Page 85 of 2453 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889951351855851085 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 36787
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

a day late due to a tornado hitting matty's town but the wrestle-cast is back.

https://www.twitch.tv/rvtentertainment

not count power up this is the first time there's been two select themes in a classic Megaman game

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I think it's because she suspects, much like in the anime, that he's going to fake his death.
    Probably, but it's very unengaging.

BANNED

One thing I never understood about Beast Wars, was why was Optimus Primal so heavily armed?

I mean he was meant to be an explorer, but even in his first body, the guy had more weapons and fire power than most the guys who were meant to be warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Probably, but it's very unengaging.
    Sounds like Dragonball for the most part.

#UltraInstinctRoshi #GOAT
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    One thing I never understood about Beast Wars, was why was Optimus Primal so heavily armed?

I mean he was meant to be an explorer, but even in his first body, the guy had more weapons and fire power than most the guys who were meant to be warriors.
    I don't know if it was ever explained, but he seemed to me like a retired soldier type. He has combat experience and leadership skills beyond most of the rest of the crew, and he never seemed especially gifted in tech or zoology or whatever. Maybe he was interested in exploration, but only after he did some time in the military. Heck, he might have been a soldier from the Great War who switched jobs once the War was over. So he still had a warrior's body as it were.

Actually, remember that he was also entrusted with the disposal of Protoform X. It's possible he made sure he was armed to the teeth just in case X ever broke out of containment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I just saw that DMC5 will have microtransactions. Will it never cease?
    Djinni's out of the bottle, browskie. That ain't never puttin' that **** back in.

Even Microsoft decided Office should be a paid subscription service instead of a single-sell product. Freakin' OFFICE. Like I should have to pay every month/year just to use Microsoft Word.

*angry steam-exhaling emoji*

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Djinni's out of the bottle, browskie. That ain't never puttin' that **** back in.

Even Microsoft decided Office should be a paid subscription service instead of a single-sell product. Freakin' OFFICE. Like I should have to pay every month/year just to use Microsoft Word.

*angry steam-exhaling emoji*
    Wait, even Office? Makes me glad I haven't Word in years.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Yep it's like $10 a month or something. Absolute garbage. Adobe Photoshop is the same.

I use Gimp and Evernote, much better ... and while Evernote does have a monthly and/or yearly option, it's cheaper and allows me to access everything offline. Which is good because Alaska is **** when it comes to cell service/internet half the time.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Yup. It's cheap per month, I guess, but for a product that used to be a one-and-done, it's just a stupid move to switch to service payments. I'm still using Word 03, myself. Word's all I ever used from Office anyway.
    Last edited by Duskman; 09-23-2018 at 01:31 PM.

I got 03, but have 10 as a back up in case I need to work with docx files. Which you know they only made the new file type to force the upgrade.

-_-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I don't know if it was ever explained, but he seemed to me like a retired soldier type. He has combat experience and leadership skills beyond most of the rest of the crew, and he never seemed especially gifted in tech or zoology or whatever. Maybe he was interested in exploration, but only after he did some time in the military. Heck, he might have been a soldier from the Great War who switched jobs once the War was over. So he still had a warrior's body as it were.

Actually, remember that he was also entrusted with the disposal of Protoform X. It's possible he made sure he was armed to the teeth just in case X ever broke out of containment.
    Wasn't he meant to be relatively young or least not have much experience in a command position. I'm not sure that gels with the idea of him being a veteran soldier.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Wasn't he meant to be relatively young or least not have much experience in a command position. I'm not sure that gels with the idea of him being a veteran soldier.
    You're probably right, I just recall him taking to the roll really quickly.

Well, I'll just go with my "prepared for Protoform X breakout" theory then. :P