Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The more recent MechaGodzilla Deathbattle indicates that Godzilla no longer falls under compsoite rules (Though that may be because the MechaGodzillas are more distinct from each other)
    That is true. Each of the MechaGodzillas are very distinct from version to version, and unlike Godzilla each version has a set, unchanging backstory for that era's version (Showa MechaG was built by alien apemen and originally disguised as Godzilla, Heisei MechaG was built by humans from technology left after Godzilla's battle against MechaKing Ghidorah, and Millennium MechaG was built around the skeleton of the original Godzilla and nicknamed Kiryuu.)

Godzilla on the other hand, as I said, has origins that vary from "era" to "era" and even movie to movie. Like how in the Millennium era, Godzilla had roughly three different backstories. Godzilla Millennium, vs. Megaguirus, and Final Wars seem to indicate he had the basic "created by nuclear radiation in the 40s/50s that's been running around ever since" backstory, GMK: Giant Monsters All Out Attack has a "he was defeated in the original movie but brought back to life by the restless souls of those killed by the Japanese military in WW II at the start of the movie" backstory, and the Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla and Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S had a "The original Godzilla was defeated in the original movie and this new Godzilla is unrelated to him" backstory.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, the Millennium era did have most of their films in a separate continuity, unlike the previous eras.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    My brother has a German Shepard, if they want out it takes a whole lot more fence than that to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    To be fair, the Millennium era did have most of their films in a separate continuity, unlike the previous eras.
    Yeah that era made majority of things a stand alone thing. I thought Godzilla from vs Mega was the same as Mechagodzilla and SOS though? ( Footage of 54 rampage was with newer Godzilla model by as a gag that Godzilla is a species.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah that era made majority of things a stand alone thing. I thought Godzilla from vs Mega was the same as Mechagodzilla and SOS though? ( Footage of 54 rampage was with newer Godzilla model by as a gag that Godzilla is a species.)
    No, only MechaGodzilla and Tokyo SOS were in the same continuity as each other, though most of them had Godzilla 1954 as canon to their verse, sometimes with alterations

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That is true. Each of the MechaGodzillas are very distinct from version to version, and unlike Godzilla each version has a set, unchanging backstory for that era's version (Showa MechaG was built by alien apemen and originally disguised as Godzilla, Heisei MechaG was built by humans from technology left after Godzilla's battle against MechaKing Ghidorah, and Millennium MechaG was built around the skeleton of the original Godzilla and nicknamed Kiryuu.)

Godzilla on the other hand, as I said, has origins that vary from "era" to "era" and even movie to movie. Like how in the Millennium era, Godzilla had roughly three different backstories. Godzilla Millennium, vs. Megaguirus, and Final Wars seem to indicate he had the basic "created by nuclear radiation in the 40s/50s that's been running around ever since" backstory, GMK: Giant Monsters All Out Attack has a "he was defeated in the original movie but brought back to life by the restless souls of those killed by the Japanese military in WW II at the start of the movie" backstory, and the Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla and Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S had a "The original Godzilla was defeated in the original movie and this new Godzilla is unrelated to him" backstory.
    It'll be interesting to see how they handle the big G if they ever bring him up in Death Battle again.

Because a composite Godzilla could now also include the crazy big Godzilla: Earth version and the generally bonkers version that tore through Hell.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    If it's good, it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I did. Matter of fact, I watched a video on them just this morning. It was the one where they were on the beach trying to expel their dark energy, I guess. When he body-checked one poor lady, that's when I checked out.
    Yellow Bamboo, yeah...someone from Rec.martialarts (a pretty toxic place back in the day) challenged them to prove their 'chi blasting' business, and actually flew down to...Australia, I think? to meet with them. Anyway, it did not go so well on that beach for Yellow Bamboo.

Clearly a case of the people practicing actually believing the hype, and basically brainwashing each other into thinking it works (and, amazingly, it does when they do it to each other).

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I'll start out by saying it looks really, really nice. But, am I the ONLY one that longs for a return to turn-based, full party combat systems? Where I got to have a team of people and they all had cool powers and I could pick which ones they used?

It wasn't just "Spam attack or teleport until the thing dies while the rest of your party does whatever".
    Oooo, me! Probably unpopular opinion, but gimme the Active Time Battle system from FF XIII and I'm a happy guy!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Gosu.

Yep, it's that bad.

spoilers:
    Ryong is now casually murdering Hebi like it's a joke. All drama destroyed.
    end of spoilers

I realize it's just a lead-in to another plot, but still. Bleah.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Last edited by Tami; 09-23-2020 at 06:31 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Has Squirrel Girl ever gone up against Beast Boy? It seems like too obvious a matchup not to have been done at least once.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I know. Sad day.

Say hi to Hawk in wrestling heaven, Animal.

And then hit someone with a Doomsday Device.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel