Academia

spoilers:

Endeavor utterly fries AFO, charcoiling his body, and AFO just goes "Nope! Nope! Doesn't count! I have Eri's Rewind Quirk because I say so now!"
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Academia

spoilers:

Endeavor utterly fries AFO, charcoiling his body, and AFO just goes "Nope! Nope! Doesn't count! I have Eri's Rewind Quirk because I say so now!"
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I wonder if this means that AFO and the Doctor managed to reverse-engineered the bullets that contained Eri's DNA to create a synthetic Quirk?
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder if this means that AFO and the Doctor managed to reverse-engineered the bullets that contained Eri's DNA to create a synthetic Quirk?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

That's what it looks like. Still dumb though IMO.

Getting kinda annoyed at him and Shiggy personally.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Is Shadowmoon looking jacked to anyone else?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Black looks sweet. I'm not loving Shadow Moon so much. Still really looking forward to this though
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Black looks sweet. I'm not loving Shadow Moon so much. Still really looking forward to this though
    Yeah, that...thing on his shoulders is kind of weird looking but Black looks sweet and I'm sure they'll both look amazing in action.

Curious as to how the tone is going to be. Probably darker than the original but not as dark as Amazons.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Oh this episode was a long time coming. He's a better brawler than you'd expect, he can throw hands, but the fight is just so damn cathartic to watch!
    And it was. Unfortunately the ep was kind of ruined for me

spoilers:
    with the bullshit grotesque ooc fragile masculinity trope they are pulling with Hughie. He has never cared that he was weaker than Starlight, it seemed at first that he was more concerned with always feeling like he had to be saved by everyone all the time and feeling useless, while the V helped him feel empowered for the first time in his life. And instead of going that route.. They made it out to him feeling his masculinity was attacked by Starlight being stronger.

Like, wtf is this mentality that most guys allegedly care so
    much if their girl is stronger than them? I can't help but feel it's projection from the writers because the fan reaction to she-hulk, and the tall lady from the recent resident evil makes it painfully clear that just isn't the case for most guys.

Now the show is likely going to have Hughie grovel at Starlights feet for forgiveness despite the fact she has still yet to tell Hughie she murdered an innocent man with little to no remorse last season(she is bullet proof and has super strength,she could have easily taken the gun away from the guy who was clearly acting in self defence after seeing the Brit BSing about being with the fbi had a gun while demanding he give them his car and strand him in the middle of nowhere). For someone who likes to cry murder and whine about secret keeping, she certainly likes to do those things herself.
    end of spoilers

In the end.. That scene has kinda ruined the last ep for me. It shouldn't, but it really soured by experience, preventing me from really enjoying the final fight.
    Last edited by Cody; 06-25-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Spoilers I think.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Spoilers I think.
    Yeah I'm on like episode three over here. Spoiler tags would be appreciated.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Somewhat of a nothing, but after years and years of playing Mass Effect III Multiplayer, I finally finished the 'Mass Effect' Multiplayer challenge (Best of the Best banner and tagline unlocked).

Phew.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Eh, I didn't reveal any major plot point but edited anyway, sorry guys.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Somewhat of a nothing, but after years and years of playing Mass Effect III Multiplayer, I finally finished the 'Mass Effect' Multiplayer challenge (Best of the Best banner and tagline unlocked).

Phew.
    Does that mean you beat the game
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Does that mean you beat the game
    This is the multiplayer, kind of an extra game you get with the story-game. It's four-person, co-op missions. Choice of different characters, dozens of different weapons, gear, etc. And there are challenges. Extract X number of times from this map, kill this many of this kind of enemies, get X number of points with this skill or this gun, etc (more complicated than this, but you get the idea). Literally hundreds and hundreds of challenges of varying levels of difficulties, which you can do over and over again to earn trophies.

Anyway, the biggest challenge is named 'Mass Effect', and do to it you basically need to finish all of the main challenges, the hardest of which is 'Solo Challenge' - soloing missions instead of going in with three people. To get that one, you need to solo 10 bronze difficulty missions (easy), 5 silver (still pretty easy), and 2 gold (not...easy)...there's also choice of soloing Platinum difficulty once instead, but ugh, no thank you. Solo Mastery Challenge has been the last one left for me for years now. I probably could have done the Golds before now - no question, really - but it's a slog doing one, and I didn't feel like putting in the time (bleah). Finally got around to doing two solo Golds (one a couple weeks back, one today), finished both, and got the 'Mass Effect' challenge.

So I have all my equipment and weapons maxed out (something that takes years), I'm ranked pretty high in challenge points overall, and I've finished all of the Challenges. Nothing left to 'get' than just playing the game.

...fortunately my wife is still really enjoying playing, and I enjoy playing ME Mulitplayer with her, sooooo...do not plan on stopping. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This is the multiplayer, kind of an extra game you get with the story-game. It's four-person, co-op missions. Choice of different characters, dozens of different weapons, gear, etc. And there are challenges. Extract X number of times from this map, kill this many of this kind of enemies, get X number of points with this skill or this gun, etc (more complicated than this, but you get the idea). Literally hundreds and hundreds of challenges of varying levels of difficulties, which you can do over and over again to earn trophies.

Anyway, the biggest challenge is named 'Mass Effect', and do to it you basically need to finish all of the main challenges, the hardest of which is 'Solo Challenge' - soloing missions instead of going in with three people. To get that one, you need to solo 10 bronze difficulty missions (easy), 5 silver (still pretty easy), and 2 gold (not...easy)...there's also choice of soloing Platinum difficulty once instead, but ugh, no thank you. Solo Mastery Challenge has been the last one left for me for years now. I probably could have done the Golds before now - no question, really - but it's a slog doing one, and I didn't feel like putting in the time (bleah). Finally got around to doing two solo Golds (one a couple weeks back, one today), finished both, and got the 'Mass Effect' challenge.

So I have all my equipment and weapons maxed out (something that takes years), I'm ranked pretty high in challenge points overall, and I've finished all of the Challenges. Nothing left to 'get' than just playing the game.

...fortunately my wife is still really enjoying playing, and I enjoy playing ME Mulitplayer with her, sooooo...do not plan on stopping. ^_^
    As much as I like to game, this sounds exhausting. Though probably less so for you since you have someone to share it with. How many years have you been playing it?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.