Page 511 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 1141146150150750850951051151251351451552156161110111511 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 36799

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I don't know. Probably the same person that turned Lucifer into a buddy cop show.
    We don't talk about Lucifer.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    hey. i happened to like lucifer. especially that ep with him and the priest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest: So, the truth finally comes out. I can understand your lack of confidence, Gray, but don't procrastinate forever.
    They are definitely leaning more into the shipping/romance stuff with this series. It'll be interesting to see how that all develops.

Though I'm worried now that Juvia has appeared considering the state of Fairy Tail last time we saw her.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    My mum really likes it.

It's a bit trashy but it's otherwise harmless.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    I took part in an international Savate Open last Saturday. In Savate, you have two types of confrontations:
    -the assaut, basically light contact, with an aesthetic component (e.g. land several kicks without putting the foot back on the ground). It is still a confrontation, however, involving tactics, footwork, and there are no interruptions to count points.
    -Combat, which is full contact, you'll find much less double kicks, obviously.

Three rounds, I won round 1 and 3(this one thanks to a high kick). As for what I have to improve:
    -more double kicks (though I can live with that)
    -chassés (regrouping side kicks and front kicks here) that are thrown from too far. I think it is due to one of the main difficulties I have with Savate, which is that the leg has to be fully extended when the kick lands, and it has to land with the foot (kicking with the tibia can land you penalties).
    -I need to improve my footwork as well.
    Pretty awesome, man. Footwork is always something that needs improvement, so no worries there. It's good that you have an idea where you're going and what you want to work on.

I really like Savate. I wouldn't have minded trying it in my younger days, but there was nothing like that around here. Some good kickboxing, that.

It was a good learning experience, both probably for future competitions, and for my Jeet Kune Do training (where I don't have to hold back as much regarding power, even if it's encouraged, for obvious health reasons) .
    No kidding.

Yeah, holding back isn't a bad idea, especially because...it gets hard on the training partners, really. ^_^ Which can get hard on oneself, as well.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...When Bad Boys gets good, it really does.

Minor spoiler...It doesn't end well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

...When Bad Boys gets good, it really does.

Minor spoiler...It doesn't end well.
    ...are you sure that's not a missing scene from Yu Yu Hakusho?

Those guys look like beefier versions of Yusuke and Kuwabara.

...are you sure that's not a missing scene from Yu Yu Hakusho?

Those guys look like beefier versions of Yusuke and Kuwabara.
    Nah, it's Bad Boys. Been reading it for quite some time.

...But totally get what you mean.

Extraordinary Member

I'd argue that Pikachu is more of a staple in the Nintendo trio than Samus. By quite a stretch too.
    Oh he is, but he's not really grouped with them in the same way. Goku is unquestionably bigger than Ichigo, but he ain't in the Trio

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    My mum really likes it.

It's a bit trashy but it's otherwise harmless.
    Psst.... Don’t tell anyone but I actually enjoy it. I mean, I don’t try and pretend it’s the Vertigo version of Lucifer, which is probably why I enjoy it, but I do.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Psst.... Don’t tell anyone but I actually enjoy it. I mean, I don’t try and pretend it’s the Vertigo version of Lucifer, which is probably why I enjoy it, but I do.
    i enjoy it and i never read the vertigo comic.

and i still say that the father frank ep was a brilliant piece of TV

Bad Boys: ...Well damn. Apparently Danno is that stupid tough if he managed to survive one of delinquent manga's kryptonites, the truck.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    This is the thing. It's emphatically not the comics, it's doing its own thing.

If it was just a bad adaptation I'd be much more dismissive of it but it's not trying to be the comics at all so it's fine.

Also, I'm very excited by the prospect of Death Stranding, ergo:

Extraordinary Member

Die-Hardman is the best Kojima name sense Hot Coldman