The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...as a side note, the Anima RPG is making a comeback. New books coming (including new core rules, currently being viewed with various degrees of suspicion by the community), new website up with free stuff, new Discord servers for chat/discussion (Spanish, French, and English).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

As another aside, anyone from the old Anima game with Siriel remember this OOC discussion?

[Someone] Could our group take on Kisidan?

[Beadle] Kisidan would look on us with extreme pity, then kill us.

[Me] Kisidan's extreme pity would kill us.

So, we now actually have STATS for Kisidan. Aaaaand...I'm having hard time saying anything but 'Kisidan murderstomps my tabletop group of high-level characters and all of their close, high-level allies, with the slight - VERY slight - chance one of the three powerful psychics manages to mind-frag him somehow before he kills everyone.'

More likely he just swats any attempt to mentally attack him out of the air and continues the massacre.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-19-2021 at 09:25 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    How's that game going? What are you doing, and what are you playing?
    We’ve literally just started late last night. It’s a campaign Mobius has run several times before and goes all the way from Level 1 to Level 15 (or even 16 if we unlock all the special secrets apparently - video game logic).

He’s taken the bumpers off on character creation a bit (well, a lot), said pretty much anything goes (within the parameters of the rules and maths) as long as you can come up with a story to explain it, and said it’s milestone levelling rather than XP. So obviously we have a party consisting of an Ebudan Nephilim, a Tuan Dalyr, a Pure Sylvain and a Pure Duk’zarist, plus something else I don’t know yet.

I thought I try Pure Duk (I mean I am the Prince of Dukness, and it’s not often you can try anything that unusual), not expecting to then roll a 71 on my stats on the dice roller, before even adding the Duk +1 to everything. It’s pretty silly actually. I mean her stats have ended up at Level 1 as 11,11,11,10,10,9,9,8. When an 8 is your dump-stat, you’re doing OK.

I said I’d just fill in what we didn’t have in the party, and when we had a Wizard, Tao, Technician and Warrior Mentalist, I thought I’d go straight Summoner, but it felt like a waste of her stats, so I’ve ended up with a Pure Duk’zarist Warrior Summoner with the Gift and Blood of the Dragon, and starting off with Huginn and Muninn as one of my starting invokes, so that’s nice.

It’s going to be a juggling act with all the different mechanisms I’ve now got to play with, and a bonkers game but it could be a lot of fun.

Especially when I get a Sheele.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    We’ve literally just started late last night. It’s a campaign Mobius has run several times before and goes all the way from Level 1 to Level 15 (or even 16 if we unlock all the special secrets apparently - video game logic).

He’s taken the bumpers off on character creation a bit (well, a lot), said pretty much anything goes (within the parameters of the rules and maths) as long as you can come up with a story to explain it, and said it’s milestone levelling rather than XP. So obviously we have a party consisting of an Ebudan Nephilim, a Tuan Dalyr, a Pure Sylvain and a Pure Duk’zarist, plus something else I don’t know yet.

I thought I try Pure Duk (I mean I am the Prince of Dukness, and it’s not often you can try anything that unusual), not expecting to then roll a 71 on my stats on the dice roller, before even adding the Duk +1 to everything. It’s pretty silly actually. I mean her stats have ended up at Level 1 as 11,11,11,10,10,9,9,8. When an 8 is your dump-stat, you’re doing OK.

I said I’d just fill in what we didn’t have in the party, and when we had a Wizard, Tao, Technician and Warrior Mentalist, I thought I’d go straight Summoner, but it felt like a waste of her stats, so I’ve ended up with a Pure Duk’zarist Warrior Summoner with the Gift and Blood of the Dragon, and starting off with Huginn and Muninn as one of my starting invokes, so that’s nice.

It’s going to be a juggling act with all the different mechanisms I’ve now got to play with, and a bonkers game but it could be a lot of fun.

Especially when I get a Sheele.
    Great stats - I understand you being happy with that. Dice roller clearly loves you.

And...not a single person is playing a pure human. O_o And the group is all of the Power-Classes, I see.

But a Duk'zarist warrior-summoner. That's an interesting choice. Going Invoker? Or normal summoner? Wait, I see you're talking about a Sheelie, so I'm guessing normal summoner.

Huginn and Muninn was a great choice. Your character one-eyed now, or did you convince the GM to allow a 1st level character have killed...like a thousand people and collected their eyeballs, or whatever?

