lol
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Just...'like that'. I believe she was referring to the 'sick' part. ^_^
    I was making a joke because I thought you meant "smile" instead of "simile".
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I was making a joke because I thought you meant "smile" instead of "simile".
    …you were correct, the joke flew over my head, not the joke’s fault, it was a good one!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Whelp, G7 just backed off their promise to stop subsidizing oil and gas industry by the end of this year. Now they're shifting to LNG and claiming the need due to the divestment from Russian oil.

This, despite climate change and the fact that there are actually better, faster solutions that involve renewables.

Once again. money and the fossil fuel lobby gets a win as the world continues to spiral downward. :(
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Reading Aliens Area. Only four chapters so far. Art is a little Jujutsu Kaisen-esque, story is...well, there are only so many stories, and this one looks hopeful to take a standard one and make it something different.

Also, zero sexualization so far, something else it pretty much shares with Jujutsu Kaisen, hooray.
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Whelp, G7 just backed off their promise to stop subsidizing oil and gas industry by the end of this year. Now they're shifting to LNG and claiming the need due to the divestment from Russian oil.

This, despite climate change and the fact that there are actually better, faster solutions that involve renewables.

Once again. money and the fossil fuel lobby gets a win as the world continues to spiral downward.
    Screw it, we're all gonna die. I'm popping the popcorn to watch it all burn. I've apologized to my kids. Advised them to move somewhere high and with access to water. Try to see beautiful things and people before it's too late. But mostly the popcorn.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Once again. money and the fossil fuel lobby gets a win as the world continues to spiral downward.
    Don't worry, they'll get to it next year!

And if not, the year after

And if not...
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Screw it, we're all gonna die. I'm popping the popcorn to watch it all burn. I've apologized to my kids. Advised them to move somewhere high and with access to water. Try to see beautiful things and people before it's too late. But mostly the popcorn.
    I realize this is a joke (okay, I HOPE it's a joke), but I want to make it clear to everyone else - it's a joke (hopefully). A joke. Big is joking here. Or, you know, partly joking because he's in despair, which is understandable.

Climate change apathy is the new climate change denial. It looks awful but don't stop. Don't stop trying. Write in. Vote. Change your own lives. Etc*.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Don't worry, they'll get to it next year!

And if not, the year after

And if not...
    Yeah. Depending on governments to do anything is a losing game.

* I'm counselling doing 'etc' because there's stuff you don't write, period.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-29-2022 at 09:11 AM.
    Why are we here?

Just re-reading some old threads and came across this one.

Amusingly, we now have an in-canon answer to the question: Clea.
    Why are we here?

Plans for an unannounced MCU project may have just leaked on Howard Stern of all places
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Plans for an unannounced MCU project may have just leaked on Howard Stern of all places
    what's the project?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    what's the project?
    He mentioned Doom on a mic that apparently wasn’t supposed to be on.
    -Stephen McCranie

Was only a matter of time before the FF showed up.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Well we already new that they were doing an F4 movie. I think the director they had lined up recently quit

Extraordinary Member

Huh, so it was just confirmed that Superman and Lois takes place in a universe that's seperate from the mainline Arrow-verse.

Might just be for the best.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 06-30-2022 at 02:09 PM.