is starting to get real boring as far as techniques go.

But there is some interesting developments in other parts as Whis visits his father to discuss Merus.