Hey, at least with a warrior-summoner you're going to not need to worry about wasting DP on Accumulations, thanks to the Blood of the Dragon/Seals. Granted, it's going to take you forever to get your last few seals, and the price of the seals will hurt your max attack/defend (only a tiny bit, really), but I feel BotD is one of the best ones for a Warlock, Warrior-mentalist, or Warrior Summoner. What'd you work out for your special Blood of the Dragon power?
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-19-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    Why are we here?

As the Aeon of Fantasy, we’ve gone with +10 MA per level and double Zeon recovery.

I left that to Mobius. I was going to take it purely for fluff and the Seals, but Mob was like “Errr… nope. You pay a CP for it, you’re damn well getting something out of it.”

As the Aeon of Fantasy, we’ve gone with +10 MA per level and double Zeon recovery.

I left that to Mobius. I was going to take it purely for fluff and the Seals, but Mob was like “Errr… nope. You pay a CP for it, you’re damn well getting something out of it.”
    Well, yeah. He's right, man. I know the Inhumanity is kind of...meh...for a DZ, but you should get your money's worth.

+10 MA per level and Double Recovery is...a tad high, of course (a Primary bonus AND a 1 CP bonus), but Mobius has said he likes high-powered stuff. If he's cool with that, you're lucky.

Not sure you care so much about the MA, mind. Unless you've also gone for the Attack and/or Defense as Projection, and plan to use combat magic as well (rather than just support)?
    Why are we here?

Well, yeah. He's right, man. I know the Inhumanity is kind of...meh...for a DZ, but you should get your money's worth.

+10 MA per level and Double Recovery is...a tad high, of course (a Primary bonus AND a 1 CP bonus), but Mobius has said he likes high-powered stuff. If he's cool with that, you're lucky.

Not sure you care so much about the MA, mind. Unless you've also gone for the Attack and/or Defense as Projection, and plan to use combat magic as well (rather than just support)?
    I’ve intentionally taken Shamanism as a Disadvantage so that I had to rely on swords and summons in battle, but Mobius again is like “Nah. I won’t let that get in the way as long as you have the stuff on you to cast.”… which is kinda missing the point for me, but… bleh. He’s very much on the players’ side, so that’s great.

But we’ve got a Wizard in the party and I don’t want to tread in his space too much.

With the MA, I care about it for a) Zeon Recovery, and b) Invocations. I’m not going to call up the High Priestess while sat on a bench and say “Hi, would you mind just hanging around until I have a fight? Prolly won’t be long, k thx.”

But I’m going to lean heavily into Metamagic to improve Zeon regen, half Zeon price for spells etc. So only one path for me. Darkness+Knowledge. Then I don’t trample on the Necromancer Wizard.

I’ve intentionally taken Shamanism as a Disadvantage so that I had to rely on swords and summons in battle, but Mobius again is like “Nah. I won’t let that get in the way as long as you have the stuff on you to cast.”… which is kinda missing the point for me, but… bleh. He’s very much on the players’ side, so that’s great.
    I figured. Nothing wrong with a GM deciding to grant a few gimmes to the players, as long as everyone is getting the same. I've been known to do that myself. *coughs*

But we’ve got a Wizard in the party and I don’t want to tread in his space too much.
    This is one of the (many) reasons why you're a good player.

With the MA, I care about it for a) Zeon Recovery, and b) Invocations. I’m not going to call up the High Priestess while sat on a bench and say “Hi, would you mind just hanging around until I have a fight? Prolly won’t be long, k thx.”
    Understood about the Zeon recovery. Buying half-price multipliers will also help with that. But for invocations (did I misunderstand, you're worried about MA for invoking Arcana and such)? One doesn't need to accumulate Zeon to Invoke. It's just 'Decide on time, Pay the Zeon, Make the Roll'.

Edit: otherwise, maaaaan, would take forever to invoke ANYTHING. Why bother getting The Fool?

If you were a pure invoker, you'd pay HALF Zeon for invocations.... ^_^ But no sheelie, so that would be a problem. What kind of Sheelie are you hoping for, or is Mobius letting you pick?

But I’m going to lean heavily into Metamagic to improve Zeon regen, half Zeon price for spells etc. So only one path for me. Darkness+Knowledge. Then I don’t trample on the Necromancer Wizard.
    The Metamagic zeon recovery thing, I was really disappointed in. I was hoping for...more. But it's some crap amount that goes on TOP of everything (other than your 'double normal amount of recovery'). Still, better that than nothing, especially for an invoker (and kind of 'free', not like you're using up DP) Even so, Metamagic can be awesome. Good stuff in there. And Darkness/Knowledge...no utility spells, but maaaan, that's still a good mix (attack, defense, hiding, and the knowledge spells will - at ridiculous cost - also give you utility spells; the mildly insane, overly brilliant chimerized mage in my tabletop game has knowledge and abuses the crap out of it).

