Page 12 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622621125121012 ... LastLast

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

I miss Garon. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I miss Garon. ;_;
    He’s still technically alive. And kind of just there like an awesome, tanky character in a Final Fantasy VII party that you’ve chosen not to use in your main group.

But he can certainly reawaken...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i like jinou
    Is that Hinomaru Zumo? Weekly Manga Recap just covered that
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Okay, then.

Setting personal opinions aside. How does the system work? High roll wins, so if matching Skill versus Skill, someone rolls a d20, the other person rolls a d12, winner take that contest? With modifiers, etc?
    Yes, that's how it works. High roll wins. Each characters individual Skills, Abilities, and Items would allow them to use their modifiers in unique ways. For example, a character with the skill "Knowledge (Martial Arts)" could add their knowledge modifier to their attacks, in addition to their strength modifer. So Someone with a Strength of 2 and Knowledge of 5 could roll a D8+2+5.

Basic attacks (IE regular punches and kicks,etc) is just a straight die roll with no modifiers (Unless a character has a skill or ability that let's them add modifiers to their basic attacks). Special attacks always get the Modifiers.

Additionally, characters can choose to roll with weaker die than their max. If a character has a strength of 4, they could choose to make the role with a D12, D10,D8, Or D6. This could be done to preserve their Stamina, or for In-Character reasons.
    How does 'Soak' work, when you have 'Durability'? You have Durability, Soak, and Damage, how do all three work together?
    Durability denotes how hard you are to hurt, whereas Soak denotes how much damage you can take and how much you regenerate if you have that.

For example. Say Batman punches Goku. Batman has a Strength of 2 and Goku had a durability of 5. So Batman roles a D8 against Goku's D20. If Goku rolls higher, then he takes no damage. However, if Batman rolls an 8 and Goku rolls a 2, then Goku would take damage equal to the difference between the rolls.

Characters have a threshold of damage beyond which they cannot fight at full power. That Threshold is "Half health". Once they reach that point, they start doing their attack roles with disadvantage. When they reach half health, they roll their soak die, and the result they get is how far they can get below half before they become incapable of fighting entirely. Zero is death.

To use an example, If a character has a soak of 3 and a health of 50, then they would take disadvantage at 25. If they rolled a 10, then they become incapacitated at 15.
    Magic Resistance works against Hax? So simply having high magic resistance allows across-board ability to resist everything (ie, it's all the same)?
    Yes. Normally it's a straight roll, but if the character has the appropriate skills or abilities, then they get to use their modifier against certain types of attacks. For example, Ash Ketchum's Pikachu could use his modifier against electric attacks, but not fire attacks.

going to see Bigger Jaws okay it's call the meg but essentially it is a movie with essentially a bigger Jaws so yeah.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Yeah Meg was a book riding on coat tails ofvJaws with three things, to make it more extreme!

Bigger shark, more people killed by shark, and lead hero is military/ not small town sheriff.

Annnnnd now I officially pray that Abridged Asuna and Rin never meet for Shirou and Kirito's sake. The concentration of shared Yan and Tsun from both girls would break space-time itself.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Annnnnd now I officially pray that Abridged Asuna and Rin never meet for Shirou and Kirito's sake. The concentration of shared Yan and Tsun from both girls would break space-time itself.
    I'm personally just crying at Saber denying that she knows Illya. Which makes me think of Saber meeting Illya with cold, stoic silence in the Heaven's Feel movie. That makes me cry even more.

The Fate universe is far too cruel towards Illyasveil. And now I'm pissed at Gilgamesh again. **** that guy.

Extraordinary Member

the new Doom Eternal game play looks sweet

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah Meg was a book riding on coat tails ofvJaws with three things, to make it more extreme!

Bigger shark, more people killed by shark, and lead hero is military/ not small town sheriff.
    and the sequels get a bit more nuts. especially "the loch" series.

My Forum check it out

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post

Probably better than the Slender Man movie. At least Meg looks brightly lit. I don't think Slender Man had any budget for lighting.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.