Page 673 of 2448 FirstFirst ... 17357362366366967067167267367467567667768372377311731673 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 36716
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

max really like doggie.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Right...And the Rocks Pirates were active for only two years composed of people who hated each other to boot, probably implying they only worked together because of Rocks himself being the strongest.

...Like jeez, how powerful was this dude? O_o
    As MoR said, powerful enough that Garp and Roger basically pulled an "enemy mine" to take him out and that Garp actually protected the Celestial Dragons, whom he seems to hate (which I can honestly say is completely justified) considering the dude refuses promotions just so he doesn't have to work for them. Which also says how strong Roger and Garp were, since the two of them were able to defeat a team including the likes of Big Mom, Kaido, and Whitebeard.

I like to imagine Garp and Roger fist-bumped before going to the battle.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    As MoR said, powerful enough that Garp and Roger basically pulled an "enemy mine" to take him out and that Garp actually protected the Celestial Dragons, whom he seems to hate (which I can honestly say is completely justified) considering the dude refuses promotions just so he doesn't have to work for them. Which also says how strong Roger and Garp were, since the two of them were able to defeat a team including the likes of Big Mom, Kaido, and Whitebeard.

you know, i can imagine garp and roger having a relationship similar to luffy and coby.

man, look how far those two have come.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Agree, but I'm fairly certain Garp is really reluctant to do so.

Like right before the battle Roger just holds up a fist to Garp with a big Luffy like grin and Garp is just timed.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Still don't have the house and car in my name, but I've been gone long enough.
    Dude, real life comes first. Any nudges are aimed at people who CAN post. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Dude, real life comes first. Any nudges are aimed at people who CAN post. ^_^
    Including those who now have.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Including those who now have.
    Good stuff. ^_^

I should have something up on Tuesday, then.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

It's amazing how unimpressive a lot of Lovecraft's creations were under his own pen, and I'm not even talking about Cthulhu.

After his first appearance, Nyarlathotep was basically just a satan figure

The Mi-Go were basically the Decapodians from Futurama in terms of competence.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It's amazing how unimpressive a lot of Lovecraft's creations were under his own pen, and I'm not even talking about Cthulhu.

After his first appearance, Nyarlathotep was basically just a satan figure
    Nyarlathotep consistently follows a theme of great knowledge that brings ruin, either as the granter of that knowledge or as the destroyer of those who obtain it. There's no drastic change in his portrayal from the first to the fourth.
    Last edited by Siriel; 09-30-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Cinderella III deserves more love than it gets.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quitting this toxic job in a few hours. I must say that I’m very excited.