Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    If the movie was at least fun to watch, then then the nonsensical changes would have at least been easier to ignore, but they cut out everything that made the animated rendition charming and memorable. All that's left, from the reviews I've watched, is a somber, dry, and lifeless cash-grab.

Politics aside, I hope this flops so Disney can end this ridiculous trend. They've proven they don't care enough to do their own movies justice.
    I must admit to never having seen either version of Mulan (or Tarzan or Hercules for that matter).

But some of the stuff that was cut out of previous ‘live-action’ adaptations of Disney’s animated back catalogue (particularly in Jungle Book) means I have intention of watching LA Mulan, LA Lion King, LA Aladdin or any future LA adaptations.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Wow, I literally melted my old post through an unintentional edit haha, I am dumb.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-07-2020 at 04:24 AM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I must admit to never having seen either version of Mulan (or Tarzan or Hercules for that matter).

But some of the stuff that was cut out of previous ‘live-action’ adaptations of Disney’s animated back catalogue (particularly in Jungle Book) means I have intention of watching LA Mulan, LA Lion King, LA Aladdin or any future LA adaptations.
    Assuming you meant you have no intention, I agree. I'll just stick to the animated versions. Mulan is my favorite Disney movie, so this makes me sad to say.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Assuming you meant you have no intention, I agree. I'll just stick to the animated versions. Mulan is my favorite Disney movie, so this makes me sad to say.
    Yes. I meant no.

No intention. Was my intention.

Extraordinary Member

The sad thing, Disney's main take away from this is probably going to be "Okay, changing things up doesn't work, we'll stick to the shot for shot remakes"

Has anyone seen this Mulan?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    And the Sonic fans are Fumo g in spite of Wally being that much better.

Jujutsu Kaisen: Okay, Sukuna's recent appearance just massively amped up the power scale of this series.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Fortunately, I don't seem to have coronavirus, just the coming Fall fucking with my sinuses. No fever, no body aches, none of symptoms that aren't also common in sinus issues. Just sneezing/coughing, runny nose, a little rattling in the chest when breathing, and sinus pressure/headaches.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Fortunately, I don't seem to have coronavirus, just the coming Fall fucking with my sinuses. No fever, no body aches, none of symptoms that aren't also common in sinus issues. Just sneezing/coughing, runny nose, a little rattling in the chest when breathing, and sinus pressure/headaches.
    That that's good at least

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Glad to hear that, hoss.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Well I found a trailer for another live adaption of Mulan and it's a web movie.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The venture bros has been cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The venture bros has been cancelled
    Wait, are you saying the Venture Bros was still on?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis