Page 2425 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 142519252325237524152421242224232424242524262427242824292435 ... LastLast
Results 36,361 to 36,375 of 36892

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    I live in Glasgow so...yes we can't move for memes about it.
    I feel your pain.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’ve been in love with this for the past couple of weeks:

https://www.tiktok.com/@soupygarbage...48307658312991
    Sadly, I'll need to wait until I get home to view, my work has banned Tiktok.

Not...that I'm on there much anyway. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Damn, in FGC news Arturo got totally exposed by Dieminion yesterday. Totally ridiculous story.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Damn, in FGC news Arturo got totally exposed by Dieminion yesterday. Totally ridiculous story.
    what kind of "exposed" we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    what kind of "exposed" we talking about?
    Unlike the Matcherino stuff from earlier this year this one is definitely pretty personal/smaller business between Die and him but basically kind of confirms him as just a shady dude who can't be trusted with money rn. All this is pretty personal/not related to tournaments or whatever so if you're not looking for that I'll just spoiler it.

spoilers:

Die gave him 3k for parts to make a PC, then Arturo managed to drag things out for months and not paying him/asking Die to give him extensions. Doing stupid stuff like saying he would pay him in a week, not responding in that timeframe when Die wanted to confirm even though he agreed to respond beforehand because Die had an appointment to make and was too busy to meet him for weeks afterwards, not responding when Die tried to confirm the day before, not responding when Die tried to confirm the day of, then not being present the time of so Die had to go to his meeting and not get his stuff. Then when Die asks him what happened, Art responds with "my twitter notifications weren't active, and my discord notifications were muted, and I didn't have my phone, and I didn't have any internet, but actually I was just at home the whole time." And when Die is like, "...people saw you playing Street Fighter online earlier" he was like "yeah, my internet died after that time."

Then afterwards he would only respond to Die with go-between people because he was too disinterested or scared to do so about the situation.

Then Die was like, look if you're not going to give me the pc can you just refund me? Art says okay but it'll take some time and then ghosts him again despite agreeing to pay him within 30 days and Die continuously checking in. Then the day before he has to pay he says he's in the hospital which may or may not be true but says this to other people instead of Die so Die has to again talk to him through go betweens.

During all this time Art is also trying to elicit sympathy from Die by talking about a lot of home situation stuff unprompted, including potentially him and his wife (which nobody knew about until recently) putting hands on each other violently? And also how his kid (again nobody knew about this) potentially not being his, which Die is like "well do you want advice?" and Art doesn't ask for it but keeps telling him about the situation and Die is like "alright well since you're talking about it you could do X, Y, Z" and Art comes up with reasons they won't apply or just acknowledges them and then proceeds to not take any of the advice or advance the situation for months. By this point Die and others in his life are like "BRO you need to get your things together, you're 40 years old, have a wife and kid and you cannot be not settling things internally/paying debts".

Die gives up and tries to move the situation with public pressure by stating, "hey, I've been trying to have Arturo settle some financial issues and I want this settled informally, anybody who knows Arturo and is talking to him, please get in touch with him so we can hash this out." In response Art ghosts everybody else who he hasn't already ghosted for months but people still see him either playing Street Fighter online

Finally Die just gives up entirely and proceeds to court with it and Art does actually arrive but seems completely strung out on something rocking back and forth, refuses public judgement, answers no question from a private mediator in a straightforward manner, hems and haws, and ultimately initially tries to drag out any payment of the 3k for like 2 years which Kevin rejects completely and eventually gets a slightly better deal on. During all this time Art refuses to even look at Die.
    end of spoilers

Just really seems like even more than any of the Matcherino stuff earlier that Art is not to be trusted with money and is in full "take advantage of/lie to people he's known for 20 years for a quick buck for...something. Also even before the pc thing when Dieminion had him work on his laptop earlier (which is part of why Die trusted him to do computer related stuff in the first place) Die noticed that Art managed to lose the mouse from the provided laptop and gave him a beat up mouse on the floor instead.
    Last edited by Postmania; 03-11-2024 at 12:22 PM.
    -Stephen McCranie

Unlike the Matcherino stuff from earlier this year this one is definitely pretty personal/smaller business between Die and him but basically kind of confirms him as just a shady dude who can't be trusted with money rn. All this is pretty personal/not related to tournaments or whatever so if you're not looking for that I'll just spoiler it.

spoilers:

Die gave him 3k for parts to make a PC, then Arturo managed to drag things out for months and not paying him/asking Die to give him extensions. Doing stupid stuff like saying he would pay him in a week, not responding in that timeframe when Die wanted to confirm even though he agreed to respond beforehand because Die had an appointment to make and was too busy to meet him for weeks afterwards, not responding when Die tried to confirm the day before, not responding when Die tried to confirm the day of, then not being present the time of so Die had to go to his meeting and not get his stuff. Then when Die asks him what happened, Art responds with "my twitter notifications weren't active, and my discord notifications were muted, and I didn't have my phone, and I didn't have any internet, but actually I was just at home the whole time." And when Die is like, "...people saw you playing Street Fighter online earlier" he was like "yeah, my internet died after that time."

Then afterwards he would only respond to Die with go-between people because he was too disinterested or scared to do so about the situation.

Then Die was like, look if you're not going to give me the pc can you just refund me? Art says okay but it'll take some time and then ghosts him again despite agreeing to pay him within 30 days and Die continuously checking in. Then the day before he has to pay he says he's in the hospital which may or may not be true but says this to other people instead of Die so Die has to again talk to him through go betweens.

During all this time Art is also trying to elicit sympathy from Die by talking about a lot of home situation stuff unprompted, including potentially him and his wife (which nobody knew about until recently) putting hands on each other violently? And also how his kid (again nobody knew about this) potentially not being his, which Die is like "well do you want advice?" and Art doesn't ask for it but keeps telling him about the situation and Die is like "alright well since you're talking about it you could do X, Y, Z" and Art comes up with reasons they won't apply or just acknowledges them and then proceeds to not take any of the advice or advance the situation for months. By this point Die and others in his life are like "BRO you need to get your things together, you're 40 years old, have a wife and kid and you cannot be not settling things internally/paying debts".

Die gives up and tries to move the situation with public pressure by stating, "hey, I've been trying to have Arturo settle some financial issues and I want this settled informally, anybody who knows Arturo and is talking to him, please get in touch with him so we can hash this out." In response Art ghosts everybody else who he hasn't already ghosted for months but people still see him either playing Street Fighter online

Finally Die just gives up entirely and proceeds to court with it and Art does actually arrive but seems completely strung out on something rocking back and forth, refuses public judgement, answers no question from a private mediator in a straightforward manner, hems and haws, and ultimately initially tries to drag out any payment of the 3k for like 2 years which Kevin rejects completely and eventually gets a slightly better deal on. During all this time Art refuses to even look at Die.
    end of spoilers

Just really seems like even more than any of the Matcherino stuff earlier that Art is not to be trusted with money and is in full "take advantage of/lie to people he's known for 20 years for a quick buck for...something. Also even before the pc thing when Dieminion had him work on his laptop earlier (which is part of why Die trusted him to do computer related stuff in the first place) Die noticed that Art managed to lose the mouse from the provided laptop and gave him a beat up mouse on the floor instead.
    sigh.

just.............sigh.

i'd want to give art the benefit of the doubt but i've heard this **** before from people who either owed me money or services. i dont see why it was so hard to just either give darkness his PC or give him his money back. use to have respect for art but him getting arrested on stream should've been my sign that dude is scummy. just............sigh.

sigh.

just.............sigh.

i'd want to give art the benefit of the doubt but i've heard this **** before from people who either owed me money or services. i dont see why it was so hard to just either give darkness his PC or give him his money back. use to have respect for art but him getting arrested on stream should've been my sign that dude is scummy. just............sigh.
    Yeah it's really something hearing it from Die about how he runs things very hands off and lets things slide with his friends because he's chill about these things. Like with the first deadline he's like "huh, I haven't heard from Art and it's supposed to be here next week. Well he's a gown dude he can take care of his business he doesn't need me breathing down his neck like that."

Then it just progresses to the point where he realizes no, he actually does have to treat him like a little kid and checkup on him consistently and even that's not enough to where he has to get legal about it.

After a certain point you have to wonder, and Die does in the recording, if he came to him just because he knew that Dieminion is cool about things like this and would give him the leeway he didn't really deserve.

Whether Art pays or when tho Die mentioned he started all this to really get a good look at Art and be able to confront him publicly basically on the grounds of (paraphrased) why are you lying to me? why are you compartmentalizing/keeping quiet you owing other people too? is this a way to treat your community?

And in response to this Art basically said "...yeah guess I'm not part of this community anymore"

And Die was like "alright fine, at least you admit that much. stay away from the fgc nobody wants someone who acts like this"
    Last edited by Postmania; 03-11-2024 at 01:45 PM.
    -Stephen McCranie

Yeah it's really something hearing it from Die about how he runs things very hands off and lets things slide with his friends because he's chill about these things. Like with the first deadline he's like "huh, I haven't heard from Art and it's supposed to be here next week. Well he's a gown dude he can take care of his business he doesn't need me breathing down his neck like that."

Then it just progresses to the point where he realizes no, he actually does have to treat him like a little kid and checkup on him consistently and even that's not enough to where he has to get legal about it.

After a certain point you have to wonder, and Die does in the recording, if he came to him just because he knew that Dieminion is cool about things like this and would give him the leeway he didn't really deserve.

Whether Art pays or when tho Die mentioned he started all this to really get a good look at Art and be able to confront him publicly basically on the grounds of (paraphrased) why are you lying to me? why are you compartmentalizing/keeping quiet you owing other people too? is this a way to treat your community?

And in response to this Art basically said "...yeah guess I'm not part of this community anymore"

And Die was like "alright fine, at least you admit that much. stay away from the fgc nobody wants someone who acts like this"
    my old roommate knows a lot of cats from the FGC and he said that darkness (a nickname we called die back then. got a laugh outta him) was mad cool and chill. feels scummy that art took advantage of that and just decided to act all stupid. but if that's how he wants to do it, i say ban him from any and all tournys, both as a player, comms guy and a T.O.

He just keeps getting hairier with each entry. It's like he's trying to compete with Blanka.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    He just keeps getting hairier with each entry. It's like he's trying to compete with Blanka.
    Just more evidence of his status as a combat-hobo.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...I'll find it hilarious if he somehow mentions his weird cameo in Tekken without saying it's Tekken

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.