Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

So, Grun returns as a special episode boss. (looks at Cthulhu) I told you 4 years ago, and I'll tell ya again: YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN STAY OUT OF MY YOKO TARO GAMES!
    the real takeaway here is how good the Nier soundtracks have become.

Like Nier Replicant/Gestalt (the first one) had a good soundtrack. Automata had an amazing soundtrack. The remake of Nier looks to have some fun new additions to it!

We saw this coming but yeah, Dimitrescu is basically Mr.X.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    the real takeaway here is how good the Nier soundtracks have become.

Like Nier Replicant/Gestalt (the first one) had a good soundtrack. Automata had an amazing soundtrack. The remake of Nier looks to have some fun new additions to it!
    I'm hoping that Taro does eventually remake the Drakengard trilogy in the same fashion.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm hoping that Taro does eventually remake the Drakengard trilogy in the same fashion.
    A remaster series, staring with Drakengard 1, would be quite interesting.

Because the gameplay in the first game, and arguably the second, is not... great. You'd need to do a lot of quality of life stuff and maybe rethink how the game even works but that opportunity could reap big dividends.

Drakengard 3 is okay tho.

I'd personally prefer him to make more new **** though. Automata, in my opinion, is the best game he's made and I want to see how he follows that up.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

We saw this coming but yeah, Dimitrescu is basically Mr.X.
    i do hope that this X is gon give it me.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

been looking at my KENP stats and some people have been reading the hell out of "new world" over 2,000 pages read since april started.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i do hope that this X is gon give it me.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

This isn’t t really a spoiler because it’s pretty clearly out there if people are reading FF during the King in Black stuff.

I’m not reading the series, but have they explained how a symbiote is able to take over Johnny Storm of all people? That would only be worse if they were taking over Klaw or Banshee. Fire is quite the well-established symbiote weakness, isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Shoot her! SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOT HER!!!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    This isn’t t really a spoiler because it’s pretty clearly out there if people are reading FF during the King in Black stuff.

I’m not reading the series, but have they explained how a symbiote is able to take over Johnny Storm of all people? That would only be worse if they were taking over Klaw or Banshee. Fire is quite the well-established symbiote weakness, isn’t it?
    Ugh, yeah.

The whole King in Black thing was rather silly, and ignored stuff like 'logic' and 'continuity' and 'established character traits'...have you read the end, yet?

spoilers:
    Where Eddie Brock/Venom inexplicably takes control of Mjolnir from Thor and somehow combines it with the Sufer's board into an axe?
    end of spoilers

It reads like the writer was high. What it was, I suspect, was they had a 'You know what would be SO COOL?' 8-year-old moment - exclusive to them, not to anyone else - and decided to roll with it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Man.

Poor Tank Top Master. That wasn't in the webcomic and that feels perhaps a bit excessive. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Man.

Poor Tank Top Master. That wasn't in the webcomic and that feels perhaps a bit excessive. :/
    I just read that chapter, and...ugh. Yeah, there's more than a little of late that feels a tad excessive.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Ugh, yeah.

The whole King in Black thing was rather silly, and ignored stuff like 'logic' and 'continuity' and 'established character traits'...have you read the end, yet?

spoilers:
    Where Eddie Brock/Venom inexplicably takes control of Mjolnir from Thor and somehow combines it with the Sufer's board into an axe?
    end of spoilers

It reads like the writer was high. What it was, I suspect, was they had a 'You know what would be SO COOL?' 8-year-old moment - exclusive to them, not to anyone else - and decided to roll with it.
    I haven’t read it, but I was aware of it and thought the exact same thing.

In fact I think I even attributed the same age to it in another thread.

Some 8-year old comic ideas are cool (fedora-wearing, mute, amnesiac, alien-modified, space Kung Fu guy who slaps Heralds of Galactus around) and others... less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I haven’t read it, but I was aware of it and thought the exact same thing.

In fact I think I even attributed the same age to it in another thread.

Some 8-year old comic ideas are cool (fedora-wearing, mute, amnesiac, alien-modified, space Kung Fu guy who slaps Heralds of Galactus around) and others... less so.
    I mean, that guy was at least an original character modified by some kind of tech. So...reasons?

This violates...I don't know how many years of some kind of continuity for a scene that really, really ended up looking quite dumb. Also felt a little like wish-fulfillment of someone who had been bullied. Which I get, but maybe doesn't make a grand finale.
    Why are we here?