Interesting character. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-19-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    Why are we here?

I had completely forgotten you don’t need MA for invocations. Bleh.

Well that helps, anyway.

As for the Sheele, I’m expecting to just roll, but I suspect, being a DZ that Darkness or Fire are the primary ones, and that I can’t take Light whatever. So it might be a case of spitballing with Mob when we get there. I need a crapton more Zeon first!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Oh I'm dumb. Warrior Summoner like the class that lets you use Zeon summoning and do good fighting.

After talking about how awesome your stats were and how you were getting Seals, I was thinking you were talking about the Ki summoning at the back of Dominus Exxet.

If you were a pure invoker, you'd pay HALF Zeon for invocations.... ^_^ But no sheelie, so that would be a problem. What kind of Sheelie are you hoping for, or is Mobius letting you pick?
    Well if you're an invoker you can just get someone else to do the summon/binding rolls and then still wind up with a familiar.

The Metamagic zeon recovery thing, I was really disappointed in. I was hoping for...more. But it's some crap amount that goes on TOP of everything (other than your 'double normal amount of recovery').
    It explicitly said it was before multipliers though, so if you got the Zeon recovery booster CP Advantages or Monster Essential Abilities, you would get to 2-7x the +30 as well.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Well that helps, anyway.
    A lot. No sitting around accumulating like mad for fifteen rounds to use that 800 point Invocation. ^_^ Just...losing all of your Zeon in a flash. Did you take Magical Nature/Affinity (forget the exact name) as a gift? Might want to snag that one, especially if you're going up to level 15 - get it at level 2 and ask Mob if you can apply it retroactively for level 1 as well. ^_^

As for the Sheele, I’m expecting to just roll, but I suspect, being a DZ that Darkness or Fire are the primary ones, and that I can’t take Light whatever. So it might be a case of spitballing with Mob when we get there. I need a crapton more Zeon first!
    Getting that Magical Nature/Affinity would help with the zeon, of course (50 zeon every level puts you up to 'normal' summoner bonus zeon). But yeah, the cost per day can hit the Zeon wallet.

Shoot, dude, were I playing a DZ I'd be HOPING for Light. That would be AWESOME. ^_^

In my second tabletop game, one of the main antagonists was a summoner. It wasn't until about 3/4 of the way through the game that the players figured out it was him (he worked through the creatures he summoned, and was pretty sneaky) and that he had a sheelie...of light. Caused some confusion. ^_^
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

You do if you want your Sheelee to cast anything.

And a point of Power you don't mind losing, which is one of the key reasons I thought Sheelee were meh.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Oh I'm dumb. Warrior Summoner like the class that lets you use Zeon summoning and do good fighting.

After talking about how awesome your stats were and how you were getting Seals, I was thinking you were talking about the Ki summoning at the back of Dominus Exxet.
    Yeah, Seals of the Dragon Ars Magnus. For the fightee part.

Well if you're an invoker you can just get someone else to do the summon/binding rolls and then still wind up with a familiar.
    There's that as well. Of course, would need to be an NPC in this game.

It explicitly said it was before multipliers though, so if you got the Zeon recovery booster CP Advantages or Monster Essential Abilities, you would get to 2-7x the +30 as well.
    Yep, like I said (on top of Beadle's 'double recovery').

Not sure the Essential Ability (which can only be level 1) layers atop the CP gifts, but if it does then the whole thing maxes out at x4. For a whole LOT of expense, but some might find that worth it (I mean, x4 MA recovery is a LOT, period). A pure summoner doesn't need the stats so much, anyway, so they might convince their GM to allow them to dump two or three level-up CP into that.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-19-2021 at 11:02 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    You do if you want your Sheelee to cast anything.
    Valid point, there.

And a point of Power you don't mind losing, which is one of the key reasons I thought Sheelee were meh.
    Less-important with Summoners, to be fair. And with the Seals, Beadle's going to be jacking his Power up starting ~level 6, which WILL affect his MA in combat.
    Why are we here?

Duk'zarist with a Light Sheelie would make for some hilarious conversations between them, I feel. ^_^

How you planning on playing a DZ, Beadle? Have an idea in your head about how they act, mannerisms, etc?
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-19-2021 at 11:03 AM.
    Why are we here?