Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, that IS a laugh riot. ^_^
    Why? What's Chris Pratt done that makes it funny or ironic?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Why? What's Chris Pratt done that makes it funny or ironic?
    Pratt has a very bad reputation online

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Pratt has a very bad reputation online
    Has he actually done anything to earn that republic or are people just hating because?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    A Transformers movie that actually looks like a Transformers movie? My interest is piqued.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Has he actually done anything to earn that republic or are people just hating because?
    Just because, compared to let's say total right-wing has-been industry lunatics like Kevin Sorbo and Steven Seagal.

Pratt just seems to me for some reason like he scratches some easy itch against currently popular and milquetoast-looking celebrities. You can tell how most people who actually watch movies don't actually care about this because his presence in Jurassic World and Guardians movies (or even the last Thor movie) didn't hurt their box office.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Supposedly he was a part of a right wing homophobic church, but I keep getting conflicting reports on whether that's true. I've heard that he recently left it, and I've heard that he was never part of it in the first place.

He also gives support to his brother, whose a cop that is supposedly part of some cop group that's got a bad record of abuse, but the details escape me at the moment

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Ao No Exorcist:...They. Are. Fucked. Seriously, there's no other means to describe this chapter, especially the last panel. And Kato just keeps upscaling the power curve here.
    I'm not ready to say that they're screwed yet. Rin's attacks did have an effect on Satan and we don't know yet if breaking the seal has left him drained or not. They could very well be screwed, but it could be a situation where Satan is just tired and needs to scamper off. Though, if he's alone with Rin right now things could very well go to ****.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Looks wonderful, and it seems like it's an actual ending.

Really looking forward to this one.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Supposedly he was a part of a right wing homophobic church, but I keep getting conflicting reports on whether that's true. I've heard that he recently left it, and I've heard that he was never part of it in the first place.

He also gives support to his brother, whose a cop that is supposedly part of some cop group that's got a bad record of abuse, but the details escape me at the moment
    This and this. Plus brother he supports, if I recall, wears 3%er stuff and posts 3%er imagery. The brother stuff would mostly be guilt by association, of course. Edit: the anti-2SLGBTQ+ Church thing? Not so much. If he is still in the church – and I’ve not yet seen anything to say that he is not - then that’s very problematic.

But me? I started off not liking him because of the business with his cat (first thing I heard about him), and haven’t seen anything to put him back in my good books.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-02-2022 at 06:46 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I like Chris Pratt as far as I know him. Sometimes people online are just looking for someone to hate, and they will take anyone for the role. There doesn't always have to be a reason.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

What's the character / word limit for posts on the forum?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    What's the character / word limit for posts on the forum?
    Not…sure…went over it with Krys’s character sheet recently.

Try copying a crapton from some website, paste it in, then see what the limit is when you try to post and the forum waggles it’s finger at you.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Did it myself: 10 000 characters.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Did it myself: 10 000 characters.
    Perfect, thank you.

Not that I’m ready to post Tzachanoleth’s bio yet, but I will be later today.

Current estimate is around 2.5K words, so two posts will probably just about cut it.
    Chief Curmudgeon